Ebay Auction - Life size paper Droideka - DK Publishing

Lindo

Sith Lord
Probably can't find another Sean because no one wants them, just because you can find another it doesn't mean it is very rare probably just means everyone binned them

majesticmagician

Youngling
I think that is exactly why they are so rare.
Most sites that had them simply didn't think to keep them for nearly 20 years.

Like all collectable items they become rarer and more valuable with time as they get lost/ damaged or destroyed...and this was a limited item when produced also which means that there will probably be even less of them that have survived in this condition.

It is a very cool model when made up and I'm pretty sure that there are many collectors that would want them.

I may need to find a star wars auction unless i get interested parties from the forums.

I can pm anyone interested with photos of requested.

Thanks.
Sean

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
majesticmagician said:
I think that is exactly why they are so rare.
Most sites that had them simply didn't think to keep them for nearly 20 years.

Like all collectable items they become rarer and more valuable with time as they get lost/ damaged or destroyed...and this was a limited item when produced also which means that there will probably be even less of them that have survived in this condition.

It is a very cool model when made up and I'm pretty sure that there are many collectors that would want them.

I may need to find a star wars auction unless i get interested parties from the forums.

I can pm anyone interested with photos of requested.

Thanks.
Sean

Maybe try moving your sale into the Modern collecting section. As you will see in the thread you're ins history, there is little to no love for the Prequels and associated merchandise, so despite its potential rarity, the desirability is probably not there broadly speaking.
Not meaning to be rude about your item, but to reenforce the point.. compared to the 1970's, white dog **** is rare these days, but that doesn't mean anyone wants it.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not meaning to be rude about your item, but to reenforce the point.. compared to the 1970's, white dog **** is rare these days, but that doesn't mean anyone wants it.[/quote]

So elegantly put. :lol: :lol: :lol:

majesticmagician

Youngling
How do I move to the modern collection area please. Thanks
Just posted on here as thought I would be able to review it to real star wars collectors...
If no one here wants it i may look for star wars auction or ebay sale...
Any help appreciated and views taken in
Thanks

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
majesticmagician said:
How do I move to the modern collection area please. Thanks
Just posted on here as thought I would be able to review it to real star wars collectors...
If no one here wants it i may look for star wars auction or ebay sale...
Any help appreciated and views taken in
Thanks

Mate, this forum is full of "real Star Wars collectors" which is why this isn't getting any love here. The prequels sucked arse. There are a handful here who will contest that point. Don't pay them any attention, they're mad.

HOWEVER...... I would like one of these things. It would go in my loft until I buy the house of my dreams and can assemble it. Either that or it gets eaten by the mice. I have the huge plastic Naboo Starfighter and Droid Fighter's too. I'm under no illusion as to their desirability, though! The Starfighter is over 6ft long and made of rigid plastic. It's actually really impressive. I paid £150 odd for it, IIRC. Anyway, point being, I'm not looking to spend more than tens of pounds on it and, frankly, that's all it's worth. If you don't believe me, please put it on eBay and post the link here. But prepare for disappointment :/

majesticmagician

Youngling
Sorry scruffy not letting it go for 10's
Rather keep it for another 20 years and rake it in when there are none left in this condition.

In no hurry so well bide time until I get a decent offer.

Thanks for your message though...appreciated.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but it isnt rare and it certainly isnt worth what you may think. Ive owned one and they are pretty crap. They are probably one of the worst bits of SW advertising ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0GFZKPQuAaw

_Lee_

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
The prequels sucked arse. There are a handful here who will contest that point. Don't pay them any attention, they're mad.

You cheeky ****er : :lol: they werent that bad :)

YIPPEE

majesticmagician

Youngling
Everyone's got their own opinion and that's fine.
Mine is certainly not crap I've seen it fully made up and it is a great looking bit of kit. Don't know what toy had? Sorry I can't help you buddy.
I'll hold out thank you

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
majesticmagician said:
Sorry scruffy not letting it go for 10's
Rather keep it for another 20 years and rake it in when there are none left in this condition.

In no hurry so well bide time until I get a decent offer.

Thanks for your message though...appreciated.

Rake it in? What, when everyone realises they've all been mistaken for the last 35 years and actually, you know what? Episode I was a brilliant film! Keep it as long as you like, the only think you'll be raking is leaves. You've had your advice and it's resounding. However, I do know what you mean when it comes to sell verses keep. I'm sure we all have stuff we'd rather keep than sell for a pittance, even if it means taking up loft room for the next few decades.

Sorry, Lee :D You must be a glutton for punishment: Defender of the prequels, Luton supporter....next you'll be telling me your a Corbyn supporter and president of the Pies Morgan fanclub :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom