Latest Modern Acquisitions

Russ J

Jedi Master
£100 for the AT-ACT That's a bargain atm....I need one but can't get on atm as I'm on my jollys in Cuba 8) ...I'll buy one when I get back to the UK (Sod's law they'll have sold out before ha ha)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I watched the retroblasting review Rogue One SPECIAL: Part 2/2 - of the at act and could not believe how small the inside was to barely fit and figs inside and only one place up front for one driver and the cursed nerf reloader, seems like a pointless amount of tec in it which pushes the price way above most peoples reach and cuts the space inside, way to go Hasbro to sell less :lol: but maybe the kids love the nerf features after all I know they are the target market but at that rrp :shock:
This could have been really good not just good, with a bit more thought but I guess we have been spoilt in the past, think I will take a chance and wait for a boot sale bargain on this as I cannot justify the price for what it is, but would happily pay $50 all day long :)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
To be fair, as kids toys they are quite good, sure the big nerd **** is annoying to us oldies but the 10 and under club can't get enough of it, pretty much every vehicle has been 50-80% off within six months are either Argos, Tescos or ToysRUs so if you wait then the deal will come.

I do agree Hasbro may make toys for kids but at their current RRP they are not shifting, he'll even 9.99+ for an action figure is daft, they need to get back to 5.99 figures, 20-50 for the core vehicles and 100ish for the big special vehicles, they will shift a lot more units with those price points than they currently do...

grinchy

Sith Lord
I agree, wish they'd drop the nerf feature but it is aimed at kids not us collectors, its a pass for me, just not excited by the toy but it is cool looking.
Hasbro have done some great vehicles, my favourite by far is the big millennium falcon from a few years ago, that's a playset and a half, lights, movie sounds, just a brilliant toy, they have said they couldn't do this toy again at an affordable pricepoint, i paid close to 200 on the secondary market, its missing a few bits but i am glad to have it, i repainted mine and its a centrepiece of the collection
10153283672473577_784957172178034966_n_zpsyjeym5vj.jpg

Hope to see more from them in this vein

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Picked up these 2 droids. 13 more to go for a full carded run.

34447283911_72e2349502_c.jpg

Managed to get these 2 on ebay for a quite reasonable price, still can't find any for sale anywhere else yet.

34415817972_a6540fe36e_c.jpg

And finally a nice Thrawn haul, got the figure from America in the end as still no luck in any shops! Also treated myself to the limited edition black cover novel.

34447285791_c5114d03e7_c.jpg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Not a toy comment, but reading Thrawn right now - loving it, first SW novel where i am routing for the Empire (or Imperial characters) and when i watch a few rebels episodes i now look at Thrawn and his interactions with the Rebels and Lothal in a different light.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
monkey_roo said:
Not a toy comment, but reading Thrawn right now - loving it, first SW novel where i am routing for the Empire (or Imperial characters) and when i watch a few rebels episodes i now look at Thrawn and his interactions with the Rebels and Lothal in a different light.

So far I've read Lost Stars, Bloodline, Aftermath Trilogy, Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, Rogue One Catalyst and Thrawn.

It's really interesting to read so much now from the Imperial point of view, and describing the Rebels as terrorists.

Have we got it wrong all these years?! :eek:

I'm currently halfway through the Rogue One novelisation, with Rebel Rising, Guardians of the Whills and Battlefront: Twilight Company lined up next. Quite a few books pre-ordered as well.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yeah, doing the same.
Never read any of the novels from back in the day. but am piling through the new canon.

Read Catalyst and Rogue one (both great) then the aftermath trilogy, i found the writing style a little jarring to start with but got used to it and after three book, loved the characters and the threads it lays leading Bloodline (again very good) and Force Awakens, which i found to actually be the worst of the books so far.

I have all the others you listed waiting on the shelve, shame i only have a 30 min commute to work these days otherwise i would be getting through these a lot quicker.

Given the way Thrawn is written i struggle to see another book coming out with him as the focus, but i really hope they do, maybe something covering his time during the clone wars and interacting with a certain young Jedi?

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
Mind if I ask how much you ended up paying for it, been thinking of trying to get it but have a feeling the price will be too high...

On a note about Thrawn (awesome book) I heard Thrawn has pitched it as book one of a trilogy so hopefully more books from the master. Read all the new canon, just started rebel rising, and I still think lost stars is one of the best...

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice work on the Falcon, Grinchy. If anyone could make it look the mutts it's you.

Would like a TC-14 and the other droid. There were some good Episode I figures and TC-14 was probably my favourite. He was a swine to get hold of when he came out. I take it he's pricey now?

This chap (finally) arrived today. At last I have the US version to go with his more common Canadian cousin. This is the most I can see myself spending on a POTF II figure at a couple of quid Over £100. If I break this rule something has gone badly wrong!! (I wonder if there will ever be a day when that amount of money for this figure is considered "cheap" like we see on vintage FS threads from 5 odd years ago??)

Big thanks to Grant for the heads up on him. Love it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 616

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers mate, the falcon looks a lot better with a bit of effort, nice looking figure, I admit i'm not up on modern potf cards and values, glad your happy with it
Nice thrawn haul, I have yet to read any of the new cannon, have to see what I can find, I just bought the shattered empire graphic novel, set just after jedi, be interesting to see what they do with it

TRILOGY COLLECTOR

Jedi Knight
Nice figure ! and loving the artistic painted falcon :D

I am hunting for Empire Strike Back - Walker AT AT by Kenner - picked up Vintage Figures Biker Scout & AT-AT Driver for it (maybe should post in vintage section) :eek:

Keep you guys posted on when I find one :D :D

Attachments

• toys.jpeg
    toys.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 607

Latest posts

Top Bottom