Farthest From XIV Sunday May 7th 2017

coomber75

Sith Lord
damn nick a great load of moc there again :eek: no 12backs?? dont know why im even asking I cant get there :( have a great day guys

ODB

Jedi Master
I was going to this but the M3 being closed and the A3 being solid put an end to that.

Jez

Sith Lord
This was exactly the weekend i needed after my last few months.
I had such a laugh with my friends, it was great to catch up with you all, to meet up with old friends and meet some new ones. The greatest of times.
I am well aware that I got truly bladdered on Saturday night (lots of Jaegar Bombs were consumed), sorry if i was a pain in the backside, I just remember laughing a lot! Pressure release valve was well and truly open! I love hanging with you guys :)

The Sunday's stalls have reached new levels! I've never seen tables in the middle of the hall before! A great selection of vintage on sale, something for everyone!

I hope you all got home safely. Here's to the next one!!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
As above, really, except without all the exertions of the previous weeks Jez has endured!

A good Saturday night and a great show and turnout on the Sunday. Brilliant number of stalls and crammed into every inch of the room.

Great seeing all you guys as always. Rich, Pete, Carl and all you other guys that couldn't make it, you were sorely missed. There's always August, though, so block book that now and then there can be no excuse ;)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Awesome as always! Well done Dave.

Pics are up.

Facebook:-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155114883945149.1073741974.652110148&type=1&l=b21ba3b617

Flickr:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_jason_smith/albums/72157681670058440

:)

Jason

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Had a fantastic time. Arrived in time to catch the end of the Saturday 'fun day' and used that time to chat with Stephane and Yann, picking up the handbook in the process, as well as getting all by back copies of his previous books signed too.

Then bumped into Mark and Lee for a beer and chat before joining the masses in the next pub along for a pre-panel drink and great conversation... Daz was handing out some swag (as was Stephane) which was a great treat for me having not been able to get to Orlando and I do love all my swag!

The evening moved (for me at least) over to the hall, the food was ok... certainly plentiful, having heard of previous exploits at previous FF's I do wonder if the format of having a late night talk is right though... although I enjoyed it, I had (for me)) drunk a little too much by the time it finally started and possibly didn't give Stephane the attention he deserved!

After a very much appreciated, but slightly hilarious trip back to the hotel (Three Lions; not cheap, but very highly recommended) with my brother stashed in the back of Dave Tree's van along with all Dave's shelving... a good nights sleep set-up for day two.

Sunday was brilliant, SO MUCH vintage you can't imagine... Jason has captured it in the pictures, but in all seriousness, it felt like there was even more than pictured. The hall filled with people and steadily reduced of stock... I picked up a handful of pieces throughout the day all of which (as ever) are already cherished items that I feel blessed to own. Not least a few more Swag items that were bestowed upon me, Rob, Grant and Jez all handing me some little gem through the day - thanks lads!

I can't recommend making a Saturday evening of it enough. The friendships formed and developed and the conversation (I'm a quiet one too) that I got into was the best part of the weekend all round. Shopping is fun, talking and friendships are so much better and cost so much less!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks for a great day on Sunday, my first and definitely not my last ff.
I felt it was like going back to the old days of fairs before the internet and facebook, so much vintage to see and "touch" before you buy, a much better way. :)
You were certainly spoiled for choice if MOCs were your thing, which they are for me, but there was lots to see apart form MOCs.
Thanks Jamie for the cases they were exactly what I needed, nice to meet you.
Really nice to chat with the Vintage Rebellion guys, great to put faces to names, thanks for your time, you were certainly in demand, but made time to chat.
Purchased a few new items that are already part of my collection, which now also have great memorys of my first ff as well.
Looking forward to the next one, when ever it is :?:
Thanks again for a great day.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
FF has become something I've really come to look forward to, despite the trek it feels like it's all worth it when you see familiar faces, and get to know new ones.

I came away with a couple of bargains and a couple of bits to fill holes in the collection.

The French guys presentation was truly enlightening, shedding light on some stuff I never new. This is a part of FF that lacks with other events, it's learning new things, even after all this time.

I agree with Steve, by the time the talk kicked in I was half cut and knackered :D

To all my collecting friends, I salute you!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Here's my little haul from Farthest From, my first time at the event and I had a great time. So much fantastic vintage in one small space, my head was spinning!

Lovely to catch up with some old friends and to meet many others, from on here, Facebook, and the podcast. Special thanks to James Martin for keeping back the Dairylea transfers for me, to Mark Daniels for the Jedi press kit, to Jez for the fantastic TVR poster, to Ben Logray Potter for the Wokling, and to Stéphane and Yann for signing my Meccano to Trilogo book and for the great swag items. There must be others on here who I talked to and didn't recognise so apologies where they're due!

My purchases include a Dairylea transfer sheet, a couple of sealed Factors sticker sets, a sealed roll of Vymura ESB wallpaper, a Lyons Maid Vader mask, a ROTJ cinema press kit, an Icarus Ewoks place mat, and a Wokling!

IMG_1321.JPG

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
steve obi wan said:
Does anyone know who was selling the Palitoy 12 backs ?

Thanks

Jason Joiner and Mark Woolard had a stall of complete awesomeness. There were a fair few Palitoy 12 back reseals but I'm quite sure they would have had sealed 12 back, too.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Does anyone know who the guys were from "Old skool" toys and collectables, please?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Had a great couple of hours mooching on Sunday. Loads of fantastic vintage to drool over and more importantly, lots of top people to chat to. Was great to get to meet a few SWFUK members at last. Must try to make it to the Saturday night next time.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Had a great time, really nice atmosphere. Well worth a visit. Such a beautiful part of the world too. Nice to see everyone.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
steve obi wan said:
Just found out It was old skool collectables selling them !

Can Lee or Mark pls PM me

Thanks

Hi mate, it was Jason Joiner and Mark Woollard who had the 12 backs, there shelf was just behind part of out table and looked like it could be ours (I wish) but it was all their stuff on the black shelf behind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom