toy planet, wantage , Oxs , auction

poncho

Grand Master
just seen a EB member on FB say he has 55 mocs or so mostly trilogo for auction

16th may toy planet,wantage, oxfordshire. arbey arcade 0x12 8ab.
6-7pm viewing 7-9pm auction.

Jez

Sith Lord
Just up the road from me (20 minutes tops)
I'll be there! Thanks for letting us know

poncho

Grand Master
Jez said:
Just up the road from me (20 minutes tops)
I'll be there! Thanks for letting us know
Your welcome if you grab a bargain

You owe me a beer or beater figure which is cheaper 8)

Regards

Chris

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Been following the thread of Echo and it seems this is all getting blown out of proportion.

Originally advertised as an auction on Tuesday 16th, then the date changed..
Originally looked to have 55 MOCs, but now looks like the shop only has less than a fifth of that...

Copied from the thread on Echo (after much debate):

"It was the 16th. Then moved to 27th.
All starting to seem strange. The shop has a perfectly good Facebook page where it seems to update every time it gets new stock but mentioned nothing when 10k of Star Wars figures crops up. I'd say Doug is innocent in all this.

My guess is the bed picture is the original owners (would explain why taken in a house, not shop) & the shop purchased 9 figures from the lot (as mentioned in their own Facebook page) then Chinese whispers got out if control regarding the other figures."

Looks like the lad that broke the news in good faith has been left holding the shitty end of the stick...

Toy Planet collectors Arbery Arcade has a FB page that might be worth checking if there is any update on what is actually going on before anyone takes the afternoon off work...

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Contacted Steve (shop owner), to try and sort out what is actually going on... this is what I got back:

"This is becoming a difficult task to organise as next Tuesday people couldn't make it so a Saturday would be better. But due to it being a bank holiday on the 27th may people have said they can't make it. So I will announce on the Facebook group echo and my toy planet group that they will be sold through the shop so people can come to the shop instead. I will announce when they are available for sale. I also have more cards coming in next week so I will Star card the lot and then advertise them on Facebook so everyone can come and view before they buy. I am not happy posting them out as the Royal Mail have damaged parcels in the past. If people are spending hundreds of pounds I'm sure they would prefer to see it in there hands first.

Cheers"

I have no idea what Star card the lot means myself... maybe star case? Anyway, it does all sound a bit odd really. If I hear more I'll update

Jez

Sith Lord
He's just used this as free advertising. Stacked off the auction so he can now try to sell them at over inflated prices at his shop.

Edit: no not at all, I was wrong. I've spoken with him. He seems really nice but was just a bit overwhelmed with the persistent demand bombardment from EB members. It's far less hassle to sell Face to face. Better for both parties. He seems to have a sound and genuine business. He gets my vote over some other formats.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I think you're possibly right; he certainly has a reputation around here for high priced stuff, but who knows I've not heard anything dodgy about him

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom