Anthony Tipton - izzyblue

Russ J

Jedi Master
Thats really sad news to hear...i had a few dealings with Ant.mainly modern SW...i didn't no he was poorly :( .....i never met Ant in the flesh but he came across as a great guy via txts and whatsapp.....always willing to help out where he could.....

R.I.P mate you'll be sorely missed

jackabina

Sith Lord
Truly sad. There's nothing quite like this kind of news to help put things into perspective.
Rest well Anthony :(

TRILOGY COLLECTOR

Jedi Knight
very sad news - i remember sending some modern figures in post to him - never met him but we exchanged photo. Great guy - still in shock to hear that. Pray for him and his family. RIP dear friend

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Poor chap :( So young at 49. A terrible loss for his friends and family and indeed for the wider community. Lost too many family members and dear friends to that awful disease.

RIP, Anthony. MTFBWY always.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
This is very sad news indeed. I got to know Anthony a little when I sold him an OTC Slave 1, and continued corresponding with him a few times afterwards. He told me he had finished some chemo, but I didn't like to ask if that was because the cancer had been beaten or whether it was because it was no longer treatable. I naturally hoped for the former, and I must say that his amazingly positive outlook on life, which was a tremendous credit to him, had me fooled into thinking my hopes were justified. Now tragically it is clear it was probably the latter, and even though others knew him better than me, this is still most upsetting.

Thank you Colin for letting us know this terrible news. Please pass on my sincere condolences to his family.

Jeremy

itfciain

Grand Master
I am gutted to hear this - I kind of knew this was the likely outcome, Anthony had been pretty candid about the way things were going and even joking that I had better get things posted to him in time!

I never really knew what to say, how can you wish someone well when then are pretty much certain that it won't be - how can you be positive about such a shitty situation

I am sorry that I didn't get one more chat with him - life is just like that sometimes I guess

RIP Anthony, you were a great bloke

x-pack

Grand Master
Bloody cancer! More must be done to help it's victims. Something that one day, maybe, will be a thing of the past

RIP to a fellow collector

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't think I had any direct dealings with him myself but it's always a real blow to hear a forum member has passed. I'm pleased to see he had good friendships on here though and was seemingly enjoying collecting til the end.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Anthony's family have asked me to pass on their thanks for all the lovely comments and messages, knowing how well liked he was within the community has definitely brought them some additional comfort and they mentioned again how much pleasure he took from being part of it.
Cheers
Colin.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
One of the first people I traded with on the forum ! He was a really straight up and nice guy and I am truely sorry to read that he passed away. And at 49 it's just a bit ridiculous !

God Speed & Light Speed Ant.....one day hopefully we will trade again in the Galaxy Far Far away !

spoons

Grand Master
RIP Anthony, very sad to read that another forum member has passed far too young

yoda

Sith Lord
I never knew Anthony and its very sad reading this about the poor guy. He seemed like a decent bloke reading the other posts of those who did know him RIP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom