Header image

Ebay search history needed.

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Ebay search history needed.

Postby yoda » Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 pm

MarkG wrote:
yoda wrote:Ok guys a bit of progress, I have managed to find the sale on PayPal and went though the link back to ebay. It was bought on the 7 March. From this point things may be starting to go downhill. The seller is in China I stupidly missed that at the start :roll: he has now 99.2% feedback. It was 100% when I bought. His 1 recent negative feedback is a warning of selling fake battery.
I think I may be starting to get the feeling I am well and truly fucked by this guy.
If I send him a message and he won't reply whats the next step?

Can you start a claim with Paypal ?... technically you have 180 days to claim, so you might get something back.

Or, contact eBay directly and have a chat with them. Tell them you were on holiday when the item arrived, and only just got chance to check it...

Ok thanks Mark I will try that.
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby MarkG » Sun May 14, 2017 10:31 pm

yoda wrote:
Ok thanks Mark I will try that.

On second thoughts... EBay should take your side anyway. If the guy is now getting negative feedback for the same / similar items they have no reason but to sort it for you.
Wanted - Instruction sheets and Stormtrooper cardbacks preferably....
Lili Ledy Boxed Speeder Bike

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Fri May 19, 2017 10:04 pm

An update folks on the outcome. It has been very positive indeed, so a thanks for all the help and advice I received form you guys :D
On Sunday night after I got the sellers details going through PayPal and finding the auction on eBay. I sent a message through eBay to the seller. I just stated the battery wasn't working which I had bought in March and would wait to until they reply. It was coming up seller in China :?: this confused me because I normally check this and couldn't recall this. I had always believed it was coming from the UK because I wouldn't have bought otherwise, so I presumed I missed that which didn't seem right. Within 1 hr I got a response saying no problem a new one is posted :!: sure enough it arrived on Wed, brand new. It is again at full charge so won't know if it will juice up again until I run it flat.
The seller never asked for the old battery or what made me think it was the battery and not the charger at fault. Also the box shows it came from Portsmouth and not China on the postage. I now remember this is where the last one also came from.
I am just happy to have gotten another battery and hopefully this one is ok.
I never sell on ebay but is this common for some sellers sometimes to list they are from different countries but are not? Or why do that? If not why is it showing this on the old auction? I am remaining positive about the seller but I do wonder why they posted so quickly without any questions back to me because it was £70. I kind of feel they wer almost waiting to hear back from me about the first battery :? Anyway alls good again so far so my figures are crossed with this new battery.
Thanks again for the help.
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Sun May 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Glad you got it sorted and fingers crossed the new battery works or at least recharges.

I'd just ignore any auction or listing where the seller is based in China, it's just not worth the risk. They don't seem to know, or care, what copy right laws are out there and chances of getting your money back are slim to nil, unless Ebay or PP refund you from their own pockets.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sun May 21, 2017 1:45 pm

weasel wrote:Glad you got it sorted and fingers crossed the new battery works or at least recharges.

I'd just ignore any auction or listing where the seller is based in China, it's just not worth the risk. They don't seem to know, or care, what copy right laws are out there and chances of getting your money back are slim to nil, unless Ebay or PP refund you from their own pockets.

Cheers Weasel hopefully it works ok, yes your right its just not worth the risk anymore buying from sellers listed so far away. I have now learned a lesson. It is better to pay a bit more for an item if its closer to home. At least there is some hope of getting it resolved that way if things go wrong. I am just grateful the seller replied and sent a replacement.

Return to “Ebay Listings”