Auction Purchase - Reseal?

r5-d4cus

Padawan
I won a set of figures on the recent vectis auction and am due to pick them up next week. I was taking another look at the auction pic post-auction and noticed the Vader card looks like it might be a re-seal, . I'm hoping it isn't but would appreciate the board's thoughts before picking it up.

Why do I only seem to really pay attention to the pics after I've bought the bleeding things :?:

5star wrs.jpg
darth.png

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Were they sold as reseals? If not you could cancel. The others all look like reseals, Vader might be OK but hard to tell from one photo.

r5-d4cus

Padawan
No, not sold as reseals. I wasn't worried about the three middle ones as they're obviously knackered but thought the Vader and left-most Ackbar were ok when I first looked at the pic.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You might be OK then, I'm pretty sure Vectis have to declare major issues like resealing.

poncho

Grand Master
ackbar bubble looks badly cracked or crushed at the top

vader could be reseal hard to tell but that one corner looks like it has come away at some point. the rest are loose imcomplete figures with bubbles so a potential reseal project.

hope you didnt may too much

greedole

Padawan
Vader looks good.
Ackbar looks sealed to me.
The rest look detached....

Vectis usually describe detached bubbles as "poor"...(should just say detached)

Vectis are usually pretty good though if your not happy with description/outcome

I can't recommend going in person on Auction day enough....i guarantee you'll spend less cash

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
My opinion is the Vader looks pretty good, left most Ackbar is squashed and cracked, maybe shattered at the top (the yellow bubble would make that likely) and squashed at bottom right of bubble. Right Ackbar looks detached at bottom to about half way but still sealed top half.

The bubble with the Chirpa is actually from the Bib Fortuna, see the yellow strip at the bottom of that bubble matches up with the missing yellow litho at the top of the figure backing area behind Bib. That may actually reseal quite nicely.

The bubble currently with the Bib is probably for the Chirpa but looks shagged.

spoons

Grand Master
The condition of the figures are described with chirpa staff missing. That reads like a loose/resealed lot to me. Figure condition doesn't really come into it for MOCs

Darth looks like a partial reseal at worse. It isn't a clear description but you may struggle to argue the case

IMG_4281.PNG

Jez

Sith Lord
That's not at all clear is it. I'd say that description is abiguous at best. Nothing about separated, nothing about reseals. Arguable and totally winnable I reckon.
Sorry for your disappointment.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Looking at that picture, I'm sorry but I think you have about £100 worth of figures there. I personally wouldn't pay any more for that as a bulk lot.

I would really push hard about getting your money back on the basis they are undisclosed as reseals. I would also look up several other lots that are marked as reseals as that should only strengthen your case for them being incorrectly described.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think it depends on the Vader, that is £100+ easy as long as it's sealed. Then £20 each for the others doesn't seem too bad.

spoons

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
I think it depends on the Vader, that is £100+ easy as long as it's sealed. Then £20 each for the others doesn't seem too bad.

And if Ackbar is sealed too then about bang on price plus fees

r5-d4cus

Padawan
Thanks for the input everyone it's really appreciated. Edd/spoons, that was my reckoning when I put my bid in. The amount I bid was based on the Vader and the left-most Ackbar being factory sealed, I don't think the description is as helpful as it is on other lots. I'll send them an email, see where I get and let you know how I get on.

Lindo

Sith Lord
I agree with Mr shifter the realised price with fees is crazy for those I was watching and couldn't believe it, hopefully the vader will be decent condition for you though

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
You guys think £272.80 plus postage for this lot is reasonable?

That Vader bubble is the colour of piss. I think £75 is probably right for that. The ackbar bubble looks mashed and I wouldn't be surprised if it's smashed. Maybe £40.

The other 3 are awful. Wrong bubbles and missing weapons?

Even if you put the Vader at £100 and the ackbar at £75 then £100 for those other 3? Really?

It's up to the op but if I were him in the cold light of day I would be trying to get my money back on this lot.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nah Vader's worth way more than £75 these days, the last two Palitoy 65 backs to sell on eBay have gone for £400 and £160.

lejackal

Grand Master
For what it's worth I missed out on a 65 back Vader in comparable if not slightly worse condition on an eBay auction a couple of months ago, badly listed and still got close to a ton so I would have to say this one is an easy £120-140 assuming the top right side is factory and not a reseal.
The rest don't look great though, even the good looking Ackbar appears damaged at the top of the bubble. I would say the OP has paid absolute top whack or even up to £70 over

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom