I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
Stormtrooper88 said:
I guess this is a stupid question, but why is it on a Walrus man card?

If Oliver sudweeks is reading this, perhaps he will share a picture of his leia poncho which will give you a bit of a feel for other figures like this.

Oh, do tell. What's the Leia all about?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Discuss

IMG_5720.JPG

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Seen this one before, also very cool and weird. Jedi figure on a Jedi card of an Empire character!? Maybe not quite as weird as the other one, a Jedi figure on an Empire card of a Star Wars character. Strange to think potentially any combination could have been put together. The designers may have just toddled off down to the factory with their prototype figure/s and bubble, interrupted a worker on a sealing machine and said - "stick this on one of those cards" for us. And the prototype just ended up on whatever figures card they happened to be sealing at the time. That's how I like to imagine it happening anyway :wink:

Darth Satan

Youngling
Bit suspect this one I reckon. Fine for an '83 figure to be on an Empire crad, becuase there would have been plenty knocking about. But an '84 one? No need.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Just saw this post so thought I'd add my 2p.

Perhaps unusual but certainly nothing suspect about the Leia pink poncho. It's a full factory seal and there are now 4 known examples of the carded version and the figure is a first shot prototype that exactly matches known loose examples with non production paint, non production copyright markings and exact same pink poncho. Most carded samples were on earlier card back waves. Another example is the Han with non camo brown trenchcoat on a ROTJ 65 back ERG card. The last carded leia pink poncho example sold for close to $25k.

For what it's worth I think the asking price for the white coat Bib is a pretty steep increase on the last price it sold for a couple of years ago. These are iconic and very rare pre production pieces in limited numbers though. I think they should be around the same price as the Leia pink poncho.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Darth Satan said:
Bit suspect this one I reckon. Fine for an '83 figure to be on an Empire crad, becuase there would have been plenty knocking about. But an '84 one? No need.

Nothing suspect about these bud. They are 1000% genuine and been about on the collecting scene for some time now. A few of these surfaced in Australia IIRC. Here is another ROTJ figure on an ESB card, which i very nearly purchased for my Lando Skiff run:

http://www.toyzine.com/toys/toys/star_wars_lando.htm

My theory on the cardback movie combo is that packaging designers would have had hundreds of old cardbacks ready to be used for mock ups etc and they picked up whatever was at hand at the time.

Trust me, these are gems of this hobby.

Lee

olisuds

Sith Lord
Oh wow Lee, can't say i've seen that combo of carded sample before. What a stunner!!

I may have got my wires crossed and not sure if DS was suggesting the White coat Bib on ESB 48 back or the pink poncho on ROTJ 48 back made more sense but I've seen plenty similar examples of both. I don't think the logo or character/card combination made any difference although i have heard that sometimes they made them as bold and unusual as possible to make them deliberately stand out as a sample.

subzero

Sith Lord
Here's another silly one lol...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Tri-Logo-Boba-Fett-Moc-/202021900639?hash=item2f0971915f:g:gAIAAOSwP0ZZktvy

:lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
subzero said:
Here's another silly one lol...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Tri-Logo-Boba-Fett-Moc-/202021900639?hash=item2f0971915f:g:gAIAAOSwP0ZZktvy

:lol:
Thing is there are that many people looking for one at the minute it's probably not going to hang around long

subzero

Sith Lord
Really??, wow did not know the full value of that, an unpainted knee tri logo Fett went for less than £900 recently MOC, it was a Palitoy cardback though.

Why is the tri logo cardback variant much more expensive?.. much rarer?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
One of the toughest to get. Madine at the top of the tree, then fett and jawa out on their own then getting less tough hybrid ccp and hammerhead then it goes from there.

subzero

Sith Lord
Right I see, I suppose as well not all loose light grey Fett's are actually 'tri logo' but everyone just calls it that, so if it's on a tri logo cardback then you KNOW it's a real tri logo, that plus the rarity and condition and I can see where the demand would push the price up.

Surely tri logo Madine though wouldn't be more expensive than Fett?... is it?.. I mean it's Madine, :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
subzero said:
Right I see, I suppose as well not all loose light grey Fett's are actually 'tri logo' but everyone just calls it that, so if it's on a tri logo cardback then you KNOW it's a real tri logo, that plus the rarity and condition and I can see where the demand would push the price up.

Surely tri logo Madine though wouldn't be more expensive than Fett?... is it?.. I mean it's Madine, :lol:
I know of two to in public, one at about £11000 and the second at a staggering £20k although I'm told you shouldn't be paying more than about £8k. They don't sell publicly very often and can be very difficult to shake loose from other collectors. Look in the swap shop and you'll find a one of a kind Chewbacca MOC up for trade in an attempt to get a Madine

subzero

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
subzero said:

I know of two to in public, one at about £11000 and the second at a staggering £20k although I'm told you shouldn't be paying more than about £8k. They don't sell publicly very often and can be very difficult to shake loose from other collectors. Look in the swap shop and you'll find a one of a kind Chewbacca MOC up for trade in an attempt to get a Madine

Just wow! :shock:

It shows how much of a long way knowledge can go, if someone put that Madine on ebay for £100 and I seen it I would have laughed at it and carried on scrolling :?

Personally myself even at that scale of rarity I would never keep it if I had one, i'd rather swap that for an entire collection of cheap MOC's that I actually like any day of the week 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
subzero said:
lejackal said:
subzero said:

It shows how much of a long way knowledge can go, if someone put that Madine on ebay for £100 and I seen it I would have laughed at it and carried on scrolling :?
Funny you should say that.....
http://trilogo.info/features/general-madine/

subzero

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
subzero said:
lejackal said:
Funny you should say that.....
http://trilogo.info/features/general-madine/

Very interesting read!!

Holy crap!, 27 known to exist, now I really get it lol. That buyer too must have felt absolutely sick to the stomach having that 90EUR deal of the century cancelled on him, that's the only problem in this game, no way in hell are other collectors going to let an extremely rare piece like that go for such low money to another collector, they know if they throw up a high enough offer in the thousands to the seller they will absolutely cancel the sale for them.

So basically if you ever find an amazing bargain on ebay enjoy the buzz for 10 mins then say bye bye to it because a backdoorer :lol:

In reality the seller should get what he deserves for it and I can understand cancellations in moments like this one, but in all fairness in my eyes it's the sellers fault for not being educated in the item they're selling and it should have gone to the original buyer fair & square, which is why I really believe ebay should bring in a system that does not show up sold items until a week after it's ended. It's a sellers responsibility to know the item they're selling, it takes 1 minute to google something. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom