My newest edition :)

Attachments

• IMG_9979.JPG
    IMG_9979.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 937

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
There is something very sexy about an ESB Vader. Great MOC! And Ove, that Uzay? Jeez Louise, man! Just drop that right there why don't you amongst our lowly MOC additions! Beautiful acquisition, mate. Your diverse collection is astounding.

I am pleased to finally have a Boba Fett MOC. And it's not even a Toni! This is an interesting one in a number of ways, I think. The price sticker is the best part: "The Toy Box" was part of the KayBee empire. The sticker bears the same product code and price as the more well known KayBee overstock Trilogos, so this Palitoy piece legitimately wears its US price tag with pride! The top label is over an older version of the Toy Box price label, which in itself is interesting. Another interesting aspect is that the card should have been rejected, just as most of the TT versions were rejects: it has the red splat by Chewie on the back and the register is off on the front giving the racetrack and SW text a slightly different look about them. Finally, although there is no waffle pattern on the front of the bubble (wouldn't expect one on the 45c or later) there IS one just detectable on the back of the card. Almost as if the heat seal machines had the waffle pattern on the flat, moving part that's pressed on the back of the card (remember the bubble fit into a hole in the heat seal machine, the figure and weapon dropped in and then the card placed over he top of the lot so the operator only saw the cardback and pressed the plate down on that part).

Anyway, that's all a bit geek. I love it and the history of him. He scored a 50 grade because there's a small split on one of the bubble stems and a couple of creased corners. Couldnt care less. It only meant I was able to get him at a price I was happy with :)

IMG_9149.JPG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Interesting description of a very very desirable MOC.
Are you going to leave it in the AFA case or break it out?
Either way, a great piece, enjoy. :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers guys. There's been a handful of MOCs I've been really keen to acquire and this and my Leia O Trilogo are two on the list I can tick off.

Mini99 said:
Interesting description of a very very desirable MOC.
Are you going to leave it in the AFA case or break it out?
Either way, a great piece, enjoy. :D

I'm a big advocate of breaking them out but whilst I'm trying to curb my spending(!) I'll leave him in there as is saves buying a replacement case. This one definitely needs to come out at some point so I can flatten the card :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I tend to think that they look better out of the graded case and in a GW one, suspected that this would be your choice as well.
Eyes get drawn to the grading numbers rather than the figure itself.
Sure does look great either way.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Finally got my Vectis items delivered. Another great packing job and everything arrived safe and sound including four glazed items.

Will post the rest up when I get a chance to take half decent photos but wanted to post this up as I'm really quite impressed.

I only bid on this because it seemed like a bargain (hammered at £25) and I have a soft spot for ROTJ it being the only film I remember seeing at the cinema and with my Dad, too. I knew it was big as I had glanced at the measurement on the listing.....but bloody hell its massive. That small thing bottom right is my only MOC from Vectis (bargain B-Wing Trilogo). The poster is immense and so cool. I have absolutely zero idea how to display it as framing is out of the question. I can only assume it was a bus stop poster as it's quite a rough grain paper and, if I didn't say already, is bloody massive.

IMG_9152.JPG

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Finally got my Vectis items delivered. Another great packing job and everything arrived safe and sound including four glazed items.

Will post the rest up when I get a chance to take half decent photos but wanted to post this up as I'm really quite impressed.

I only bid on this because it seemed like a bargain (hammered at £25) and I have a soft spot for ROTJ it being the only film I remember seeing at the cinema and with my Dad, too. I knew it was big as I had glanced at the measurement on the listing.....but bloody hell its massive. That small thing bottom right is my only MOC from Vectis (bargain B-Wing Trilogo). The poster is immense and so cool. I have absolutely zero idea how to display it as framing is out of the question. I can only assume it was a bus stop poster as it's quite a rough grain paper and, if I didn't say already, is bloody massive.

IMG_9152.JPG

You say framing is out of the question... check out Shane Turgeon's poster collection if you're friends on Facebook... he has a few of these massive pieces framed. Must cost a fortune, but the elevation to artwork status is significant.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I agree, it needs framing, but suspect this would cost a fortune.
Whatever you do with it, enjoy it as it's a great piece of art work.
But it is big isn't it :roll:

Lindo

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:

IMG_9152.JPG
you must have been standing on ladders to get it all in the picture :D

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Picked up this plush Chewbacca yesterday while I was out and about. He is in amazing condition and even smells new (yes, I admit I sniffed the Wookiee). :)

IMG_9715.JPG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Really pleased with this I picked up today :D

Attachments

• IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,027

lejackal

Grand Master
A couple of modest additions for me in comparison to the last few pages of loveliness.
This is probably the closest I'll get to owning a 12 back this year and it looks nice as part of the background in my cabinet. Also pleased to have a Luke Hoth again, especially one this white.

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 951

Latest posts

Top Bottom