What's your most nostalgic piece?

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm not a MOC collector but after seeing Star Wars for the first time in 1982, I went to Tesco to choose my first ever figure. Recently got myself this as a reminder :D

28326488910_0bc621a8c4_c.jpg

Also Christmas 1982 I got an AT-AT, My Dad bought me it from Tesco and I remember it cost £24.99

I bought myself a boxed one recently and it wasn't until I received it I noticed it had a £24.99 Tesco price sticker on it!

31652126131_aa3535afe1_c.jpg

Jez

Sith Lord
Great pieces. I love the AT AT price sticker!

Here is my most nostalgic piece. The very first ever figure i was bought back in 1982, the actual one!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well done for still having that figure! Sadly, I have none of my original childhood figures, however I did keep all my original books, annuals, Helix ruler and pencils, a Waddingtons SW jigsaw and a Capiepa French SW jigsaw I picked up as a kid whilst on holiday in France :). Vive le jigsaw! :) All those are chock full of nostalgia for me as they take me right back to when I bought them!

subzero

Sith Lord
Between me and my brothers we had so many figures and vehicles, 99% of all that all somehow disappeared into history, we used to do carboots quite a bit throughout the early 90's so I reckon most of it all got sold at those, and probably for pennies lol.

Only about 3 or 4 beaters without any accessories made it this far without being lost/sold/stolen by other kids, they're deep in a cupboard somewhere among tons & tons of old crap and I know 100% they're in there, but they'll stay there prob for a few more years until they're unearthed again when the next 'family clean out' happens, sad though how so much childhood stuff disappears.

One thing that I think about quite often is the fact that every single thing that we had as kids still exists ( if it's plastic ), it's actually still out there somewhere right now, I mean all of it, every single little piece of it. Some of it is in other peoples lofts/cupboards/toy collections ( even half way across the world somewhere ), my crusty old Han or Luke could actually still be floating out in the middle of the Atlantic ocean right now lmao. Some bits might have even been recycled and it once lived as something completely different, and a lot of it is no doubt still in landfills somewhere deep in the ground. Even if they're broken down into tiny unrecognisable little pieces it's all still out there somewhere, in theory you could go out right now and get every bit of it back ( if you knew exactly where each bit was ).

I think too much :lol:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
A lot of the vintage toys give me a nostalgic feeling, but (possibly because the toys have been present through most of my life) I'm finding it's the more obscure stuff I didn't keep that really brings back memories. I'm struggling to choose one so here are a few:

'Dairy Time'' Star Wars yogurt pots: I remember these first appearing in the supermarket and begging my Mum to let us have them. We wanted to get the full set but Yoda gooseberry flavour sounded bloody awful... we got it anyway and it was bloody awful. I saw a picture of the pots recently and it really brought the memories flooding back. I could even remember which supermarket and their location in the store!

'Presto Magix' transfers: You don't get much more 1980s than transfers. Both my brother and I had the 'Sarlacc' set (buying us exactly the same thing avoided arguments), and I remember deliberating on the best position for the transfers. Again I don't have one of these but I'm seriously tempted to purchase one.

'Vymura' ESB wallpaper: We had this up in our bedroom and I remember starting at it at night before going to sleep - I'm sure it caused many of my childhood SW-related dreams, and probably fuelled my love of ESB too.

The ITV broadcast of Star Wars: We recorded it and watched it so many times we could recite it from memory. Even now I find the audio differences between the ITV broadcast version and subsequent official releases stick in my memory ("Close the blast doors! Close the blast door!" "Open the blast doors, open the blast doors!").

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
subzero said:
In theory you could go out right now and get every bit of it back ( if you knew exactly where each bit was ).

I think too much :lol:

I've often thought of this as well. I had relatively few figures as a kid, so it wouldn't be a huge amount of stuff to track down.

It's a nigh on impossible task, of course.
Even if I could definitely remember who I gave them to, you couldn't be 100% sure the figures were your childhood ones (unless they were distinctly marked).

I think we're suffering from vintage PTSD :lol:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
peekaygee73 said:
The ITV broadcast of Star Wars: We recorded it and watched it so many times we could recite it from memory. Even now I find the audio differences between the ITV broadcast version and subsequent official releases stick in my memory ("Close the blast doors! Close the blast door!" "Open the blast doors, open the blast doors!").

The ITV premiere is emblazoned in my memory. My old Betamax recording got played once a day for months after. Drove the family mad.
Wish I still had that tape.

Even now, when watching Star Wars on DVD, I find myself anticipating the advert breaks :lol:

Have you still got your original recording?

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Twin30mm said:
peekaygee73 said:

The ITV premiere is emblazoned in my memory. My old Betamax recording got played once a day for months after. Drove the family mad.

Even now, when watching Star Wars on DVD, I find myself anticipating the advert breaks :lol:

My recorded VHS copy was 3 times a day during the summer holidays!

Yes still know exactly when the adverts are going to kick in when I watch it :D

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Twin30mm said:
peekaygee73 said:

No, sadly. Ours was Beta too and went when we got rid of the recorder. I'm still on the lookout for a digital copy though.

yoda

Sith Lord
It's the Falcon for me the first and only ship I ever owned. One Xmas after my mum had a local bingo win a few weeks before. I'll never forget it waking up on Xmas day a boxed millennium Falcon with 7 figures!

Cymonguk

Padawan
Slave 1, it was the only large ship I got brand new. I picked up a lot of stuff later as people sold it off in about 1984-85, I remember buying a whole box of stuff from a lad near me for £20 including a Falcon, etc.

I must have played with it for hours, it looked cool, and it had Boba Fett who was a great imaginative figure (he had rockets, arm launchers, a flamethrower, etc). It also had the carbonite han for added coolness. It is no surprise I bought it as my first vintage ship! Just hoping to pick up a box now.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
so much to choose from,

Pop-up r2 and boba were the figures i played with the most.

I really liked the jabba playset especially the detail of rats and bones inside the throne.

Born Too Late

Youngling
I had a brief hiatus from collecting and the forum while we had a child and now catching up on a lot of SWFUK posts.

My most nostalgic has got to be the Rebel Transport ship, it's one of only two from my childhood collection I remember being given. My Dad and I were in Peter Jones in Wickford and I grabbed it off the shelf moments before another boy could reach it, I remember he cried :(

The only other one I remember receiving was the Ewok Village and my Gran saying how expensive it was for a pile of plastic!

Tony jedi

Padawan
Well my first ever star wars figure was R2 D2 Pali 12 back. My first ever vehicle was Darths TIE Fighter. Happy memories. I have now since got a loose but near mint R2 and a boxed complete Darths TIE but the box is second version sadly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom