Cut card predicament

Gaz46&2

Padawan
I have this Ugnaught figure on a cut card which I bought about 12 years ago and it's been sat in a box ever since. The bubble lifts one side but the figure cannot be removed and the white case is still taped to the bubble. I realise that opening figures is frowned upon and can result in bans in some circles but this is a bit different.

I can't display it with a loose collection and I can't display as a MOC so what would you do?

a; Leave it as is
b; Open it and get graded or display it.
c; Sell it and buy one that's already loose.

ocDrKi2.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
Me personally if I really couldn't display it then i'd sell it to a collector who would prefer to keep it the way it is, and then use the money to buy a mint loose one or add it towards getting a MOC.

Surely the cut card can still be displayed though?, like in a nice little GW acrylic case?, it would look nice I reckon!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
'a' or 'c', but never 'b'. There are people who collect cut card figures and there are plenty of loose figures in just as good condition. One of the members here (punkpat) was recently selling factory overstock Ugnaught figures which are in great condition.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
DON"T OPEN IT! CAS (Collector Archive Services) - the company I am part owner of - has a solution for you. We provide a "Preserved Grade" - our answer to the U-grade - whereby we will grade the loose figure in a cut card or beater and provide a custom case to preserve your cut card. Check it out:

https://collectorarchive.com/swc123

Any questions, let me know!

Ross

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ross_Barr said:
DON"T OPEN IT! CAS (Collector Archive Services) - the company I am part owner of - has a solution for you. We provide a "Preserved Grade" - our answer to the U-grade - whereby we will grade the loose figure in a cut card or beater and provide a custom case to preserve your cut card. Check it out:

Ross

The award for most blatant plug of the year goes to........ :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Clarkspie&chips said:
You could buy a cardback and display it with a carefully cut toploader
Sell it and buy a nice MOC.
Sell it and buy a good loose figure.
or do the above, which is a nice compromise.
Please let us know what you decided to do and the result, as long as it wasn't option b :eek:

yoda

Sith Lord
Don't open it you'll find a loose mint figure if you give it time. I think it's nice just to keep it as it is even if the card was cut.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
weasel said:
Ross_Barr said:

Ross

The award for most blatant plug of the year goes to........ :lol:

Lol true. But it's well placed though! :D

Sabreman

Padawan
It is still mint and sealed moc even if the card is still only the size of the bubble, you can get a small acrylic case pack the back with bubble wrap to have the front of the bubble touching the front of the case.
Better still get an Empire card back to display with it, it would look great, however don't open it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom