Vintage SW is still affordable - £50 or less MOCs latest acquisitions

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lindo said:
I think it is called farthest from because it couldn't get much farther away from us northern boys :(

Come on Lindo, get your arse down, Rich is pretty much Scottish and makes it :) Do it once and the distance won't figure the next time you consider coming. Great event.

r5-d4cus

Padawan
I got a cheeky logray for £21, sadly it arrived with a cracked bubble after being damaged in transit.
Also got a nice 8D8 trilogo for just over £40. This thread keeps me motivated to hunt for bargains!
WP_20170624_09_48_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20170624_09_48_09_Pro.jpg
WP_20170615_21_21_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20170615_21_21_42_Pro.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
I know they're over £50 but it's close and still an amazing bargain, 2 weeks ago I managed to get Obi Wan ( trilogo ), Darth Vader and R2D2 all 3 ROTJ MOC's in great condition for £60 each.

A month ago I also got hold of a Ree Yees MOC in fairly nice cond for about £35, it's one of the cheapest MOC's you can buy but still a very nice figure to own and display and I love it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 598

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Dammit boys, that humbled my B-Wing Pilot! That 8D8 is incredible for £40. Looks like Meccano card looking at the hole punch, too. Might be perspective making it look that way though. Nice one!

And I think R2, Vader and Obi-Wan are all allowed in on the grounds they're daft bargains :) want to see photos!

Where did you guy get them? Ebay?

r5-d4cus

Padawan
No, it's a standard punch on the card, just perspective and a bit of wear on the punch making it look like that :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
£60 for Vader, and some joker is trying to sell a graded one for $1500 on Facebook :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
I know they're over £50 but it's close and still an amazing bargain, 2 weeks ago I managed to get Obi Wan ( trilogo ), Darth Vader and R2D2 all 3 ROTJ MOC's in great condition for £60 each.

A month ago I also got hold of a Ree Yees MOC in fairly nice cond for about £35, it's one of the cheapest MOC's you can buy but still a very nice figure to own and display and I love it.

Oh and last week got an excellent score of a trilogo unpainted knee Boba Fett ( loose ) in near mint cond... for £50 :mrgreen:

Sorry no pic of Fett as he's still on his way from the US.

£60.00 each is amazing, well done, I assume that this was not from eBay or FB.
I picked this up a while ago £35.00

Attachments

• IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 980

lejackal

Grand Master
This was £60 but take off £5 for postage and £2 for the starcase and a bit of Star Wars special maths that's fifty quid in my book :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 959

subzero

Sith Lord
Nice Lando and good price, I also sometimes use the 'special maths' to take £'s away from what I paid for the figure, makes the purchase 'easier' in my mind :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Whilst very common on the Palitoy 45a cardback (making it pretty much the second most common 45a after BBG) the AT-AT Driver is a fair bit harder to find on the 45b cardback. So much so I can't find any recent sales for one, although Vectis's search engine for previous sales is one step up from completely bloody useless so that may have something to do with it. However, I could also only find one cardback on eBay for sale or sold, so the 45b must be a bit of a bugger to find.

When this yellowed bubble example came up I was happy to have a go at it and a winning bid of £47 secured it, much to my surprise. (OK so postage took it over the £50 but I'm not counting that :D)

image.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
I wouldn't even call that bubble 'yellowed' in my eyes, it only has a tiny hint of yellowing and it actually looks really nice and clear apart from that.

Nice example! 8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
When this yellowed bubble example came up I was happy to have a go at it and a winning bid of £47 secured it, much to my surprise. (OK so postage took it over the £50 but I'm not counting that :D)

image.jpg

Thats the special Star wars maths again. :D
I honestly don't know how you find these bargains on eBay (and I am sure your not going to tell me :? ), I scour eBay every evening and never saw this one, well done, wish I knew your tricks!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

image.jpg

I honestly don't know how you find these bargains on eBay (and I am sure your not going to tell me :? ), I scour eBay every evening and never saw this one, well done, wish I knew your tricks!

I failed maths A-level for good reason :D

No tricks, I swear. This one was listed as "Star Wars Empire Palitoy AT-AT Commander". I find a lot more obscurely misted stuff which I think I'll get for a fair price and end up selling for more than it's worth. It's just a numbers game, I guess. I see stuff others find and wonder how the hell they found it, so I know where you're coming from, but with this one there was no trick. Promise!

subzero said:
I wouldn't even call that bubble 'yellowed' in my eyes, it only has a tiny hint of yellowing and it actually looks really nice and clear apart from that.

Nice example! 8)

I think the lighting was kind on it on the above photo :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Mini99 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

image.jpg

I failed maths A-level for good reason :D

No tricks, I swear. This one was listed as "Star Wars Empire Palitoy AT-AT Commander". I find a lot more obscurely misted stuff which I think I'll get for a fair price and end up selling for more than it's worth. It's just a numbers game, I guess. I see stuff others find and wonder how the hell they found it, so I know where you're coming from, but with this one there was no trick. Promise!

subzero said:

Nice example! 8)

I think the lighting was kind on it on the above photo :)

Thanks for your honest reply, it's funny how many on here failed maths. :lol:
Well however you found it, I certainly missed it, if you ever are thinking of moving it on, I will happily put this in my collection for lets say £48.50! :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom