Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan78

Padawan
Nice 1, I didnt know there were many in Belfast, are you the one that cloggs up gumtree with star wars want to buys lol

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Lol, nah not guilty.

I haven't been buying for a few years now, when I was the stuff I wanted wasn't too likely to turn up on gumtree, sadly.

There are a few other members from Norn Iron but not many of us.

Momouzoure

Youngling
Hello guys, thought I better introduce myself. Did one on the new items page but here goes. My names Mike 36 years old and have been a Star Wars fan pretty much forever. As mentioned earlier all of my collection was taken when my parents house got burgled 12 ish years ago. Trying to start back up now as I've missed the excitement of a growing collection. Anyway a little question if anyone can help? I was particularly fond of the top toys MOC, 3 I had(stormtrooper Vader and luke Jedi) something about the card backs that I really liked, and the fact that they were cheaper
Than most of the MOC that I had. Anyway they appear to have inflated somewhat since I collected, can't find a Luke Jedi for love nor money anymore :-( .There is a stormtrooper on eBay at the minute and need this lol, but just wanted to know what a fair price would be. Any input would be great, card and bubble seem in fair shape, although not as nice as my old one. Here's a picture if you could lend me your ideas.

Again many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0154.PNG
    IMG_0154.PNG
    189.6 KB · Views: 848

NeilBo

Name: Neil
Single/Married: Married
Residence: Surrey
Kids: 4
Pets: Dog
Collecting Focus: Vintage Loose, moving on to mocs
Character Focus: none

Collecting interest: Main vintage 3 3/4 line, VHS & Beta tapes, Stationary

tyco

Youngling
Thought i would finally introduce myself

Name: Phil
Single/married: Married
Residence: Southend
Kids: 3
Pets: not allowed
Collecting focus: Vintage losse figures
Character focus: Bossk
Other interests: Coach kids rugby

gammoguard

Padawan
Thought I'd best introduce myself:

Name: Chris
Residence: Birmingham
Kids: 2
Pets: None at the mo
Collecting focus: Anything Star Wars that grabs my interest
Character focus: Gamorrean guard
Other interests: Collecting toys especially Disney (Star Wars, Muppets, Cars etc)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hi, my name's Jay. I've been collecting Star Wars on and off since my car boot days at uni in Nottingham Trent in 1997.

I had to sell most of it off in 2006 when I moved in with my then girlfriend in her pokey one bedroom flat in Stoke Newington.

Started collecting again in 2014 when I sat opposite a Star Wars nut in my new job. Been trying to piece together a complete set of mint figures ever since.

Earlier in the year lost my job and went freelance. With the spare time I started off selling my doubles and trebles and was going to pack in the collecting, but got the bug again and have continued to upgrade and nearly completed the set.

Recently I've been getting into Poch and PBP figures. Just bought a copy of Javi's book "Star Wars Made in Spain Comprehensive Catalog". Awesome.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Welcome to the forum Duncan Allen, Jonathan Robinson, Anthony, John Galantini, Ryan Lowe, John, Andy, Tan, David, Mike, Neil, Phil, Chris and Jay. Wow 14 new members :shock: that is fantastic :D

VintageForce

Hi!

I'm David I've been collecting star figures for 20 years. I had hundreds when I was a kid but my mother gave them away to a Scout jumble sale... I've forgiven her now! I've been trying to rebuild my collection for a while but lost all my figures moving house a couple of years ago. I lost all hope then they turned up again! I'm now trying to rebuild my loose collection with C8+ figures.

I'm going to start with the first 12 and try and collect in order to build up a full set. I have about 70 figures including a few carded . I've a few dodgy weapons from unscrupulous of sellers on ebay due to my naivety so I'm trying to replace everything.

Hopefully you guys will help me out!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi David welcome to the forum :D

Sorry to read about what your mother did, great that you forgive her. My mom and dad throw out all the boxes and cardbacks from my childhood :roll:

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
Hi all. After a long absence I've been allowed by the wife to continue my Star Wars collection. I was collecting loose vintage figures and a few autographs of the main guys.

Last week I finally dug out the box from the spare room, dusted it off and fell in love again with those small little plastic guys. (Still looking for the autographs)

I bought quite a few figures from this forum in the past and only have a about 10 figures left with a few weapons to track down but fingers crossed with your help I'll get there :)

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
Grant_C said:
You'll find the prices have gone way way way up since the last time you were here. Good luck. :)

So true! Luckily I've got the majority of stuff already. Just need a few weapons and 6 figures. I remember buying a vc jaws from a chap in this forum about 7 years ago. Now I think I'll need to sell a kidney first. Needless to say I'll be posting in the relevant sections about stuff I need

Here's me -

Name: Adrian
Residence: London
Kids: 1
Pets: 2
Collecting focus: vintage loose

21B

So, I joined the forum last night after hearing about fake Leia blasters on ebay, a couple of which I've unfortunately purchased like a prize sucker...

I had an almost complete figure collection as a child, many of which were lost or stolen over the years.

Around 2000-2001 I got interested again and added to the collection with a few more complete figures - this time around I actually cared about having the weapons, accessories etc. - and acquired a few carded figures too.

Skip forward another 15+ years to the present day where recently I've been on a quest to complete my loose figure collection, having moved house and got a bit of display space to play with on my walls. Not bothered about minor variations, but would like one of every figure, complete and in decent condition.

Until yesterday I thought I was just missing R2D2+saber and Blue Snaggletooth (and obviously stuff I'll never get like Vinyl Jawa, Rocket Fett etc.) but apparently a couple of my Leias are also incomplete due to the fake weapons.

Not bothered about ships etc. but I do have a Wampa and a complete Jabba playset. I'm in the market for a Rancor monster and Sy Snootles and the Rebo band too.

My favourite figure of all time is probably the Imperial Gunner.

So, there we go. That's me, that is.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
A warm welcome to you.
Enjoy your time here, your find a friendly bunch on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom