Can everyone report this seller please....

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Yeah, if you return this item because it's not as described eBay will force the seller to pay.

However, if you can satisfy eBay this item is fake then they will instruct you NOT to return it and still refund you all the money. And even if they ask you to return it for a refund just point to Royal Mail's terms and condition of carriage which state that they will not transport fake or counterfeit items.

I never knew THAT either :)

Wouldn't that policy just apply to modern products though like clothing / electronics / media etc, and not vintage?

No distinction. Fake is fake :)

subzero

Sith Lord
This will be very handy the next time I get a fake pushed onto me as genuine.

**** you scam sellers :twisted:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I bought off of him earlier this year when I was looking to complete my Falcon. Thought nothing of it at first until I saw he kept getting more and more, and no one has that many so they had to be fake.

In the end I bought an original off another trusted seller and his one was nothing like it. It was too late for me to leave negative feedback so I had no leverage for a refund. Don't know how he's got no other negative feedback though.

I've reported him too.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I bought off of him earlier this year when I was looking to complete my Falcon. Thought nothing of it at first until I saw he kept getting more and more, and no one has that many so they had to be fake.

In the end I bought an original off another trusted seller and his one was nothing like it. It was too late for me to leave negative feedback so I had no leverage for a refund. Don't know how he's got no other negative feedback though.

I've reported him too.

No I don't understand this either, a lot of these rip off artists have 100% positive feedback.
Wasn't there something a few years back about buying feedback?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
subzero said:
I'll have to remember that for next time, i'll hint at threatening neg fb for not refunding the postage and then resort to contacting ebay about it if nothing is done :D

Don't ever threaten or even mention feedback during a dispute, it can be used to remove the feedback after you have left it. Of course that is handy to know as a seller too, if a buyer ever threatens negative feedback let them leave it and then ask eBay to remove it.

lejackal

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
Why not buy from him, report it to ebay and ask for the money back + the mail money. Then he would each time losing his own money on the mail. Maybe it will be to expensive for him so he will stop :? :lol:

You could easily get the purchase cost back after returning it with full tracking/signature, only downside to it is ebay don't have a system in place to force the seller to reimburse return shipping costs. Iv'e had a couple of sellers in the past completely ignore me when requesting for my return postage cost back, some also don't care about getting negative feedback.

Luckily though not many sellers are like this, but there are some bad ones out there who refuse to refund the shipping.
If you are returning as not described or fake then they have to cover the return costs, simply specify this in your return request and if they won't do it wait until you can escalate to Ebay and they issue a pre paid returns label which I assume the seller has to pay for

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
If you open a case and site the reason as item does not seem authentic, did not match the description or arrived broken then the seller is obliged to pay for the return postage. However if the seller does not respond to the open case and it gets to the point where eBay refund you as part of their money Back Guarantee scheme then they only pay you the original price paid and postage, and not any money it cost you to return the item to the seller.

lejackal

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
If you open a case and site the reason as item does not seem authentic, did not match the description or arrived broken then the seller is obliged to pay for the return postage. However if the seller does not respond to the open case and it gets to the point where eBay refund you as part of their money Back Guarantee scheme then they only pay you the original price paid and postage, and not any money it cost you to return the item to the seller.
at which point you squeeze it in the postbox with his address on and no stamps

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Whenever I have opened a case with eBay and had to return an item, eBay issued a return label.
I thought this was the norm?

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Whenever I have opened a case with eBay and had to return an item, eBay issued a return label.
I thought this was the norm?

It depends what settings the seller has set up in their account, some have 'simplified/automated returns' set up where it automatically approves the return once you've opened it, and/or gives you the label automatically. A lot of sellers choose to manually approve returns and prefer to decide themselves to issue a return label, or have the buyer make their own arrangement to pay for the postage.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well, the item is "no longer available" but to be honest that doesn't sound like it's an eBay removal. If ebay remove a listing it disappears entirely and just brings up and item number and an error message. It's usually when the seller ends an item it shows up like this. More likely someone's negotiated to save a couple of quid and bought it direct.

Thanks to all who reported it. It's only when ebay have work created for them and it costs them money do they take notice if we generate 20 or 30 complaints on a listing that they take notice. Costs them more to review them all than end the item.

Will keep an eye out for more from this prick and post up again if he relists. Let's make life difficult for the him whilst protecting the hobby. Sad thing is that this guy was clearly, at one time a fan to know what sells for good money and what to fool collectors with.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Am glad the item was removed mate :) Just don't need a dick like that corrupting beloved vintage Falcons :!:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Proper sick indeed, mate.

Sadly he's back with another. If anyone has the willpower please send another report:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322628132901

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom