London film and comic con this weekend (28-30th july)

Gaz46&2

Padawan
I went yesterday with the wife and kids. I've been most years since 2005 when it used to be at Earls Court 2, only a few hundred people turned up and you were done by lunch time and now things are very different. I stopped getting SW autographs a few years ago, too many negative experiences with miserable old ungrateful gits. We got a virtual ticket for Biff Tannen at 9:30 numbered 269 and waited until 16:30 to meet him, yet we got a virtual ticket for David Morrisey numbered 532 and got it signed at 12:30pm. It's typical of the event, it's badly organised and staffed by volunteers who don't know what they're doing. I tend to find that I spend the day sitting around waiting to get stuff signed or a photoshoot to take place, there isn't a lot on sale anymore unless you collect funko POP and nothing I can't buy online at a better price. I've said I won't be going to LFCC again, I mean it this time.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Gaz46&2 said:
I went yesterday with the wife and kids. I've been most years since 2005 when it used to be at Earls Court 2, only a few hundred people turned up and you were done by lunch time and now things are very different. I stopped getting SW autographs a few years ago, too many negative experiences with miserable old ungrateful gits. We got a virtual ticket for Biff Tannen at 9:30 numbered 269 and waited until 16:30 to meet him, yet we got a virtual ticket for David Morrisey numbered 532 and got it signed at 12:30pm. It's typical of the event, it's badly organised and staffed by volunteers who don't know what they're doing. I tend to find that I spend the day sitting around waiting to get stuff signed or a photoshoot to take place, there isn't a lot on sale anymore unless you collect funko POP and nothing I can't buy online at a better price. I've said I won't be going to LFCC again, I mean it this time.

Interesting to hear a totally different experience. The ladies manning the queue and table at all the signings I got were excellent; I talked to all of them and all were happy to while away the time talking. I don't think that they were volunteers either; one of them explained the pay they were getting (yes, very small amount), but that they took essentially the minimum wage as it was extra money as well as getting to meet lots of people.

There was of course some bad organisation bits, but I couldn't fault the queuing (compared to other events)... the lack of proper height table and chair for Mayhew was a bit embarrassing though as he was ferried up and down in the service lift for around an hour while they put his table on a pile of books was the only bad bit I personally saw.

I'd go again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom