THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 38 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Just finished listening to the Carbonite Blockbusters. Got some very strange looks as I was laughing out loud next to the pool on holiday - genius stuff guys :lol: Can't believe how arsey Stu was getting :lol: Bad loser ;)

Haha, I'll send you an unedited version of that recording and you'll see how bad the cheating was but apparently Rich has some photos of Jez or something that he's threatened to put on social media unless he toes the line.

Jez

Sith Lord
Woah woah woah. Back the Sand Crawler up. Stu you was wingeing like a right beatch. Even Rich had a bleet at one point. You were all having a moan. No one wants to listen to the raw recording. It took you bunch of amateurs about 5 minutes to answer the first question.
So i take it that a return to Blockbusters in the future might be a popular decision.

Yeah Stef, i did consider the Gafi Stick when i was writing the questions but to be fair, i gave them Rancor Keeper as things were really dragging and they needed a boost. Didn't stop them moaning though.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Still have a few hours left (thats a good feeling in it's self) but so far a cracking show.

Carbonite Blockbusters, never thought that this would work with no visuals, but absolutely brilliant, must have got so many funny looks while driving home and laughing like an idiot. :!: Haven't lauged so much since the great "muff" debate. :lol:
Brought back so many memories hearing the into music and the gold run was just as frantic as I remember it, thanks.
Just love the cheating, it did come across that you were a bad loser Stu, but "it was all down to the editing " I am sure... :lol:
Keep the quizzes coming.

Todd Fisher, well that has put a question mark over the whole auction, will be interesting to see what happens there.

The interview with Lee Harris was very intresting, great to hear the differences/similarities with Uk collecting, don't know if the Rolf Harris Intro was apt, but did make me laugh!

Agree with everything Richard said about varients, it feels to me like people are creating a market that doesn't really exist, but everyone to their own.

I thought Ross came across as a genuine guy in Richard's intterview, if they were UK based I think I would use them, don't really relish sending my stuff to the US, but their loose figure cases are top class, so far ahead of the competition.

Always look forward to new acqasitions and the topics that spin off from them.

All this and still got a few hours left for the journey down to FF next weekend, looking forward to it, hope to see you all there.

Thanks. :D

PS: Seahawks, what a great post, really enjoyed reading about the purchase of your Imperial Shuttle, one of the best I have read this year. Thanks for sharing.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez said:
Yeah Stef, i did consider the Gafi Stick when i was writing the questions but to be fair, i gave them Rancor Keeper as things were really dragging and they needed a boost. Didn't stop them moaning though.

Hold the phones, ladies! How, exactly, is the Rancor stick like the Gaffi stick? Different colour and different end! That's like saying the letter "W" isn't unique in the alphabet because is the same as the letter "V". It's unique, get over it. The Squid head gun is unique too.....ooh, good point. Come on Stu, think we deserve another point.

Can't actually believe a variant collector has brought that argument up. Stef, shame on you ;) :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
coomber75 said:
I need this in my life .. where can I get the link to tye podcast???

Can listen here on iTunes pal

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

or on podbean

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com

Broke

Youngling
My blue snaggletooth made the podcast. And I think a discussion of my collection growing rapidly. Great podcast.

Jez

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Jez said:

Hold the phones, ladies! How, exactly, is the Rancor stick like the Gaffi stick? Different colour and different end! That's like saying the letter "W" isn't unique in the alphabet because is the same as the letter "V". It's unique, get over it. The Squid head gun is unique too.....ooh, good point. Come on Stu, think we deserve another point.

Can't actually believe a variant collector has brought that argument up. Stef, shame on you ;) :lol:

Squid Head begins with S not R.
Microphone not muted now Simon :wink:

Jez

Sith Lord
Broke said:
My blue snaggletooth made the podcast. And I think a discussion of my collection growing rapidly. Great podcast.

Hi Todd, welcome to SWFUK. Glad you've come over to check it out.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Jez said:

Squid Head begins with S not R.
Microphone not muted now Simon :wink:

Ah. An essential element of Blockbusters I forgot :oops: :D

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Another bumper episode, really enjoyed it. Great to have Stuart back & Simon was brilliant too. Gutted Marc and I never got to play Blockbusters when we were on, very funny.

The CAS preserve grade is a really good idea, hope it discourages the terrible U grading which still seems to be happening. Still can't believe AFA still do it. For that reason I wouldn't have anything they've graded in the house. Shocking.

Another shocking thing was the Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds auction story. Hard to believe her brother would stoop so low. I really hope it's not true, but it sounds very dodgy to me. No wonder she had problems.

Photo Bucket can Phuck off. I'd rather pay a subscription to the forums than PB. Surely they make money off the advertising? It was fiddly at the best of times. I can't see the subscription service working as the price is ridiculous. $399? We could almost buy our own photo storage website for that!

Enjoyed the interview with Lee Harris, although I did have to close the window when the Rolf Harris song came on. Very funny.

With so many negative stories about, it was nice to hear of the 3 packs out in wild and the story about Steve's Barbers. Just goes to show there is still stuff out there waiting to be discovered.

I know Richard is a big fan of Heavy Metal, for that reason I've a feeling the end sting is always going to be loud!!! I always reach for the volume when Stu starts wrapping up the show as I know I'm about to be deafened. Love it.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Many thanks once again for all the work that goes into the show. It's a real highlight.

You don't hear Rolf Harris too often these days, mind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom