How did you store your figures first time round?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mine lived in a Quality Street tin and a Darth Vader Carry Case. They lived in the loft for years. When I rediscovered them they were in great shape. The tin is a bit rusty on the outside but inside they looked as good as when i packed them away.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_5271.jpg
    IMG_5271.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 779

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Two ice cream tubs for me, one for goodies and one for bad guys. Was never sure which one to put Jawas in. :lol:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Ice Cream tub(s) too for me until I got the best space ship they ever made... The Rebel Troop Transport (of course), to keep them all safe :D

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
I am similar to others above, used my Darth Vader Carry case and Rebel Transport to store my figures and weapons.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Great topic! As a kid, I stored all of my figures in a cardboard box. I also threw all of the weapons into the same box, so a lot of them slipped through and got lost (surprise surprise). When it was time to head to a buddy's house to play Star Wars, it was easy to just grab it and go. :)

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I can remember my childhood collection being kept in this plastic bag from the butchers that had pictures of pieces of meat on it :lol: and that bag went in a cardboard box with my falcon, atst, x-wing, tie fighter, jabba and mini rigs which was kept in the loft.

In 2008 I moved into a bigger bedroom an my dad created this split shelving for my cds and loose figures, I have pics of this somewhere, will have to post sometime.

third collection is living in a shoebox in my wardrobe at the moment

Sabreman

Padawan
Back in the day I kept all my figures in a draw in my bedside cabinet with all the weapons. I didn't keep any card backs or boxes for my ships, I do remember trying to convert my X-wing to something similar to the X Bomber ship in Star Fleet

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Current location of my loose run that Ive been putting together since January.

I Will document this collection properly on here in December to see how far I've got in a year

Really enjoying it at the moment

Attachments

• IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 737

gammoguard

Padawan
I kept mine, and still have to this day, in 3 rebel troop transporters (one for each film :D ) - their weapons are under the compartment cover at the rear end of each

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
For my childhood toys, it was the AT-AT, and the rebel transport that I used to store them. Certain ships had 'pilots' put in them... Never had any actual pilots until I received a B-wing pilot around 1984/5, so I used whichever figure I wanted to fly whichever ship.
Early 90's I began buying figures I'd never had as a child, to add to the collection, and they stayed in a shoe box until recently. Still haven't completed the entire run, to this day :D

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I longed for a Vader case and when I finally got one I realized it was as useful as a cock on wheels. This was 30 years before i realised putting foam in the slots would make it work.

The Rebel Transport was fit for purpose so got used during the latter days. I think that prior to that they were in a carrier bag.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
chipsteak said:
I kept my weapons in the void under the floor and in my mum's used hoover bags.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's why they are so expensive nowadays!

Gaz46&2

Padawan
They did live in the falcon, and then on the shelf and the last time I saw them a plastic washing power bucket. The adult collection live in RUBs.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Instead of mainstream press articles asking 'have you got a Star Wars fortune in your loft', they should send their readers crawling under floor voids looking for tiny endor blasters in amongst the soot.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
bosk70 said:
I used to have the old family side board the old g plan type in my bedroom and used to keep all the figs lined up with the weapons in the four middle draws ocd even back then :D still got the little box and top trump card boxes I used to keep the other bits in will dig out and post a pic soon :) the ships used to go on top of the sideboard wish I had taken a pick back then

Just thought I would show the little box of goodies :) that sat in the loft for many years with my figs etc
badge brings back memories can't remember how old I was when I got that, think I should wear it down the pub as a tribute to Carrie :(

yes I was also one who cut out the bounty hunter heads thinking I could send them off for more goodie, was that ever an offer, sure it was on a palitoy slave 1 box :?:

Attachments

• DSCF0646.JPG
    DSCF0646.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 1,207

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
What a great photo of Hoth.
You certainly cut out a lot of "bounty hunter heads", wonder why you never sent them off?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom