Fake Leia Pistol

subzero

Sith Lord
Looks like he's back, and selling the blaster again, must have been a 2 week suspension or something..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-star-wars-weapons-/282587783889?var=&hash=item41cb8b62d1:m:mH0In8prnC8WLnsFZR1CgwA

subzero

Sith Lord
I think it's because he's refunding straight away no questions asked, there is a couple of positive feedback comments where the buyers have mentioned easy refunds.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
Looks like he's back, and selling the blaster again, must have been a 2 week suspension or something..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-star-wars-weapons-/282587783889?var=&hash=item41cb8b62d1:m:mH0In8prnC8WLnsFZR1CgwA

If these blasters are fake, looks like another case for the "SWFUK action group" of report this on mass? :wink:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
If you're in it for the long run and want to go on selling under the radar you have to offer quick no quibble refunds and be as nice as pie. If you refuse refunds and are rude and aggressive you'll get negative feedback quickly and will soon get noticed. End of your little scam period.

There was a seller earlier in the year bobafettsbounty_5 who was clearly in it for the quick buck. He falsely sold Kenner and Euro items as Poch, PBP, Lily Ledy and Meccano figures, as well as sending Last 17 and rare figures with incorrect items. He never honoured refunds, failed to respond to emails and was by all accounts a fairly unsavoury character. He quickly amassed large amounts of negative feedback before eBay suspended his account. End of his little scam.

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
If you're in it for the long run and want to go on selling under the radar you have to offer quick no quibble refunds and be as nice as pie. If you refuse refunds and are rude and aggressive you'll get negative feedback quickly and will soon get noticed. End of your little scam period.

There was a seller earlier in the year bobafettsbounty_5 who was clearly in it for the quick buck. He falsely sold Kenner and Euro items as Poch, PBP, Lily Ledy and Meccano figures, as well as sending Last 17 and rare figures with incorrect items. He never honoured refunds, failed to respond to emails and was by all accounts a fairly unsavoury character. He quickly amassed large amounts of negative feedback before eBay suspended his account. End of his little scam.

Wow, there's a clever scammer and then there's a ****, that seller is the latter lol.

Yes Mini99 that's a good idea, especially being that he's already been suspended for selling counterfeit **** then that will be on his record.

I'm going to report that repro Leia blaster now...

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Russ J said:
I've been meaning to take a few photos of my Leia pistols when I first read this thread a few weeks back...Finally got into my loft (sadly thats where all my Vintage toys are :oops: )...

Anyway all of my vintage toys are original including all the weaponary etc...(I no this cause they are all my childhood toys 8) )...

Here's a few photos of my Leia pistols ....

As you can see none of them have the square 'block mould' on the back of them

Russ...

These all look fine to me.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I reckon this is going to be the first of many...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Figure-Princess-Leia-organa-Original-Cape-Weapon-/253067689548?hash=item3aec027e4c:g:Q1AAAOSwOvZZe3Tb

Check out image 5. I believe that's our fake Leia Pistol right there if I'm not mistaken. :evil:

subzero

Sith Lord
Ah this will definitely be spreading and doing the rounds in all different ebay listings now, too many have been sold and are in circulation.

Very sad!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
I think it's because he's refunding straight away no questions asked, there is a couple of positive feedback comments where the buyers have mentioned easy refunds.

But should members not give him a neutral if there is problems and he have to refund ? :?

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

But should members not give him a neutral if there is problems and he have to refund ? :?

I think most people don't in that situation, iv'e done it myself many times in the past, I always leave positive if iv'e been refunded without any problems because i'm too nice to even leave neutral :? lol. But if I think the communication has been a bit crap or they're slow to post then i'll still leave positive but will mark the 'star ratings' down, however if a seller says something bad to me or tries to give me the run around, or just plain ignores all my messages etc then I always leave negative. It's very rare though that I resort to doing that.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

I think most people don't in that situation, iv'e done it myself many times in the past, I always leave positive if iv'e been refunded without any problems because i'm too nice to even leave neutral :? lol. But if I think the communication has been a bit crap or they're slow to post then i'll still leave positive but will mark the 'star ratings' down, however if a seller says something bad to me or tries to give me the run around, or just plain ignores all my message etc then I always leave negative. It's very rare though that I resort to doing that.

Then maybe I am just the bad buyer :? If there was a problem that seller fixed then I always leave neutral and negative if he will not fix the problem. I do that so other buyers always can see that there was a problem. I know people can write if there was a problem. But I guess most buyers do not read the positive feedback only the neutral or bad feedback :?

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:

I think most people don't in that situation, iv'e done it myself many times in the past, I always leave positive if iv'e been refunded without any problems because i'm too nice to even leave neutral :? lol. But if I think the communication has been a bit crap or they're slow to post then i'll still leave positive but will mark the 'star ratings' down, however if a seller says something bad to me or tries to give me the run around, or just plain ignores all my message etc then I always leave negative. It's very rare though that I resort to doing that.

Then maybe I am just the bad buyer :? If there was a problem that seller fixed then I always leave neutral and negative if he will not fix the problem. I do that so other buyers always can see that there was a problem. I know people can write if there was a problem. But I guess most buyers do not read the positive feedback only the neutral or bad feedback :?

Nah that doesn't mean you're a bad buyer, everyone is entitled to their opinion and how to express it. Letting other buyers know of any problems is fine, I suppose that is where most sellers learn from their mistakes and do better next time :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

Nah that doesn't mean you're a bad buyer, everyone is entitled to their opinion and how to express it. Letting other buyers know of any problems is fine, I suppose that is where most sellers learn from their mistakes and do better next time :)

I hope they learn :D

subzero

Sith Lord
Is it just me or does this possibly look like this same repro Leia blaster with yet another seller?...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-x-Vintage-Stars-Wars-Weapons-Repro-They-float-and-are-transparent-/302414326976?hash=item46694c6cc0:g:MfQAAOSw8GxZkDyx

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
It is very worrying as he states they are available in bulk buys.

They don't look quite right to me in the photos, so I would say reproduction but it is getting very scary how close they are getting to the real thing. :evil:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
8 weapons including 4 Leia blasters for £29.99? If it seems too good to be true... :roll:

I agree it is scary just how good these repros are getting. It's obviously being driven by the sky-high cost of originals, but where there's easy money to be made by counterfeiting, crooks will happily oblige. What surprises me more is that there hasn't been a scandal yet about fully repro carded figures being made that look genuine. Toy Toni used all original parts, which is how he managed to fool so many people, but much like really good counterfeit bank notes, if a newly printed / minted cardback, blister and even figure if necessary, were to be made that were virtually indistinguishable from the genuine article, crooks would make tens of thousands, rather than a few hundred off some Leia blasters :evil:

It's annoying as hell to think that this might happen, but when a Palitoy carded vinyl caped Jawa can sell for over £20,000, you can't say there isn't a criminal motive there to manufacture more :evil:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
He's selling them as Repro, so not quite as devious as the last seller, but still flooding the market with high quality hard to spot reproductions. What's also concerning is the Imperial Blaster and Jawa Blasters are pretty good too.

8 x Vintage Star Wars Weapons, i purchased a bulk of weapons as original, but a couple will not pass to be graded as not recognised by UKG, i unfortunately will have to list these as REPRO'S even though i think different and other people think these could of been kenner weapons that didnt go on production line, which would make them even rarer, if they are repros then there the best EVER made.
These are so good, they float, transparent under light and pass all other tests, get yourself a bargain, they wont make your display figure look out of place

Any queries, dont hesitate to ask, you dont have to have 2 of each, you can mix 8 certain weapons if you prefer, and if you are interested in bigger bulk buys, send me a message, and can do them cheaper

subzero

Sith Lord
I like though how the seller is saying a couple of the weapons did not get graded because they weren't recognised by UKG, and that he believes they are genuine and then saying "other people think" they could be genuine Kenner weapons that didn't make it to the production line ( which is a bullshit lie ). Making possible buyers think it's worth the chance of buying them just in case, a very snidey way there to shift some of these repros. This guy KNOWS these are repro and he's blatantly lying about it!

The Leia blasters to me look very good indeed, I have a feeling it could be from this new repro batch that was 'discovered' recently.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom