Palitoy General Madine Advice please

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Just after some advice really

If I'm right this is a Palitoy 65 c with a twin stem, it also has a slick seal.

As you can see the base of the twin stems are cracked which is starting to lift the area between the stems.

Would it be advise able to tape the stems to avoid damage getting any worse?

As its the General I know it's not sought after, but don't want damage to get any worse and I quite like him as the General gets none of the limelight

so would welcome advice

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 243

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
If you display it in a Star Case or acrylic case, perhaps you could add a small clear piece of perspex between the stems to support the base of the bubble? That way, you wouldn't be permanently adding anything to the card or risking adding something like tape which will inevitably decay over time and can be a real problem to fully remove the residue from, especially over an uneven surface like the stems on your card. Being clear, the perspex shouldn't show too much and therefore won't detract from the rest of the card when on display. That's certainly what I would attempt first before contemplating anything more drastic.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide :)

subzero

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
If you display it in a Star Case or acrylic case, perhaps you could add a small clear piece of perspex between the stems to support the base of the bubble? That way, you wouldn't be permanently adding anything to the card or risking adding something like tape which will inevitably decay over time and can be a real problem to fully remove the residue from, especially over an uneven surface like the stems on your card. Being clear, the perspex shouldn't show too much and therefore won't detract from the rest of the card when on display. That's certainly what I would attempt first before contemplating anything more drastic.

Perspex is a great idea, I cut up a thin strip of selotape to seal over a stem split on my Ackbar bubble to stop the staff from possibly falling through it. Hopefully though over time it won't damage it but I do see like you say it can degrade and become a bit messy.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Snaketibe said:

Sounds like a plan I will try that and see if it works, thanks for the idea :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
The idea of using something to support the bubble in a case rather than sticking anything to the card/bubble as Snaketibe Suggested sounds the better option to me.
Good luck, would be interested in seeing the result.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom