What do you do when you hit a Brick Wall?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
First 12 on Palitoy 30 back eh :?: :!: Reminds me of a certain "80s Collector" I know :lol:
Don't tell me all on A cards and AFA 90 unpunched :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
My tormentor has returned on Rebelscum claiming to be a Palitoy Rep saying he has a 30 Back Luke Bespin, Leia Bespin, IG88, FX7, Bespin Guard and Bossk on both A and B cards all in mint condition and a 12 Back Palitoy VCJ also in mint condition, no pictures yet! I know everyone will call me naïve but what would you do if someone sent you a PM offering you that stuff for sale?

subzero

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
My tormentor has returned on Rebelscum claiming to be a Palitoy Rep saying he has a 30 Back Luke Bespin, Leia Bespin, IG88, FX7, Bespin Guard and Bossk on both A and B cards all in mint condition and a 12 Back Palitoy VCJ also in mint condition, no pictures yet! I know everyone will call me naïve but what would you do if someone sent you a PM offering you that stuff for sale?

I'd ignore him, block him from messaging you ( if that's possible on Rebelscum ) and move on and forget about it, remind yourself if it's too good to be true then it most likely is, the guy can't even supply you with pictures, massive red flag!.. save yourself the anxiety and block him completely.

And with this much money involved in a transaction done over the internet never deal with somebody you don't know or trust, with this much money try and meet in person so you can view the items in the flesh before handing anything over. You most likely know all this stuff that i'm telling you anyway but these are just my views on the situation.

lejackal

Grand Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
You can pretty much get to and from any part of the UK or Europe for under £200 so I would arrange a viewing in person (after several messages with photos) and then complete the transaction that way. Unless any of the items offered are never before seen items then there is no reason for him not to share photos and even if they are he could add a digital watermark to them to prevent them being used for reproductions/scams etc

maxf

Jedi Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Honestly, treat it as bullshit until you see cast iron proof. There are a lot of strange people in this hobby.

yoda

Sith Lord
If he's serious that he has them and is offering to sell them to you, at the very least he'll know he will have to show pictures.
Ask him where he's based once you get that get him to take a picture of one of the mocs you choose. Put it alongside his local newspaper with his user name on it. As everyone has said that could be anyone just bullshiting you that's read your most wanted list. Until you see proof I really wouldn't waste my time going over it.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
He must b part of the "Dickheads that refuse to show pictures" club :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, because in this day and age putting an image up online or attaching it to an e-mail is such a problem.

Ignore him, Anthony. If there are no photos it didn't happen!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:

I would ask for pictures, many pictures :wink:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
This is one of the two emails I recieved from this guy yesterday on Rebelscum:

Hi Anthony,

I don't know how you feel about this but my friend has mentioned to me a couple of other palitoy collectors who will be interested in some of my figures, I don't know your financial situation but it may be unlikely that you can afford all ive got, that's why my friend contacted a couple of collectors.

My Prices have been sought from my friend who to be honest has never seen any figures so mint and perfect.

30 back boba fett- £35k
45a boba fett - £10k
12 Vinyl cape jawa - £15k
30 backs - Bespin Security Guard a and b - £10k
IG-88 a and b £10k
Luke Bespin a and b - £18k
Leia Bespin a and b - £10k
Yoda - £5k
Ugnaught - £3k
Bossk a and b - £15k

There are others but at least that's a start on prices.

Cheers Jim

I have asked for pictures and recieved nothing, I am sure it is all Bullshit but I still find myself responding like a mug all the same!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I presume he means a Luke Bespin B card but it is still way over priced in my opinion.

10K for a Leia B card no chance, Darren Simpson had a Leia B card for sale I wonder what he sold his for?

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
What does "Jim" say when you ask for proof that these items exist?

How exactly does he propose any transaction takes place? You just send him however many tens of thousands of pounds?

Alarm bells all over this mate until proof of ownership at least. The dude is having you on big time.

And, if you're reading this "Jim", prove me wrong.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well, I don't know Jim myself, but please could you tell him I have a very rare triple-telescoping red-octagon dark brown vinyl blue pin-head R3 Skywalker Organa on a Palitoy 31C back. It's his for just £50,000 in bit coins.

Thanks.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Do you, how is the best way to get the money to you?
:lol: :roll: :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
:shock: that's over 100k this guys not ****ing around. Hopefully he soon sends you the pictures I too would really love to see them like everyone else :D
In all honesty Anthony if he is serious I see no reason why he won't let you view them in some kind of way.
Just be careful you don't take a large amount of money somewhere to meet this guy if your unsure who you really are in contact with.
Remember how the Dude's and Walter's deal went :roll:
I think I know by this stage what my reply to him would be, but you have to judge for yourself if you believe him or not.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
This is the same guy who claimed to have both the first 12 figures on both 30 Back and 45A in mint condition but when I asked him for pictures he never produced any so the likelihood is that it is all bullshit. The replies have been pretty quick until I asked for pictures, so I will have to wait to see what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom