Valuation Requests and PM Deals

lejackal

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I would be happy to volunteer for posting up supplied photos and valuation requests. I happen to think it's one of the few things some FB groups have got right and in does exactly what it's intended to do. I could set up a generic e-mail address which could be posted as a sticky and filter the spam.
I could also help out with this, no reason the mailbox can't be manned by more than one brave idiot

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I would be happy to volunteer for posting up supplied photos and valuation requests. I happen to think it's one of the few things some FB groups have got right and in does exactly what it's intended to do. I could set up a generic e-mail address which could be posted as a sticky and filter the spam.
I could also help out with this, no reason the mailbox can't be manned by more than one brave idiot

I hope this idea get's the go ahead as it should,hopefully,help clear up the valuation/P.M. situation,cheers Dave.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I'll admit I'm the one who's ended up with the Power Droid. I put a message of interest on the original post and things went from there. Whilst it's probably no comfort to anyone who was interested that MOC definitely won't be getting flipped once I receive it.

I'll also admit double-standards here - I've seen many items which have interested me on the Valuations page only for them never to appear on the Sales page, (usually due to a 'PM sent' message) which is why I put the 'would be interested...' message on there.

Whilst I agree that something needs to be done I don't think there are any easy or foolproof solutions. Whilst the regulars are likely to abide by any rules put in place it's still possible for a new poster to accept offers via PM or PM anyone who's expressed any kind of interest on the post. I don't think an auction is the solution, as these cause problems on some FB groups due to arguments over finish time, when they posted their bid, etc... Anonymous valuation posts is a possibility, but will need some administration. I think realistically all you can do is encourage people asking for valuations not to invite or accept PM offers and to have the courtesy to post their items on the sales page.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
chewbaccadave said:
lejackal said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

I hope this idea get's the go ahead as it should,hopefully,help clear up the valuation/P.M. situation,cheers Dave.

Fair play for volunteering. One other point I would make (and this is absolutely NOT meant as a slight on either of you, so please don't take it as that) is that we need to be sure all those who have access to the email address are trustworthy. As I said, i'm NOT implying either of you are anything other than stand up guys, I'm just pointing out we don't want a situation developing down the line were a newbie has tried to post with something valuable only for a disreputable sod to delete the email and deal directly with them, scoring themselves a great deal in the process. I'd like to think no one on here would do that, but stranger things have happened. Not sure how we would prevent that from happening though.

lejackal

Grand Master
weasel said:
chewbaccadave said:
lejackal said:

Fair play for volunteering. One other point I would make (and this is absolutely NOT meant as a slight on either of you, so please don't take it as that) is that we need to be sure all those who have access to the email address are trustworthy. As I said, i'm NOT implying either of you are anything other than stand up guys, I'm just pointing out we don't want a situation developing down the line were a newbie has tried to post with something valuable only for a disreputable sod to delete the email and deal directly with them, scoring themselves a great deal in the process. I'd like to think no one on here would do that, but stranger things have happened. Not sure how we would prevent that from happening though.
What are you trying to say :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
Seriously though, it's a valid point - there is a simple solution though, set up two mailboxes, one of which only Edd has the log ins for which is set to auto forward to a second mailbox only accessible by the valuation team. That should provide the desired security.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
weasel said:
chewbaccadave said:

What are you trying to say :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

****. Carl, he's onto us.

Weasel, absolutely fair comment and I couldn't agree more. In fact I believe that this actually happened on one of the more drama prone FB groups. If my collection ended up beating Steve Sansweet's then you know you were right :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
Seriously though, it's a valid point - there is a simple solution though, set up two mailboxes, one of which only Edd has the log ins for which is set to auto forward to a second mailbox only accessible by the valuation team. That should provide the desired security.

That may well work as a solution.

Ps, sorry if I rumbled your scheme, PM me details of my cut and i'll delete these messages. I'm sure no one has seen them :wink: :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
weasel said:
lejackal said:

That may well work as a solution.

Ps, sorry if I rumbled your scheme, PM me details of my cut and i'll delete these messages. I'm sure no one has seen them :wink: :lol:

:lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom