What do you do when you hit a Brick Wall?

Palitoyman

Padawan
My word, he has put some serious prices on those figures, I think he's missed a '1' in front of his valuations for Yoda and Ugnaught, really tough figures to get hold of, I certainly agree with other members comments, until you see pictures, class the guy as a total crank spouting bullshit.

It would be great to see some photos, if you ever did get to do a deal for that sort of money I would travel by armed guard, the thing in this hobby is that things like this do come out of nowhere, however in this case it does sound too good to be true.

subzero

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Well, I don't know Jim myself, but please could you tell him I have a very rare triple-telescoping red-octagon dark brown vinyl blue pin-head R3 Skywalker Organa on a Palitoy 31C back. It's his for just £50,000 in bit coins.

And picture proof sent *after* payment to show you're serious first lmao :lol:

A very good point also about going to meet someone you don't know with THAT much cash on ya, i'd never do it myself!, someone would want to plan to mug you for £500 let alone £100k, too dangerous doing a deal like that.

What's this "Dude's and Walter's deal" all about?.. what happened?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Let's just say for one moment this clown is telling the truth, if it were me dropping 100K, I'd b flying out to pick up :!:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I just received this message from Jim on Rebelscum because I dared to ask for Photo's:

Hi Anthony

I have decided not to sell my figures to you, you haven't progressed our talks to the level I was hoping, I wont be contacting you about my figures again.

All the best

Jim

To which I responded:

Thank god, you don't have any figures hence the reason you can't send any pictures, you are just a Clown! Hopefully the Circus will return soon and you can rejoin them!

yoda

Sith Lord
subzero said:

:D I was referring to Jeff "the dude" Lebowski and Walter Sobchak. The deal they got involved in alot of money was to change hands. It turned out the deal was a complete hoax! And once Walter's special Ops training kicked in he made sure it ended up a total clusterfuck.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
To which I responded:

Thank god, you don't have any figures hence the reason you can't send any pictures, you are just a Clown! Hopefully the Circus will return soon and you can rejoin them!

It would have been another 'C' word if it was me :)

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
"I have decided not to sell my figures to you, you haven't progressed our talks to the level I was hoping, I wont be contacting you about my figures again."

To what level of talks was he expecting????

More complicated than the Neymar transfer is this!!!!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Good news all round as far as I see it.
Right lets have a drink!
(Any excuse!)

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
subzero said:

:D I was referring to Jeff "the dude" Lebowski and Walter Sobchak. The deal they got involved in alot of money was to change hands. It turned out the deal was a complete hoax! And once Walter's special Ops training kicked in he made sure it ended up a total clusterfuck.

Haha amazing, I bet they got a right shock, I need to see video of this or my life won't be complete..... anyone??

subzero

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
To which I responded:

Well done, yes I also myself would have threw in a good few old evil swear words, but good stuff in telling this little wanker where to go.

8)

maxf

Jedi Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I just received this message from Jim on Rebelscum because I dared to ask for Photo's:

Hi Anthony

I have decided not to sell my figures to you, you haven't progressed our talks to the level I was hoping, I wont be contacting you about my figures again.

All the best

Jim

To which I responded:

PM one of the mods and get the IP address - he probably has a legitimate account on there too. He may even be on here!

subzero

Sith Lord
What could you do with an IP address though?, the IP address changes when you turn off your router and switch it back on too.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palitoyman said:
My word, he has put some serious prices on those figures, I think he's missed a '1' in front of his valuations for Yoda and Ugnaught, really tough figures to get hold of, I certainly agree with other members comments, until you see pictures, class the guy as a total crank spouting bullshit.

It would be great to see some photos, if you ever did get to do a deal for that sort of money I would travel by armed guard, the thing in this hobby is that things like this do come out of nowhere, however in this case it does sound too good to be true.

Would you value a 30 Back Ugnaught at £13k and a Yoda at £15k?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
Absolutely not!

The last few 30 back Yodas I saw sell went for £3-3.8k from memory. Don't know if any have been sold more recent.

Richard (Palitoyman) clearly values them higher. I guess the amounts he mentions are what he would buy or sell for!

Palitoyman

Padawan
Its just the fact that you don't see these figures much at all, as mentioned, the last ugnaught sold for £1440 back in 2015, but from memory it wasn't in the best condition, I was half joking with the valuation on the Ugnaught, but nothing would surprise me in this game, I've never seen one come up, the one I got was from a collection, realistically, if you wanted an 80 grade or above you must be looking at £5k due to the rarity of the piece.

As for the Yoda, I have actually seen more of these for sale than an Ugnaught, being an iconic figure does help with price and a good example would certainly demand £8k upwards.

One of the easier Palitoy 30 backs was Lobot, but I cant remember the last time a good condition example came up for sale, I'm sure someone will remind me, I think the only way you can acquire these rare figures is by buying a full collection, the other possibility would be a situation that occurred a couple of years ago at Vectis, with Mr Carpenter, but this in my opinion was a one-off, he will certainly have been able to afford a top drawer bathroom, which was his Son's reason for selling.

I think for us collectors wanting to complete our 30 back runs its a matter of being very very patient....and I mean years of patience!!!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I have got a 80 grade 30 Back Yoda that you can have for £15K if you like!

Based on these values I wouldn't like to think what my 85 grade 30 Back IG88 is worth!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom