Latest Acquisitions

coomber75

Sith Lord
just wow do many great ff items, love the swag in particular looks great!
thats a serous yoda ian... :shock:
luke x wing a firm fave
love that games console art
to finally get a yak is a great feeling I remember it well!!

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Just had my ESB Survival Kit Mailer back from UKG, very happy with it. I think it displays much better in Acrylic.

Attachments

• IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 743

stormcab

Sith Lord
My first purchase in a while, and my first well overdue CCP. An absolute minter. Visually gotta be an 85, but little crease on the back where top of the bubble is, a few tiny other barely noticeable bits might mean it would slightly miss 85 if graded. Just right time, right price, clear bubble, mint ESB card, and I finally have one. Awesome figure and colours all round. The blaster fell out of the tape during delivery, and it took some VERY careful shaking and pressing into the bubble to get it back behind the tape. Phew :D

Attachments

• IMG_7606.JPG
    IMG_7606.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_7607.JPG
    IMG_7607.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 738

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
stormcab said:
My first purchase in a while, and my first well overdue CCP. An absolute minter. Visually gotta be an 85, but little crease on the back where top of the bubble is, a few tiny other barely noticeable bits might mean it would slightly miss 85 if graded. Just right time, right price, clear bubble, mint ESB card, and I finally have one. Awesome figure and colours all round. The blaster fell out of the tape during delivery, and it took some VERY careful shaking and pressing into the bubble to get it back behind the tape. Phew :D

Congratulations on a great CCP. :p
I am glad that now you have it in hand its as good as you hoped.
Good work in getting the weapon back behind the tape, feels like a frustrating arcade game while doing it, doesn't it. :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
JimboUK1979 said:
Just had my ESB Survival Kit Mailer back from UKG, very happy with it. I think it displays much better in Acrylic.
Totally agree, that Survival Kit looks so much better displayed like that.
Nice one.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Ive not posted on here for what feels like an eternity.
I'm not a cardback collector but after hearing Jason Smith's interview on TVR earlier on in the year and hearing him discussing the various cardback type's he mentioned a Palitoy cardback where the address name of Leicester was spealt incorrectly and was spealt Leichester.
Being a Palitoy paperwork collector / part time mini historian living in the great city of Leicester (we won the league you know :eek: ) I had to have one.
So I'm happy to have added this little piece to my collection.

20170809_195658.jpg

20170809_195704.jpg

Attachments

• 20170809_195708.jpg
    20170809_195708.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 853

stormcab

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
stormcab said:

Congratulations on a great CCP. :p
I am glad that now you have it in hand its as good as you hoped.
Good work in getting the weapon back behind the tape, feels like a frustrating arcade game while doing it, doesn't it. :?

Yeah couldn't figure out how it got out, as the gap between the tape and the bubble was too narrow, so it wouldn't just slide back in. I had too get part of the muzzle in, then press down gently on the bubble so the gun pressed against the tape to open it more. That was a clever trick :D

Beauty pick ups from FF. Will I ever get my act together and attend one!

Nice 79 Back clear bubble AT AT driver LOM, I certainly would have had that

Those tri Lukes are astounding, that's some haul

dreader73

Youngling
Lots of great acquisitions lately. I really need to get my backside down to FF.
However my LA, a bargain 15" IG88 missing a forearm adds to my budget large size doll run. Love em.

Attachments

• IMG_3962.JPG
    IMG_3962.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 794

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Picked up my first ever Sonic Landspeeder. Got a great deal on one, however when it arrived nothing worked. I've spent the last few nights working on it. There is actually very little info out there on repairing these surprisingly. Maybe it's because there aren't as many out there and they are a royal pain to work on. :)

I've now got the motor running, the two small gears had hairline cracks so had to glue them, and the metal contact came off the black lever and had to be glued back on as well.

It runs great now, but the clicker does not consistently activate the magnet which makes it turn. All of the wires appear connected to the circuit board, but it's very possible that is the problem. If that's the issue, then that may be beyond my abilities.

Still is in great shape though and for the price I got it, I can't complain too much. I also never realized how much larger it is compared to the standard one.

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
laurencedyer said:
(we won the league you know :eek: )
Bloody glory supporter :wink: :lol:

I feel the need to hunt one down myself and am left wondering if I've had one recently without realising :?: :oops:

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
laurencedyer said:
(we won the league you know :eek: )
Bloody glory supporter :wink: :lol:

I feel the need to hunt one down myself and am left wondering if I've had one recently without realising :?: :oops:

I actually found two on my hunting buddy, both Luke X - Wing, so I bought the pair :D .
I wonder what quantity were made in and what type of split, were there only specific figures made on them before they noticed the error hence why I managed to find two LXW or was that just a total coincidence?

Your welcome to the other if you want it buddy as it has arrived today, literally just opened it.

20170811_201944.jpg

20170811_201953.jpg

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
After having a 12 back on my wants list for two years I finally managed to grab this budget Vader :D
IMG_1242.JPG

Looks fantastic! Vader on the 12 Back is my personal favorite MOC. Congratulations!!

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Lom said:
SW 40th Anniversary Helix.

Sorry for so many posts on this thread today, but I have to give a massive shout out to Martin (aka Lom) for hooking me up with some SW Helix goodies. I had commented awhile back on the LA thread that I thought they looked fantastic, but too bad we couldn't get them on Amazon here in the US. Out of the blue, Martin sent me a PM offering to send me some. I was beside myself that he would initiate this and go to all the hassle of packing and shipping overseas to someone he's never even met before.

I just got home from work and the package was waiting for me on my doorstep, safe and sound thanks to some bullet proof packaging by him. He not only included the items I ask for, but sent me two sets of pins on his custom SWFUK AT-AT Driver cardbacks! Love 'em! I'm taken back by his generosity and willingness to help out a fellow SW collector.

Thanks again Martin. I definitely owe you one buddy!

IMG_0108.JPG

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Carl, it's great you've found a suitable budget Vader and he looks the absolute mutts for what you got him for. That card will flatten out just fine under some books after a week or two.

Seahawks, that Helix stuff is very cool indeed. I've been gradually emptying a counter unit of it, too, and have been surprised there hasn't been more interest from your side of the water. The Japanese seem to love it!

Slightly delayed FF post from me. A great selection of goodies from all sorts of folk. Thanks to James for the beater Luke Poncho at a beater price (only 13 of the last 17 to go now for my beater run :lol:), Mark Daniels for the absolutely brilliant standees (so glad someone dropped out of your initial offering!), Marc Hockley for the pair of Lukes, Steve Savory for the brilliant Han towel (get it? sod it being a tea towel). Nick for the reseal IG-88, Rob for the beater 12" C-3PO (4 down on the run and penty to go) and DorsetMark for the Palitoy catalogue. My Palitoy Death Star is finally 100% complete 18 months after acquisition. Chuffed to bits.

IMG_9483.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom