Any new stories to do with dealing with the other half?

coomber75

Sith Lord
have the opposite issue my wife actively encourages me to buy, because of her I ended up walking away from Nick stall at nec toy fair with a 12 back r2 moc :eek: the quote was.... well you need tgat for your collection dont you!! :lol:

stormcab

Sith Lord
coomber75 said:
have the opposite issue my wife actively encourages me to buy, because of her I ended up walking away from Nick stall at nec toy fair with a 12 back r2 moc :eek: the quote was.... well you need tgat for your collection dont you!! :lol:

You are one lucky git lol

subzero

Sith Lord
coomber75 said:

Never let her go! 8)

coomber75

Sith Lord
oh and she sets up all the displays in the cabinets so much better rhan i can... its the reason we have speeder bikes suspended in mid air :lol:

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
I was upfront from day one with Julie - I have been collecting for 28 years, I have travel over the world with this stuff, 50% of my friends are from the hobby - my collection is going nowhere. And she is mega cool with that! She still glazes over when I explain the minutiae of variances in logo size on Palitoy cards - but I think I can forgive her that! ahahahaha She's a good egg.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
wrighty said:
We are looking to buy a house but I will have to sell a bit more than a few VCJ to make any difference so small purchases are not an issue!! :lol:

That's a beautiful house :lol:

EDIT, For some reason the picture didn't copy with the rest of your post.

Tony jedi

Padawan
The wife has SOME idea as to whats what. We have been to a few cons and events and toy fairs over the years. Heck she was with me when i bought a Pali boxed complete Snowspeeder AND boxed complete Y Wing for £240. BUT as i buy and sell things she knows that if use the money from any sales i make then its not so bad it helps soften the blow. And any married guy collectors on here will tell you theres nothing like a soft blow..

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Oh that kind of dealing with the mrs! I thought you were trying to buy a figure from her and she was being a tricky seller!

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I'm just putting together a loose run at the moment, all figures are in a shoebox (I think I may get the whole run to fit in it)

its when I go on to ships in playsets in the new year I know the **** is gonna hit the fan :lol:

sparkysx

Sith Lord
we're looking at buying a new house so all spending is halted for now, might end up selling up to go towards stamp duty!

subzero

Sith Lord
I'm supposed to be looking at buying a house too... but i'm spending house money on SW toys :twisted:

Somebody stop me! :shock: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom