Latest Acquisitions

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
After having a 12 back on my wants list for two years I finally managed to grab this budget Vader :D
IMG_1242.JPG
Love that 12 back Carl, looks far too good to be a budget :!:
It's graded isn't it, are you going to break it out?
Reason for asking is that "scruffy " said the card would flatten out after a while with books.

lejackal

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
lejackal said:
After having a 12 back on my wants list for two years I finally managed to grab this budget Vader :D
IMG_1242.JPG
Reason for asking is that "scruffy " said the card would flatten out after a while with books.
Thanks mate, it is definitely a budget option, it is missing the POP. Quite why anyone bothered grading it to get a 40 is beyond me. And yes, as soon as I get around to getting a few cases from GW it's getting broken free.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
Mini99 said:
lejackal said:
IMG_1242.JPG
Thanks mate, it is definitely a budget option, it is missing the POP. Quite why anyone bothered grading it to get a 40 is beyond me. And yes, as soon as I get around to getting a few cases from GW it's getting broken free.
Still a nice piece, missing POPs on these are not an issue in my eyes especially when the rest of the card and bubble looks so good.
I would be very happy with this, congratulations Carl.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Not had much in a while but then finally had a couple come at once, thanks junksy for the wally and dsc came from states

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1502560107431.jpg
    FB_IMG_1502560107431.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 932
  • DSC_1393.JPG
    DSC_1393.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 936

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Congratulations, both really nice MOCs.
Amazing that the blaster is still in the hands of a lot of these figures, you would have thought that a trip across the pond would have dislodged it, but its still firmly in place.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've not bought anything substantial in a while. i took the plunge on this! The Micro Collection Bespin sets were something i coveted in the mini-catalogs as a kid so this one is a small realisation of a dream!

It was damn good therapeutic fun setting it up too. :D

22c8Ooc.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
chipsteak said:
I've not bought anything substantial in a while. i took the plunge on this! The Micro Collection Bespin sets were something i coveted in the mini-catalogs as a kid so this one is a small realisation of a dream!

It was damn good therapeutic fun setting it up too. :D

22c8Ooc.jpg
That looks brilliant, I've only ever owned the gantry and the control room, the whole thing coming together really is a thing of beauty

apack7229

Sith Lord
Got a new Fett cardback in today for $22. Sadly the seller shipped it poorly and it got bent in transit.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 732

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not the most mainstream SW item, admittedly, but you can't deny it's not vintage!

1978 Lyons Maid cardboard advertising board. Used by shops and usually found in a window. Thankfully the colours are bright so this must have been out of the sun. Some smart shopkeeper chopped up a price list sticker (presumably from the chiller cabinet) and stuck it to the board. I thought it would have been pasted on but it's actually a sticker so peels off leaving the bright gloss board undamaged. Think I'll leave it as is though. It's been like that for 40 years. And if the board itself is rare how rare is the price list sticker?

Very happy to get hold of such an all round nostalgic piece of my childhood.

IMG_9529.JPG

IMG_9530.JPG

IMG_9531.JPG

IMG_9532.JPG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That sign has certainly brought back memories!
Those "king sticks" I used to love those, but even then they were so much more expensive than others, 23p.
No wonder I never got one regularly!
I a way it's great to have the prices present as well, nice pickup,

MarkG

Jedi Master
Finally added a piece I've been tracking down for ages and always eluded me. A quick visit into old Brighton town to meet up with a fellow collector in the lanes scored me this...

20170819_200456.jpg

Think this is the Palitoy release as the box is much longer than any other mailer I've seen... can anyone confirm and if the Kenner leaflet was part too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom