AFA Rejects!!

lejackal

Grand Master
I really don't understand why people would buy this **** other than to try and pass off again in the future?
Also WTF are the arsewipe ****wit association doing casing up this ****?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302410962800

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302410953523

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
I really don't understand why people would buy this **** other than to try and pass off again in the future?
Also WTF are the arsewipe ****wit association doing casing up this ****?

One word Greed they case it up so they can justify taking the money. That is my guess anyway.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I saw these and thought WTF. Surely any decent SW fan would say don't bother casing it or pull it out of its now meaningless plastic shell, rather than put it back on the market?

They could easily get their hands on an original weapon and resubmit it if AFA casing was their thing. It must be easier and cheaper to find a pilot blaster then a near mint CCP after all!

And don't AFA give you a credit towards your next purchase like UKG if they reject it?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No AFA charge you regardless of whether the item gets graded or not and they give you the option of having the item cased or not. They should do as well, it stops collectors sending mountains of stuff in that is fake on the of chance an item will get graded. Imagine paying someone to check authenticity all day and then finding everything is fake and no grading fee applies, makes no business sense.

This is reassuring for me as I've read many times that AFA grade repro weapons, yet I've never come across one.

Cue someone posting an example. :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
This is ridiculous :?: :?:

I understand the charging as it's a business and like what's been said it stops from sending in tons of fakes, wasting even more time & money. But why not charge and then send it back loose as it is instead of sealing it in a case?.. or if they're gonna do the case thing just put it in a standard one that can be opened?....

Sealing it seems stupid, when it's a fully sealed case it makes it look official/genuine and there's bound to be some ways clever scammers could pass some off to new collectors who don't know jack about Star Wars figures.

And on the flip side if the owner wants the figure out they have to smash that thing to bits risking damaging the figure.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
No AFA charge you regardless of whether the item gets graded or not and they give you the option of having the item cased or not. They should do as well, it stops collectors sending mountains of stuff in that is fake on the of chance an item will get graded. Imagine paying someone to check authenticity all day and then finding everything is fake and no grading fee applies, makes no business sense.

This is reassuring for me as I've read many times that AFA grade repro weapons, yet I've never come across one.

Cue someone posting an example. :lol:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8877-repro-blue-lightsaber-on-a-afa-luke-jedi-figure

:lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:lol: :lol:

New it!

AFA give you the option of casing it if it gets rejected so if you didn't want it cased why would you choose to case it and then crack it open?

They automatically charge you for grading and casing, so they can't then refuse to case it can they!

I wander what persent of loose figures they have graded with repro weapons?

subzero

Sith Lord
If someone owns an ungraded figure in a case they can easily change their mind at any point and just get the desire to smash it open, there's no grade on it stopping that temptation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom