Palitoy MOC hybrid Greedo

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Not the one on eBay by any chance ;)

IMO he's the third most common hybrid after Black Bespin Guard and Snaggletooth, but prices have gone mad recently. Some fool on Facebook paid £800 for a graded one from eBay a couple of weeks ago. £250-300 would be a much more sensible price for one of these IMO. But then sensible and Star Wars haven't been talking much recently.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I paid £300 for a really nice one from a forum member here a couple of months back and I was happy with that price. To echo what Edd said he is indeed the third most common hybrid but that doesn't help the price much these days. BBG is still sub £100 (should be) but even WBGs are getting tough to find. What with Greedo being a popular character it wouldn't surprise me if that one (and it's a very nice one indeed) flies past £300.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Thanks guys and soz for the late reply. Yeh I pretty much knew where he was in the pecking order but obviously wasn't sure on price today. I also was thinking in the £300 range but indeed wouldn't b surprised if it jumps as the condition is awesome looking and am sure someone is hoping it gets the magic 85 grade :!:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:

Some fool on Facebook paid £800 for a graded one from eBay a couple of weeks ago.

:shock:

That's insane- what the **** is wrong with people?
......I should sell up now. be laughing all the way to the bank.

£800! ......

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Grant_C said:
edd_jedi said:

Some fool on Facebook paid £800 for a graded one from eBay a couple of weeks ago.

:shock:

That's insane- what the **** is wrong with people?
......I should sell up now. be laughing all the way to the bank.

£800! ......

You can't retire just yet, Grant, but at a final bid of £421 you can certainly start looking at penthouses in Cardiff bay.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Sorry guys it was me! I had spotted it before this thread went up and was one of several people trying to organise a buy it now deal, but due to the amount of interest he let the auction run.

I was hoping to get it for around the £300 mark, but as it appears to have a perfect bubble I was willing to pay a 25% premium. My max bid was £435 so I wasn't prepared to go much higher. It's still almost half the price of the last one that sold on eBay, and I've been after one of these for nearly three years and only a few have come up for sale over that time despite him not being that rare. I was offered a rather beaten up one for £250 earlier this year, but am glad I held out for a better one. Will post a decent pic when he arrives.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Here he is. I'm pretty happy with him considering how bad the auction photos were (I was worried they were deliberately blurry to hide creases etc) the bubble is flat on the face but has a couple of tiny dents on the sides, and the pin hole is sadly through the card rather than the punch so it definitely wouldn't grade 85. He displays very well though.

greedo-hybrid.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Here he is. I'm pretty happy with him considering how bad the auction photos were (I was worried they were deliberately blurry to hide creases etc) the bubble is flat on the face but has a couple of tiny dents on the sides, and the pin hole is sadly through the card rather than the punch so it definitely wouldn't grade 85. He displays very well though.

greedo-hybrid.jpg
Are you sure that's not a TT? :wink:

Sorry, thought this was FB for a second :mrgreen:

Congrats mate, looks great 8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Two fantastic acquisitions this week!
Great card even with the pinhole.
Congratulations

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
£250-300 eh Edd :!: :lol: Nah just kidding. A v nice piece and it was the bubble condition that attracted me to it but I had my price and that was what I was willing to go to. Nice pick up :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Echo the above. A nice buy, Edd. Worthwhile spending the extra for the better condition items which do carry that premium. But leave it longer in this market and they'll just cost more and more...

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've got to ask, what is "hybrid " about it?
Is the back a ESB type?
Thanks

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Mini99 said:
I've got to ask, what is "hybrid " about it?
Is the back a ESB type?
Thanks

The back is a trilogo 70 back, there are six hybrids:

http://trilogo.info/carded-figure-guide/advanced-guide/

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
£250-300 eh Edd :!: :lol: Nah just kidding.

Don't worry I was expecting to get picked up on that :lol: I still stand by £250-300 being a sensible price for one of these, I'm sure a slightly rougher one could be had for that. I would say this one is above average so worth a slight premium. And prices are so hard to gauge these days, what would you rather have one of these or three loose Leia Organa's :roll:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks Edd.
Very interesting article, so being only one of five on this type of card I assume that the number of examples around are very low, hence the desirability.

lejackal

Grand Master
Let's get to the Crix of the matter anyway (see what I did there)......Is it just the school teacher left for the run now Edd?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
Let's get to the Crix of the matter anyway (see what I did there)......Is it just the school teacher left for the run now Edd?

Still need a hybrid CCP too mate. I did say I'm not bothering with the hybrids this time, but as I have the other five now I might as well :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom