vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
subzero said:
yoda said:
I would pm the seller for more information and pictures of the cape first.

If it does happen to be genuine then you'd run the risk of him ending the auction to relist the Jawa for £1000 after you bring it to his attention :lol:

That is true :lol: but I somehow suspect this seller is well aware of the vinyl cape Jawas and what to look for to gauge it's true value : especially when he's listed so many :lol:

Ahh, I was referring to this seller :lol: :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386

yoda

Sith Lord
subzero said:
yoda said:
subzero said:
If it does happen to be genuine then you'd run the risk of him ending the auction to relist the Jawa for £1000 after you bring it to his attention :lol:

That is true :lol: but I somehow suspect this seller is well aware of the vinyl cape Jawas and what to look for to gauge it's true value : especially when he's listed so many :lol:

Ahh, I was referring to this seller :lol: :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386

Oops :) I was referring to the seller with a few listed. Now that's a different situation you have, it might be worth a punt it's hard to know. Good luck are you going to chance it??

Pomse2001

Grand Master
yoda said:
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:
Hmm that is obviously very possible, I didn't think to look at his feedback for previous items.

Will be interesting to see what the lot goes for and if/when it get's returned by the buyer and relisted again lol.

Yes it will be interesting, but I don't think seller will take it back if buyer learn that the cape is a cut kenobi. Seller do not write about the jawa in the add he only write everything is vintage and a cut kenobi cape is vintage :D

I always check the feedback of the sellers other sales myself sometimes if I feel something isn't right. I feel the pictured Jawas for sale using using all the same pictures don't have the original vinyl capes. I agree with Lars it's the way its listed. He actually doesn't claim they are original capes with the cross sections but that they are vintage. From the previous sales and what is listed the seller clearly understands vintage toys and their values. So for gaining maximum attention they would have stated more information about the cape clearly and close up pictures known that these can reach over £1000 each. It's only my gut feeling I could be wrong but if anyone was going to bid I would pm the seller for more information and pictures of the cape first.

Thanks mate, but I was talking about another seller in the thread this add http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332345961386

Not the same seller as the one with all the vinyl cape jaawas :wink:

yoda

Sith Lord
Did anyone get it?? I didn't bid myself I just watched it. Hopefully it turns out original for someone :)

subzero

Sith Lord
I watched it end too, bloody decent price for the seller if it's not a genuine VCJ, I was originally going to bid about £300 and could have got almost all my money back if I sold them off, but when it went well over that I considered it too much of a risk, I didn't want to lose a couple of hundred quid on a fake VCJ.

I'd love to know if anyone on this forum won it, and how the Jawa turned out!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I asked about close ups of these items and this is the reply I got.

Hiya, they're all 110% originals with cross-hatch pattern making a zipping sound, took me a long time to find them all .. currently abroad so will not be able to take photos at the moment until my return on 6th Sept.

So he's not able to post new imagery and he doesn't mention that he can't post them out until then, if it's true.

Joss

Padawan
:) Sounds a bit risky, its the figure, I have avoided really. The same seller has 2 afa graded ones.
Or is this also a risky item, I've never bothered with afa, as in my heart I like to still see them as toys, and afa makes' dioramas a boxy situation :p

bobskins

Padawan
The person with 8 VCJs also appears to be selling 21 French Villas / Town Houses. Maybe they just like expensive things...

Palifan

Sith Lord
bobskins said:
The person with 8 VCJs also appears to be selling 21 French Villas / Town Houses. Maybe they just like expensive things...

Well that's a strange lot of listings, the price for these would be great if they were in most parts of the UK (anywhere other than where Richard lives :lol: ).

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
So, not content with selling 11 :shock: vinyl Jawas (2 admittedly AFA) on 27/08/17, and averaging a whopping £1,087.54 on each one, today vintageplanetarium has ANOTHER 16( :shock: :shock: :shock:) for sale... all but one AFA one (yes, another one) using exactly the same auction pictures. You know, if it was me and I had 16 VCJs for sale and I knew I'd likely get over a grand for each one, I actually could be bothered to photograph each and every one, but maybe that's just me?

These new ones MIGHT all be genuine, just like the previous 11 MIGHT have been... if he has been stockpiling them over the years, however I have long wondered how hard it would be to find or have made some more vinyl sheets of the same shade, thickness and type as the Jawa's cape? At those prices, it would certainly pay for itself extremely quickly.

I repeat, I'm not saying these aren't genuine... but I am saying if I wanted a real vinyl Jawa, I think I would look elsewhere.... :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
So, not content with selling 11 :shock: vinyl Jawas (2 admittedly AFA) on 27/08/17, and averaging a whopping £1,087.54 on each one, today vintageplanetarium has ANOTHER 16( :shock: :shock: :shock:) for sale... all but one AFA one (yes, another one) using exactly the same auction pictures. You know, if it was me and I had 16 VCJs for sale and I knew I'd likely get over a grand for each one, I actually could be bothered to photograph each and every one, but maybe that's just me?

These new ones MIGHT all be genuine, just like the previous 11 MIGHT have been... if he has been stockpiling them over the years, however I have long wondered how hard it would be to find or have made some more vinyl sheets of the same shade, thickness and type as the Jawa's cape? At those prices, it would certainly pay for itself extremely quickly.

I repeat, I'm not saying these aren't genuine... but I am saying if I wanted a real vinyl Jawa, I think I would look elsewhere.... :?

Crazy that he again have some for sale if they are real :? I am sure he also had some for sale some months ago, so this must be the 3rd time he sell vinyl cape jawas :shock:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
So, not content with selling 11 :shock: vinyl Jawas (2 admittedly AFA) on 27/08/17, and averaging a whopping £1,087.54 on each one, today vintageplanetarium has ANOTHER 16( :shock: :shock: :shock:) for sale... all but one AFA one (yes, another one) using exactly the same auction pictures.
Have you noticed that he has not had feedback for a single one yet despite them all completing on the 27th August - that's nearly 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:
So, not content with selling 11 :shock: vinyl Jawas (2 admittedly AFA) on 27/08/17, and averaging a whopping £1,087.54 on each one, today vintageplanetarium has ANOTHER 16( :shock: :shock: :shock:) for sale... all but one AFA one (yes, another one) using exactly the same auction pictures.
Have you noticed that he has not had feedback for a single one yet despite them all completing on the 27th August - that's nearly 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole...

Seller was away until the 6th Sept so that could be why there is no feedback yet :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:

Seller was away until the 6th Sept so that could be why there is no feedback yet :?

So seller was away until a couple of days ago so I'm guessing has only just sent the original 11 off and now has another 16 up for grabs but with all the same picture?! I can only hope that the new ones listed are using placeholder pictures as how would you possibly know the exact condition of the one you're bidding on?

I would be asking for pictures from the seller to be added to their sales but at least they're up for 9 day auctions so everyone should have been sent the ones that were sold recently. It'll be interesting to see what the feedback is but the way this whole sale has been handled to date must be damaging to these latest ones that have been listed, I would feel very nervous about it until I read some feedback and saw actual pictures of the figures.

If anyone on here is going to write to this seller then please let us know what the reply is.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

So seller was away until a couple of days ago so I'm guessing has only just sent the original 11 off and now has another 16 up for grabs but with all the same picture?! I can only hope that the new ones listed are using placeholder pictures as how would you possibly know the exact condition of the one you're bidding on?

I would be asking for pictures from the seller to be added to their sales but at least they're up for 9 day auctions so everyone should have been sent the ones that were sold recently. It'll be interesting to see what the feedback is but the way this whole sale has been handled to date must be damaging to these latest ones that have been listed, I would feel very nervous about it until I read some feedback and saw actual pictures of the figures.

If anyone on here is going to write to this seller then please let us know what the reply is.

Ian

Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink: Looks like some of the jawas are relisten again, I got a message from ebay about that. Maybe he have collected vinyl cape jawas for many years and maybe he is rich, I do not know and I am not a jawa vinyl cape expert so I can't confirm if they are real or fake :? I agree it will be interesting to see his feedback and then we must also hope the buyers are not some rich guys that do not know anything about vinyl cape jawas :wink:

The last auctions he had then I noticed the jawas on the auctions looked different. But the pictures on this auctions is the same, the same small damages on the figure on all the auctions. So if he have all this figures. Then most buyers will not get the correct figure and that is not great :evil:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:

Ian

Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink: Looks like some of the jawas are relisten again, I got a message from ebay about that. Maybe he have collected vinyl cape jawas for many years and maybe he is rich, I do not know and I am not a jawa vinyl cape expert so I can't confirm if they are real or fake :? I agree it will be interesting to see his feedback and then we must also hope the buyers are not some rich guys that do not know anything about vinyl cape jawas :wink:

The last auctions he had then I noticed the jawas on the auctions looked different. But the pictures on this auctions is the same, the same small damages on the figure on all the auctions. So if he have all this figures. Then most buyers will not get the correct figure and that is not great :evil:

Thanks for the info and I feel, especially something of this potential value, that pictures really are needed. There's no way I'd bid on one of these without knowing what I should be receiving.

We'll have to keep a close eye on this lot.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom