Latest Acquisitions

Jez

Sith Lord
Looking forward to going back about 13 pages and seeing what you crazy kids have been buying

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
That Tri-logo Fett is stunning! Well done on that one 8) Love the beater Chewie as well- I'd find a Chewie cardback to slot in behind if it was me ;)

Carl, that's such a nice gesture- top man! 8)

Been a bit rubbish updating my stuff, so here are a few bits from the past couple of months, mostly for my childhood focus.

First up, managed to source a complete blue/red set of UK Topps bubblegum cards. Still have my very incomplete childhood set stuck into my scrapbook, but wanted a complete set. The Topps cards were the first SW thing I can remember really. The older kids at school would have massive stacks of them and would sometimes give away doubles (which is how I got my originals). I think I only ever bought one pack myself- I found out where to get them and I remember Mum taking me over to the other side of Cirencester to a small newsagent (Beeches Stores IIRC), after much badgering!

Can't really remember the yellow/green sets, so not too bothered about getting hold of those.

20170828_114346.jpg

Next up is a Palitoy Imperial Troop Transport. Always liked this- I remember the advert well! Managed to get it for £50- it's in great nick, but it's missing the prisoner restraints, so need to track those down sometime. The battery terminals are also gunked up, so it will be a nice little project.

20170828_114402.jpg

Finally, went to Cirencester Toy Fair yesterday and just couldn't say no to these two diecast ships. Both in great condition and well priced. The Action Man leaflet was a real bonus as I've been looking at these on Ebay for a while (usually around a tenner). Brings back huge memories for me- I think I eventually saved up for a 'Undressed Action Man' in the end. Absolute steal for a quid.

20170827_122206.jpg

20170827_181807.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
coomber75 said:
damn been after die cast speeder with windshield great buy looks awesome

Yeah, definitely getting harder to find in good shape. The dealer said it was the best he had ever had. Same with Slave 1, as they're usually yellow.

Lovely Luke X-Wing, by the way!

stormcab

Sith Lord
TRILOGY COLLECTOR said:
Edit back to Kenner - even Kenner prices are steep :lol:

Avi I got from your fantastic pics stormcabs -- commission coming soon lol

Fantastic pics? Hell, for such a nice comment, I will wave the £50k usage rights :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well, all the chatter about TRI Logo and their charms in my post about "when did they become more sought after than they were in the 80/90s" I took the plunge!
Saw this and thought that the bubble was good, so hey why not :?
One question though, the original price sticker has been removed and a Kay Bee $.99 has been stuck over the top, well mostly.
Did this happen in the 80s, ie Kay Bee over stock, or has this been done more recently to cover up litho damage and make the MOC more appealing?
Does anyone else have one like this?
Overall very pleased. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 765

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
I recognise that MoC... my old University friend has just sold that on Jabba's auctions (small world). Great item in great condition.
Thanks.
The purchase was super smooth, double packed,absolutely bomb proof, a real pleasure to deal with.
It is a small world, glad you like it, I'm really pleased with it.
My first TRI Logo (this time round), have you any experience of the Kay Bee sticker, just curious.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I have a couple of MoC with KayBee clearance stickers that are over existing old stickers, so them having removed one to add their own is very plausible.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
I have a couple of MoC with KayBee clearance stickers that are over existing old stickers, so them having removed one to add their own is very plausible.
Thanks, was just curious as I had read about Kay Bee getting over stock of this type of figure and wondered if they had "re priced" them.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Very nice Emperor, Nick. Very clean 8)

This arrived today from Jukesy (Kris). Very happy with it - the Bossk stickers on the back are interesting 8)

Attachments

• 20170831_121329.jpg
    20170831_121329.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 852
  • 20170831_121347.jpg
    20170831_121347.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 853

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cazza said:
Very nice Emperor, Nick. Very clean 8)

This arrived today from Jukesy (Kris). Very happy with it - the Bossk stickers on the back are interesting 8)
Thanks Andy, thats in great condition as well.
I've not seen the back Bossk stickers before either, always amazed that the weapon is still firmly in his grip after all this time!
Nice one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom