The LEGO Corner

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lom said:
Cheers Si, might start at £300 and see what happens; not desperate to get rid as I like it but could do with the cash!

Another Lego question: I have a few sets which are open such as old technics sets which have the flip top box. When the removal men packed out stuff they put 3 or 4 sets at a time in large bags which have then been tipped on their sides and bricks have leaked out of each into a communal puddle of Lego at the bottom of the bags.

Aside from now having to build the sets to ensure completeness (looking forward to that bit!), I will be looking for a way to store them in the future where bricks don't fall out but I can place them on their sides in large boxes. Thinking of wrapping them in a clingfilmesque type of clear wrap - do you think this will be an ok way to store them or do you think the wrap might do bad things to the boxes?

Depends. If they're like the 8860 and come with quite a few compartments then the cling film may be an option, but if they're smaller sets with just all parts in one box area I'd back them then put them inside the box. If you can avoid wrapping them in cling film I would. You never can tell how it will react to the card and ink in years to come. Also, there is always moisture in absorbent materials. No matter how dry you think they are. Seal those up in clingfilm and you could get mould growing in there.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Cheers mate - yep one of them is an 8860 another a 956 plus others of similar size. I wasn't too sure about plastic wrapping them - if I don't have the room to store them flat then I might wrap them up in brown paper.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Images of the new UCS falcon are all over the net this morning, romour is Lego are pulling their official press release forward to 4pm today while they can still surprise people with detail. Won't post links but a quick search on Reddit will show you the front and back of the new box.

One word - awesome....

Palifan

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
Images of the new UCS falcon are all over the net this morning, romour is Lego are pulling their official press release forward to 4pm today while they can still surprise people with detail. Won't post links but a quick search on Reddit will show you the front and back of the new box.

One word - awesome....

The official release has just dropped on lego.com - https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192?CMP=EMC-SAH2017_08_31_MillenniumFalcon_EN+_US&HQS=hero_b_cta_NA_FR&RMID=SAHVIP_2017_08_31_MillenniumFalcon_NA&RRID=133373610

The vid I found slightly awkward but at $800 here in the US I don't think it'll be joining my collection :(

Ian

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Day 1 purchase for me. It will become the Grail of Lego Star Wars sets quickly. the detail and finish is so fine, it really puts the original to shame. This will be the centre peice of the Star Wars room :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
At £649 it is a little cheaper than the other Star Wars sets per brick as well. It's still a big chunk to lay out though.

I will have to be smart with this one. What's the most efficient way to buy it? I guess quidco and hope they do a triple points offer. Also, how many vip points will I get back as I want the bb8 set and the old fishing shop as well.

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
monkey_roo said:
Day 1 purchase for me. It will become the Grail of Lego Star Wars sets quickly. the detail and finish is so fine, it really puts the original to shame. This will be the centre peice of the Star Wars room :)

Will you build it, or keep it sealed??

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Mrleemur said:
monkey_roo said:

Will you build it, or keep it sealed??

There was one on display in my local lego store. Very impressive.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 733

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
The plan is to build it, I'm not a sealed Lego collector by nature, that said I never got around to building the last UCS Falcon, so I stil have that sealed in a box

I have learned that there is a special midnight signing at the Leicester sq store on the 13th so will consider going to that. Meanwhile hit up the Westfield store today and bought the Snowspeeder on impuls, and triple points. They also had a falcon on display.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 721

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Not sure when I will find the time to build this for a while, but a great updated UCS, vastly better than the first (obviously). Actually, while others may complain about rereleases and updates, the red five X-wing, the Snowspeeder, and the upcoming falcon have all been significantly better than their predecessors, while not strictly an UCS the Death Star update has been the only real let down on the reissue front (I am ignoring the Hoth base totally, which wasn't really an update)

Anyway, one Snowspeeder, triple VIP points on the purchase and roll on the 13th/14th when that big bad falcon comes around...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 710

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
No images, but the countdown has begun... 48hrs give or take until the midnight release of the new falcon. Planning on being at Leicester sq store for a special signing event... That said only 150 units will be in store (aledgedly) so if the queues are too big when I get there i will have to turn around and head home... Fingers crossed.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
No images, but the countdown has begun... 48hrs give or take until the midnight release of the new falcon. Planning on being at Leicester sq store for a special signing event... That said only 150 units will be in store (aledgedly) so if the queues are too big when I get there i will have to turn around and head home... Fingers crossed.

I'm going to see spurs at Wembley tomorrow. I might come back via the store. Give us a shout if you are there and especially if you bail.

I think if I can get one I will.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Got a sinking feeling. Over on the Lego boards people are talking about camping out, booking hotel rooms etc. Lego may have gotten this wrong and hundreds of people turn up tomorrow, could be some disappointed people...

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Ok, total Star Wars Lego brag post coming up.
8 hrs of queue, a wad of cash spent and hey presto.... UCS Falcon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 776

Palifan

Sith Lord
The size of that box!!!

Fantastic news that you bagged one, have fun building it (if you end up opening it), would love to see it put together.

Ian

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
It will get built, just not sure when :)

It was a fun night, especially given most of it was spent queueing. Quite busy in the end and I don't think I have ever seen 100ks worth of Lego stacked in shipping boxes before...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 767
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 769

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
My Dad went up there to get one but came home empty handed - why just have 150? Don't get that...

Already out of stock online but sure they'll be making these for as long as they think they can sell them!

Latest posts

Top Bottom