Ever Regret Showing Your Collection on SWFUK?

subzero

Sith Lord
Another tip iv'e thought of is if you're paranoid about potential thieves visiting the site to look through your limelight collection, then maybe you could post up your collection for the community on here to view and enjoy, and then delete the post after 1 week once most on here have seen it. That would save it from being a permanent post on this site for a potential thief ( friend or not ) to come back to in future and dig it up to use it as a 'shopping list'

Just a thought!

x-pack

Grand Master
No. Not really. But I wouldn't post the same photos on Facebook. More people that know where I live on there, and that's a worry. All it takes is a friend of a friend to tell someone else. I know people who know complete bellends. The sort I wouldn't trust in my house.

Star Wars has such a huge value attached now, it'd be attractive to thieving shits. Probably as easy to shift as jewellery.

The other thing I bother about on Facebook are sellers. Many I've never heard of. You buy something and they have your address. And they know there's a fair bet you'll have a fairly valuable collection. Just takes one

talldroid77

Padawan
It's something I've thought about before I admit. Good thread. Fbook is likely riskier id say. Edd's comment is quite worrying. Deleting after a week is an idea - better than leaving up a permanent advertisement to potential thieves.

I've never put up pics of everything anywhere. Just parts of specific interest.

I am however considering showcasing my security system including the concrete bunker, naked hidden high voltage cables, machine gun fencing and pack of Rottweilers that currently protect my collection :lol: :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
talldroid77 said:
I am however considering showcasing my security system including the concrete bunker, naked hidden high voltage cables, machine gun fencing and pack of Rottweilers that currently protect my collection :lol: :lol:

Yes good idea :lol: I have a security camera now, it was only about £25 and works great. Gives me peace of mind when on holiday.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
x-pack said:
No. Not really. But I wouldn't post the same photos on Facebook. More people that know where I live on there, and that's a worry. All it takes is a friend of a friend to tell someone else. I know people who know complete bellends. The sort I wouldn't trust in my house.

Star Wars has such a huge value attached now, it'd be attractive to thieving shits. Probably as easy to shift as jewellery.

The other thing I bother about on Facebook are sellers. Many I've never heard of. You buy something and they have your address. And they know there's a fair bet you'll have a fairly valuable collection. Just takes one

This may help some of you with regards FB purchases and addresses; I do not get anything posted to my home address, I get parcels posted to work.
I've done this ever since I started on eBay, has always worked for me.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
x-pack said:

This may help some of you with regards FB purchases and addresses; I do not get anything posted to my home address, I get parcels posted to work.
I've done this ever since I started on eBay, has always worked for me.

That's a great idea. Many a time I've posted to a workplace and assumed it was just for delivery convenience but your idea makes sense.

subzero

Sith Lord
Word of mouth is something to be very careful of, you have no idea who it could spread to. I remember a few years ago I was with a mate who was a boiler engineer and I went with him to a job just for the sake of going and helping out with bits n bobs for a little while, and the house we went to the owner had died not long before but his immediate family were having a load of work done on the house. Me and my mate turned up and my other two mates were already there working doing plumbing and tiling etc, one of them had been going into the loft ( yes you know where this is going ) to do some electrical work or something and because he knew I was Star Wars mad he said to me the loft was full... full of cardboard boxes completely filled with vintage SW toys and figures all mint in the boxes.

My eyes lit up and I asked him several times to let me have a look ( who wouldn't wanna at least have a look :shock: ) but he didn't let me also because he knew I was SW mad and would prob get a bit carried away haha. I still wonder to this day what was up there and even if anything has been touched or sold since. My point is though that I could have been a bit of a **** and decided to go back there to steal them all or gave somebody else the tip, I knew where the house was and knew that it was currently not being lived in by anyone for a while, it could have been so easy!

Be mindful of who knows what you have, and be aware of what you have on display when you invite guests over and keep things out of sight if possible, word spreads like wildfire!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom