Question Re: Double Telescoping Lightsaber

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Is the length of the inner considered a secret? I half-remember that the exact length was kept close to collectors chests to help stop fakers, at years early on.

subzero

Sith Lord
So they should keep it secret too, I read a while ago that repro makers have tried previously to trick owners of the sabers into giving out details on the exact size, but they told them incorrect sizes on purpose to throw them off.

I'm pretty sure what I read was to do with the DT saber inner section!

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Yes, I tried to determine the exact measurement recently so I could check if mine is not missing anything off the end. I struggled ... :roll:

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Ps if I was planning on producing the moulds to fake DT sabres, I'd just spend £800-1000 upfront to buy a real one, copy it and sell it on for a profit in 12 months time.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Dannywhiteley said:
Ps if I was planning on producing the moulds to fake DT sabres, I'd just spend £800-1000 upfront to buy a real one, copy it and sell it on for a profit in 12 months time.
All too true, I'm afraid.

I'm not for one moment condoning scumbags who would try to pass off a repro as genuine, but that's something I never really understood, as keeping the information a 'secret' was never going to work in a million years given how relatively plentiful the DT Luke is. Unless the Vader and or Ben inner saber filaments are a different length / shape to the Luke's (and I'm guessing they're not, but then again, I don't own any genuine DT sabers, so I cannot say for sure), then any half-way near competent repro maker wouldn't have much trouble finding out the exact dimensions, if they so wished.

Also, if the exact inner dimensions are so top secret, how would a genuine owner of one be able to tell if theirs was real or not? Presumably no-one would be willing to give them the information to verify it for fear of them being an unscrupulous repro-merchant posing as a genuine owner! :wink:

I don't mean to belittle the thought-process or intention behind the effort, but it certainly seemed like a completely futile one to me. Still, why make it easy for the repro makers, I suppose...

Lindo

Sith Lord
Dannywhiteley said:
Yes, I tried to determine the exact measurement recently so I could check if mine is not missing anything off the end. I struggled ... :roll:
Exactly pretty easy to find out really, just buy one measure it sell it fake it, not too much of a secret

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom