Near Perfect Repros

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Nick the injection point (not EPM- which are ejector pin marks) on the Imperial blasters is on the back of the scope- unlike any other known Imperial blaster. So like the repro Jawa blaster having it on the front of the barrel- these are dead giveaways.

Rob you mention these blasters:
file.php

to me those are all real, what am I missing??

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
Nick the injection point (not EPM- which are ejector pin marks) on the Imperial blasters is on the back of the scope- unlike any other known Imperial blaster. So like the repro Jawa blaster having it on the front of the barrel- these are dead giveaways.

file.php

Yes, I agree with James. It looks like you've got two blue version 4 blasters; 3 blue black version 4 blasters and possibly 1 version 5 blaster with a similar pattern on the handle to the new batch of repros were discussing. This could be a good day for you :D

subzero

Sith Lord
Maybe the wrong picture accidentally uploaded?.. or the wrong weapons accidentally grabbed for the pic? :?:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well now, isn't that a coincidence. It gets reported here and all of a sudden.....he ends the listing. We got a lurker in our midst, I reckon. Maybe coincidence, but I doubt it.

If eBay had ended it then it would bring up an error message, but this has clearly been ended by the seller.

He has 13, yep thirteen, other listings running on these. I've reported 6 (not saying which 6), if everyone spent a couple of mins picking random ones then it may have some effect. eBay will at least flag the account and one dealing in counterfeit goods which will complicate any future disputes this prick gets in.

And if the seller is reading this: you're a ****.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Well now, isn't that a coincidence. It gets reported here and all of a sudden.....he ends the listing. We got a lurker in our midst, I reckon. Maybe coincidence, but I doubt it.

If eBay had ended it then it would bring up an error message, but this has clearly been ended by the seller.

He has 13, yep thirteen, other listings running on these. I've reported 6 (not saying which 6), if everyone spent a couple of mins picking random ones then it may have some effect. eBay will at least flag the account and one dealing in counterfeit goods which will complicate any future disputes this prick gets in.

And if the seller is reading this: you're a ****.

**** :shock: and I thought me and Todd was the only ones that use bad words on the forum :lol:

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Waltham Wookiee said:
I messaged the seller to try and get them to understand the damage this dose to our hobby. She just mocked me and said she didn't care.

I'm not surprised by the reaction.
Still, the way things could be going then we will have the last laugh.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
aussiejames said:

file.php

Yes, I agree with James. It looks like you've got two blue version 4 blasters; 3 blue black version 4 blasters and possibly 1 version 5 blaster with a similar pattern on the handle to the new batch of repros were discussing. This could be a good day for you :D

No, I promise you these are 100% repro. This is the problem and goes back to the original post, they are very good copies and may look genuine in a photo but in hand and compared to a real one they are totally fake. They're too sharp, they look brand new and the plastic/finish is completely wrong. Subzero, I read this thread, went into my bag of repros, took out all the Imp blasters, photographed them and posted. It's really not rocket science, you take a real one or look at the one in your Stormy Moc and compare. I'll try and take some better macro photos and do something on photoshop to show what I mean.

subzero

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Hmm the plot definitely thickens....

subzero

Sith Lord
Just been listed again, not relisted but a whole new listing, everyone get on the reporting...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-x-Vintage-Star-Wars-Weapons-Float-Transparent-/302442276472?hash=item466af6e678:g:Q30AAOSwGhZZr64n

If this one disappears too then i'd say we def have this guy lurking on this forum :roll:

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Rob that would be good if you could do some side by side comparisons because the ones in that picture look real to me too, thanks

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
aussiejames said:

file.php

No, I promise you these are 100% repro. This is the problem and goes back to the original post, they are very good copies and may look genuine in a photo but in hand and compared to a real one they are totally fake. They're too sharp, they look brand new and the plastic/finish is completely wrong. Subzero, I read this thread, went into my bag of repros, took out all the Imp blasters, photographed them and posted. It's really not rocket science, you take a real one or look at the one in your Stormy Moc and compare. I'll try and take some better macro photos and do something on photoshop to show what I mean.

Thanks for the warning, can you compare it on a picture with the original ones and point out the difference so we know what to look for ? :wink:

Jimi Woolley

Padawan
Robstyley said:
They're not fooling me. Yes they are close in many ways but they are also all wrong. The scope's too thick, the magazines the wrong shape, the protrusion at the very back is the wrong shape and the whole sculpt is too sharp. And the colour is wrong. These kind of fairly accurate Imp blasters have been around for years, some of these below were sold to me as long as 9 years ago. I still don't think anyone has made good enough repros to fool a reasonably experienced collector.

image.jpg

There is nothing wrong with these blasters. V4's and one V5 which is exclusive to Taiwan Fetts.

When we've held the Jabba's Court/Imperial Gunnery Repro Clinic people have often bought in V5's as they do look and feel very different to most other Imperial Blasters. Unbelievably clean lines. Take a look at a TW Fett MOC (ROTJ) and you'll see this blaster.

Jimi

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:

Wow Rob. Do they float or sink? Have you got an original v4 and v5 you can lay these side by side and post a photo, because they're way more convincing than this latest batch of repros if they are fake. I've not come across a Repro like this before.

The v4 is very common, has very sharp features and the blue ones always look more like a Repro than the other blasters I've felt and handled. But they are real (the ones I have anyway).

Pantzman

Padawan
I'd really like to get some of these in hand to study up close but a few of us have discussed this 'lot' in our study group and we all think they are fine.
As Jimi said, All V4's and a lucky V5
Bonus!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom