vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:
So seller was away until a couple of days ago so I'm guessing has only just sent the original 11 off and now has another 16 up for grabs but with all the same picture?! I can only hope that the new ones listed are using placeholder pictures as how would you possibly know the exact condition of the one you're bidding on?

I would be asking for pictures from the seller to be added to their sales but at least they're up for 9 day auctions so everyone should have been sent the ones that were sold recently. It'll be interesting to see what the feedback is but the way this whole sale has been handled to date must be damaging to these latest ones that have been listed, I would feel very nervous about it until I read some feedback and saw actual pictures of the figures.

If anyone on here is going to write to this seller then please let us know what the reply is.

Ian

Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink: Looks like some of the jawas are relisten again, I got a message from ebay about that. Maybe he have collected vinyl cape jawas for many years and maybe he is rich, I do not know and I am not a jawa vinyl cape expert so I can't confirm if they are real or fake :? I agree it will be interesting to see his feedback and then we must also hope the buyers are not some rich guys that do not know anything about vinyl cape jawas :wink:

The last auctions he had then I noticed the jawas on the auctions looked different. But the pictures on this auctions is the same, the same small damages on the figure on all the auctions. So if he have all this figures. Then most buyers will not get the correct figure and that is not great :evil:

Thanks for the info and I feel, especially something of this potential value, that pictures really are needed. There's no way I'd bid on one of these without knowing what I should be receiving.

We'll have to keep a close eye on this lot.

Ian
Exactly! A thousand pounds a pop, yet they can't be arsed to provide unique photos? That redefines laziness, if these are genuine :roll:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink:

Yes, I did write that. I'd forgotten all about it. He didn't list that he was away on eBay but replied to an email I sent regarding the items on 25 August. I was not happy about bidding so high without further imagery and was slightly sceptical that he was conveniently away - I mean would you list so many valuable items and go on holiday when there was bound to be a lot of questions and photos. I know I wouldn't do it.
-------------------
Hi do you have close up pics of the cross hatch pattern as well as a pic of the cape on its own (without Jawa) please for your near mint + and minty versions for sale.
Cheers Jay
-------------------
Hiya, they're all 110% originals with cross-hatch pattern making a zipping sound, took me a long time to find them all .. currently abroad so will not be able to take photos at the moment until my return on 6th Sept.

Regards
-------------------
I might follow up this time and if I do I'll post response here.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:
So seller was away until a couple of days ago so I'm guessing has only just sent the original 11 off and now has another 16 up for grabs but with all the same picture?! I can only hope that the new ones listed are using placeholder pictures as how would you possibly know the exact condition of the one you're bidding on?

I would be asking for pictures from the seller to be added to their sales but at least they're up for 9 day auctions so everyone should have been sent the ones that were sold recently. It'll be interesting to see what the feedback is but the way this whole sale has been handled to date must be damaging to these latest ones that have been listed, I would feel very nervous about it until I read some feedback and saw actual pictures of the figures.

If anyone on here is going to write to this seller then please let us know what the reply is.

Ian

Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink: Looks like some of the jawas are relisten again, I got a message from ebay about that. Maybe he have collected vinyl cape jawas for many years and maybe he is rich, I do not know and I am not a jawa vinyl cape expert so I can't confirm if they are real or fake :? I agree it will be interesting to see his feedback and then we must also hope the buyers are not some rich guys that do not know anything about vinyl cape jawas :wink:

The last auctions he had then I noticed the jawas on the auctions looked different. But the pictures on this auctions is the same, the same small damages on the figure on all the auctions. So if he have all this figures. Then most buyers will not get the correct figure and that is not great :evil:

Thanks for the info and I feel, especially something of this potential value, that pictures really are needed. There's no way I'd bid on one of these without knowing what I should be receiving.

We'll have to keep a close eye on this lot.

Ian

Hi Ian, I agree we have to keep a close eye on this, I think it is very bad that he use this time the same pictures :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Ian, yes TheJabbaWookie wrote on page 2 that he was away :wink:

Yes, I did write that. I'd forgotten all about it. He didn't list that he was away on eBay but replied to an email I sent regarding the items on 25 August. I was not happy about bidding so high without further imagery and was slightly sceptical that he was conveniently away - I mean would you list so many valuable items and go on holiday when there was bound to be a lot of questions and photos. I know I wouldn't do it.
-------------------
Hi do you have close up pics of the cross hatch pattern as well as a pic of the cape on its own (without Jawa) please for your near mint + and minty versions for sale.
Cheers Jay
-------------------
Hiya, they're all 110% originals with cross-hatch pattern making a zipping sound, took me a long time to find them all .. currently abroad so will not be able to take photos at the moment until my return on 6th Sept.

Regards
-------------------
I might follow up this time and if I do I'll post response here.

No I would not list all this and then go away so I could not help with more pictures or better info. But I would have uploaded better info and better pictures from the beginning if I was the seller.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
"
New message from: vintageplanetarium (697Purple Star)
I actually have 4 loose vinyl capes to sell (two with tears in armholes), the duplicate listings are to avoid chances of timewasters and would not sell any for less than £1500. If I do I'm going to keep on cancelling transactions and you'll see them listed again until they're all sold,"

"Interesting, although can I give you a word of advice? As it clearly mentions in the article it is one of your personality traits to be blunt and rude to people, as you have been with me in the past. It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, but when your personal information, along with a photo of your child, is so readily available on the internet, I'd be careful with who you upset - this photo could end up in a pedo section on the dark web."

Quality ****ing individual he is....

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
aussiejames said:
"
New message from: vintageplanetarium (697Purple Star)
I actually have 4 loose vinyl capes to sell (two with tears in armholes), the duplicate listings are to avoid chances of timewasters and would not sell any for less than £1500. If I do I'm going to keep on cancelling transactions and you'll see them listed again until they're all sold,"

"Interesting, although can I give you a word of advice? As it clearly mentions in the article it is one of your personality traits to be blunt and rude to people, as you have been with me in the past. It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, but when your personal information, along with a photo of your child, is so readily available on the internet, I'd be careful with who you upset - this photo could end up in a pedo section on the dark web."

Quality ****ing individual he is....
What a scumbag! He lists lots of items for sale that he doesn't have, because he wants a certain minimum price for the few that he does, yet doesn't list them with that minimum starting price, and hence will disappoint every buyer that legitimately wins an auction for less than his hidden minimum!

But far worse, if I understand your second paragraph correctly, is this something he sent to you? If so, I would immediately report him to both eBay and the Police for threatening behaviour.

yoda

Sith Lord
I wonder is he a member on here if he's selling alot of vintage.
That's not on the reply he gave.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
As I said on the first page, he's dodgy, wouldn't buy anything from him and with that threat to James he needs to be reported to the Police, how does he know stuff about the dark web? I hadn't even heard of the dark web until last week.

yoda

Sith Lord
For someone to start that **** about a little kid who had nothing to do with this. He's is a complete wanker to say something like that. If you've a problem with someone deal with them. He didn't need to involve a child and bring stuff like that up because he's pissed. That is quite disturbing his mentality to bring that up because someone has a disagreement about a Jawa that he claims he has to sell on eBay.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
What I don't get is how he's not got any negative feedback if he's cancelling winning bids if they don't meet his required minimum on a regular basis?

That also confuse me a lot. No negative feedback :shock: It is very hard to believe that this is a bad seller if he do not have a negative feedback :?

lejackal

Grand Master
No the first time this guy has been discussed;

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30254

subzero

Sith Lord
Got this MOC this morning from this seller with a bad split in the bubble and when I messaged to complain I got told it was advertised as 'used' so it was as described. This obviously isn't the point as we all know, if it has a split in the bubble this is DAMAGE not 'used', the split should have been mentioned in the listing which it wasn't and wasn't even shown in the pictures.

I suggested a partial refund and he said "as per his description" he does not offer partial refunds but will refund £5 as a goodwill gesture ( what an insult ), in the end I settled on a £10 refund which to be honest I was kind of happy with because the split can't be seen when it's on display, and the transaction was done outside of ebay so I know I would have had hassles returning and getting my return costs back etc. Also earlier on I was told the item would be posted on 'x-date' and when I messaged on that date to request the tracking number he told me he was still in another country and his post is not due to go out for another 7 days ( thanks for telling me ).

I know I should have just maybe returned it via a paypal case but i'd been searching for one of these MOC's for a while and want to keep it, so it's a lesson learnt really and in future I may decide to upgrade the figure if I ever see a nicer one.

Anyway just thought i'd share about this seller as he's obviously acting very dishonestly, and he currently is selling 15!!! apparently genuine VCJ loose figures which I now believe to be fake after reading what other people have said in this thread.

Attachments

• DSCF7783.JPG
    DSCF7783.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 717

aussiejames

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
What I don't get is how he's not got any negative feedback if he's cancelling winning bids if they don't meet his required minimum on a regular basis?

probably because they are his own shill bids, previous threads showed him even leaving feedback for himself :?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

probably because they are his own shill bids, previous threads showed him even leaving feedback for himself :?

Every bid on there is listed as "private listing" so I would probably tend to agree with you.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
Got this MOC this morning from this seller with a bad split in the bubble and when I messaged to complain I got told it was advertised as 'used' so it was as described. This obviously isn't the point as we all know, if it has a split in the bubble this is DAMAGE not 'used', the split should have been mentioned in the listing which it wasn't and wasn't even shown in the pictures.

I suggested a partial refund and he said "as per his description" he does not offer partial refunds but will refund £5 as a goodwill gesture ( what an insult ), in the end I settled on a £10 refund which to be honest I was kind of happy with because the split can't be seen when it's on display, and the transaction was done outside of ebay so I know I would have had hassles returning and getting my return costs back etc. Also earlier on I was told the item would be posted on 'x-date' and when I messaged on that date to request the tracking number he told me he was still in another country and his post is not due to go out for another 7 days ( thanks for telling me ).

I know I should have just maybe returned it via a paypal case but i'd been searching for one of these MOC's for a while and want to keep it, so it's a lesson learnt really and in future I may decide to upgrade the figure if I ever see a nicer one.

Anyway just thought i'd share about this seller as he's obviously acting very dishonestly, and he currently is selling 15!!! apparently genuine VCJ loose figures which I now believe to be fake after reading what other people have said in this thread.
The partial refund sounds fair if the purchase price was also fair.
In the end it's down to how you feel about the MOC. :?
But I do understand as I have a MOC that I should have returned due to damage , but had been looking for one for a while and once I had it was reluctant to do so... :roll:
If you are happy you can always upgrade at a later date.

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
subzero said:

The partial refund sounds fair if the purchase price was also fair.
In the end it's down to how you feel about the MOC. :?
But I do understand as I have a MOC that I should have returned due to damage , but had been looking for one for a while and once I had it was reluctant to do so... :roll:
If you are happy you can always upgrade at a later date.

It was £135, so in the end cost £125 after the refund, i'm happy but also kind of ain't if you know what I mean?

I'm thinking have I now overpaid for something that's prob worth about £80 with the split?, i'm not too sure on the value with that, I can live with it but tbh this was a really important figure to me and it meant a lot having it, only the split and the £125 cost has kind of harshened my buzz a bit. :?

Plus yeah like you say when it's something you've waited quite a while to get it's hard to send it back unless it's severe damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom