Fake Leia Pistol

21B

I've bought two Leia blasters from this seller in the past few weeks. Had no idea they were fakes (typically only one available at a time, though I should've noticed I bought two from the same guy at different times.

Tempted to leave scathing neg feedback right now, as it's ridiculous that this scum hasn't been called on on this.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I did the exact same thing, 21b. He gave me my money back on request after I became informed thanks to this thread.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
can't see the epm's on those imperial blasters on the ebay auction, apart from that they look very good.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
s-l16016.jpg

aussiejames

Sith Lord
These are all fake ( & sold as such) The Leia pistols are the ones initially mentioned in this thread ( a second 'type' came from the same batch) there were rumours of fake Jawa blasters & Imperial blasters and here they are. The Imperial blasters are 'easy' to spot. Note the distinct diamond cross hatch pattern on the hand grip ( similar to the 'Taiwan' blaster ) but has a different barrel end and shape to the handgrip & side clip than the original version. They have made there way over to the US ( snakriverman ), many available on German ebay and being sold in bulk in the UK as well. To all those that still believe they are Palitoy overstock :lol: :lol: :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
These are all fake ( & sold as such) The Leia pistols are the ones initially mentioned in this thread ( a second 'type' came from the same batch) there were rumours of fake Jawa blasters & Imperial blasters and here they are. The Imperial blasters are 'easy' to spot. Note the distinct diamond cross hatch pattern on the hand grip ( similar to the 'Taiwan' blaster ) but has a different barrel end and shape to the handgrip & side clip than the original version. They have made there way over to the US ( snakriverman ), many available on German ebay and being sold in bulk in the UK as well. To all those that still believe they are Palitoy overstock :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that was a depressing read :roll:

Good to have some clear pictures and descriptions though and hopefully this will help at least a few people from getting caught out. I'm so glad I have all I'm ever going to have of loose figures with weapons as it does look to be a bit of a headache now a days.

Ian

Jez

Sith Lord
Wow what a thread. Christ, navigating the minefield of repro nowadays is a nightmare. So glad and thankful that we have the forum resources such as TIG (in particular) and people such as James to help inform collectors. Keep up the good work.

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
James could you go into a bit more detail about the Imperial Blaster differences ? Because i'm comparing those in the Ebay thread to those on Imperial Gunnery and I can't really see the difference, thanks

aussiejames

Sith Lord
This is a fake- the handgrip crosshatching is nice clear intersecting lines that create a diamond pattern
21100210.jpg

Only two other real Imperial blasters have a similar diamond cross hatch pattern. Those being the 'Taiwan' V5 & Takara blasters
Imperialab.jpg

Takara_Blaster_1_edit%20Olisuds%20NEW.jpg

If you look at the barrel end, shape of the handgrip & side clip you should see the differences

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hi James, thanks for the pics. I'm ok with distinguishing the Leia Blaster and Imperial Blaster, but the Jawa Blaster is a little more difficult. Assume it's similar to the v1 blaster with raised bump. Is the identifying factor that it looks blacker and smoother than the dark blue / black variant? Are there any differences with the handle etc?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
This is a fake- the handgrip crosshatching is nice clear intersecting lines that create a diamond pattern
21100210.jpg

Only two other real Imperial blasters have a similar diamond cross hatch pattern. Those being the 'Taiwan' V5 & Takara blasters
Imperialab.jpg

Takara_Blaster_1_edit%20Olisuds%20NEW.jpg

If you look at the barrel end, shape of the handgrip & side clip you should see the differences

Does the new repro imperial blaster float in water ? :?

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Very few people will have access to scales that would weigh that accurately. The Jawa blaster has an injection point at the front of the barrel, The Imperial blasters is at the back- no original has these.

subzero

Sith Lord
Yeah even my ebay scale that weighs in increments of 0.1 grams wouldn't be enough, you'd need a scale that can weigh in increments of 0.01 or less.

But I don't think even that would be an accurate way to test because these toy factories didn't produce these weapons to precise weight standards, and weapons when clipped off the sprue by workers would leave varying amounts of sprue material still attached.

Jez

Sith Lord
Wow these are getting crazy. That fake James was holding looking very good indeed.
Sad times.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Look, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this our little friend being knowingly or unwittingly mis-sold on eBay? It certainly doesn't look like the v3. They've got a couple of these on there.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/152697399122

Attachments

• IMG_7559.PNG
    IMG_7559.PNG
    164.7 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_7560.PNG
    IMG_7560.PNG
    90.5 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_7561.PNG
    IMG_7561.PNG
    118 KB · Views: 754

subzero

Sith Lord
I think that might be an original, these latest fakes have a square back end but the one in that listing looks like it's got the rounded back end.

But the pic is a little blurry so hard to 100% tell.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I think AJ said and it's on the TIG site that there's a modified v6 repro with a rounded end. I'd be interested in his thoughts.

These blasters look to uniform to me to be v2 or v3 and the site on top of the barrel looks different. And it's not the v1 because it's missing the vertical line and it's not v4 which is the rougher Sculpt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom