Fake Leia Pistol

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
I think AJ said and it's on the TIG site that there's a modified v6 repro with a rounded end. I'd be interested in his thoughts.

These blasters look to uniform to me to be v2 or v3 and the site on top of the barrel looks different. And it's not the v1 because it's missing the vertical line and it's not v4 which is the rougher Sculpt.

Doh!.. forgot about the modified version, these repro's are god damn annoying :evil:

Iv'e often wondered does anyone ever get the feeling the TIG site ( apart from being both fantastic & necessary for collectors ), is being used as a guide also for the repro manufacturers?, I mean when you think about it's basically a blueprint site for which tiny details in the weapons for them to copy. The site practically tells them in detail what they're doing wrong when a new repro comes out and then they adjust their design and make it more perfect.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pretty certain it's the same one that joggers78 is currently selling :evil:

Attachments

• IMG_7562.PNG
    IMG_7562.PNG
    143.4 KB · Views: 738

subzero

Sith Lord
Yeah it looks too clean lined and smooth, it doesn't have that 'charm' to it, no tiny bits of imperfections and lumpiness in the plastic, if you know what I mean!

Armand78

Padawan
what is the tell then? i.e. how do we identify the new modified end blaster from an original? I'm still not 100% clear on this...I've seen pictures on tig but could do with an explanation.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Armand78 said:
what is the tell then? i.e. how do we identify the new modified end blaster from an original? I'm still not 100% clear on this...I've seen pictures on tig but could do with an explanation.
I'd forget about the butt and concentrate on the side profile. On the diagram below are the 4 known variants on the left and the new Repro on the right.

In my opinion you can tell straight away from looking at it that it is Repro because it looks too smooth and the barrel is too symmetrical (5). All the other repros have much more texture and the barrel varies in width at different points along it.

However, if that is too hard to see then I have marked up based on TIGs documentation the telltale signs of the other 4 blasters.

- V1 can be identified by the vertical line highlighted (1).
- V2: the site highlighted is much more squared off (2a) on this version than the Repro. In addition you can see that there is a line running all the way along the barrel (2b).
- v3: again the site is much more squared off than the Repro (3a). In addition this variant has two vertical notches on the barrel (3b)
- v4: this is the Ledy variant, is much rarer, and can be identified by the very rough sculpt to the design.

Hopefully this will help you identify the new Repro Blaster variant.

Attachments

• princess-blaster.jpg
    princess-blaster.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 713

subzero

Sith Lord
Good guide, looking at that now compared to the other 4 the differences are so obvious, and you can even see the side of the hammer at the back is completely wrong too with it's shape and position.

Sad part is people are now starting to sell these on as genuine and they're getting high bids, like the guy in the ebay link above!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Sad part is people are now starting to sell these on as genuine and they're getting high bids, like the guy in the ebay link above!

I sent him the message below, to which he replied that he was going to end the listing. His other one sold for £35. I can only hope he'll cancel and refund after the listing ends otherwise there'll be an annoyed and disappointed collector somewhere down the line.

subzero

Sith Lord
We're both on the case with that one, received this one not long back with a more detailed answer.

Untitled.png

And yes lets just hope he does actually cancel the sales, because there's no way to find out who the buyers are...

Armand78

Padawan
- V1 can be identified by the vertical line highlighted (1).
- V2: the site highlighted is much more squared off (2a) on this version than the Repro. In addition you can see that there is a line running all the way along the barrel (2b).
- v3: again the site is much more squared off than the Repro (3a). In addition this variant has two vertical notches on the barrel (3b)
- v4: this is the Ledy variant, is much rarer, and can be identified by the very rough sculpt to the design.

Hopefully this will help you identify the new Repro Blaster variant.[/quote]

Thanks so much for this. Exactly what I needed. To see them all like that with the explanation really helps.

Much appreciate mate!

Armand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom