vinyl cape jawas on ebay.

lejackal

Grand Master
£125 would still be overpriced without the split, you can get ERGs for under £100 in good condition with patience, with the split it's about a £60/70 MOC imho

subzero

Sith Lord
Can't neg him cus it was outside of ebay :(

With the value though the recent past ebay sales have it at £130 ( with very yellow/orange bubble ) and £200 ( mint ), so iv'e based the value off of the recent prices.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
Have you got his phone number?

Quote from yourself on another thread:-

if you really, really want revenge then put the nobs details into this survey site ( his full details & phone number ), and click 'yes' to every single thing they ask you to sign up to, just don't click yes to credit checks because that's highly illegal if you do that. Then he will literally get phone calls multiple, multiple times a day for years on end from all sorts of companies trying to sell stuff. :twisted:

https://www.consumerlifestyles.co.uk/

Anyone who's ever innocently signed up to this site not realising what it does ends up getting tormented for years and they can't stop it unless they change their phone number, so if he has a landline put that in if you can. I use this site for whenever I get a little **** that outright scams me, scam me and they get years of torment in return 8)

Only ever use this on someone who genuinely deserves it!, the torment is real.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Mini99 said:
subzero said:
Got this MOC this morning from this seller with a bad split in the bubble and when I messaged to complain I got told it was advertised as 'used' so it was as described. This obviously isn't the point as we all know, if it has a split in the bubble this is DAMAGE not 'used', the split should have been mentioned in the listing which it wasn't and wasn't even shown in the pictures.

I suggested a partial refund and he said "as per his description" he does not offer partial refunds but will refund £5 as a goodwill gesture ( what an insult ), in the end I settled on a £10 refund which to be honest I was kind of happy with because the split can't be seen when it's on display, and the transaction was done outside of ebay so I know I would have had hassles returning and getting my return costs back etc. Also earlier on I was told the item would be posted on 'x-date' and when I messaged on that date to request the tracking number he told me he was still in another country and his post is not due to go out for another 7 days ( thanks for telling me ).

I know I should have just maybe returned it via a paypal case but i'd been searching for one of these MOC's for a while and want to keep it, so it's a lesson learnt really and in future I may decide to upgrade the figure if I ever see a nicer one.

Anyway just thought i'd share about this seller as he's obviously acting very dishonestly, and he currently is selling 15!!! apparently genuine VCJ loose figures which I now believe to be fake after reading what other people have said in this thread.
The partial refund sounds fair if the purchase price was also fair.
In the end it's down to how you feel about the MOC. :?
But I do understand as I have a MOC that I should have returned due to damage , but had been looking for one for a while and once I had it was reluctant to do so... :roll:
If you are happy you can always upgrade at a later date.

It was £135, so in the end cost £125 after the refund, i'm happy but also kind of ain't if you know what I mean?

I'm thinking have I now overpaid for something that's prob worth about £80 with the split?, i'm not too sure on the value with that, I can live with it but tbh this was a really important figure to me and it meant a lot having it, only the split and the £125 cost has kind of harshened my buzz a bit. :?

Plus yeah like you say when it's something you've waited quite a while to get it's hard to send it back unless it's severe damage.

Do a royal guard kenner moc cost £135 today ? :shock:

subzero

Sith Lord
Thing is though some prices have been cheaper in past ebay sales but they were ebay.com sales in the US, i'm basing my valuation off of the ebay.co.uk sales and there has only been 2 of them in the past few months.

If I'd have won any one of those MOC's from the US i'd have paid a lot for import costs bringing it up to a much higher price, so I never really pay too much attention to what's happening in the US market, only to the market where I could have actually bought one here in the UK, to where the prices have actually been £130 - £200.

Sometimes iv'e noticed there can be larger differences in price between UK and US sales where in the US they're cheaper, because iv'e noticed some MOC's are a lot more common in the US compared to the UK.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry to hear you've had issues, SubZero. I am a little surprised that you'd trust this dick enough to do a direct deal with him, though? And I'd have to agree with Carl; a Kenner ERG should be sub £100. No, not talking mint but c8 condition or there abouts. Palitoy ERGs are silly money at the moment and even though I'm tight I also got involved and paid £150 for a very nice one, but that's Palitoy and that was the highest price paid according to the tracker.

At the end of the day if your happy the. That's cool and, as you say, you can't see it on display :)

subzero

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Sorry to hear you've had issues, SubZero. I am a little surprised that you'd trust this dick enough to do a direct deal with him, though? And I'd have to agree with Carl; a Kenner ERG should be sub £100. No, not talking mint but c8 condition or there abouts. Palitoy ERGs are silly money at the moment and even though I'm tight I also got involved and paid £150 for a very nice one, but that's Palitoy and that was the highest price paid according to the tracker.

At the end of the day if your happy the. That's cool and, as you say, you can't see it on display :)

Problem is is i'm very new to collecting and didn't know there was any bad news about this seller when I made the purchase, if i'd have spotted the threads online discussing his terrible practices and awful customer service i'd have stayed well away from buying from him.

But yes once I have this figure in an acrylic case it will still look stunning on display and i'll really enjoy looking at it in my collection, sure the price is a bit of a bummer but I have to just remind myself i'm not in this game for the money and aren't looking to resell it for profit or anything, I just love the figure and i'll always keep it ( unless I get a chance to upgrade it ) and at some point sooner or later what I paid for it won't matter to me.

This figure is a lesson learnt I suppose :wink: but when I look at my entire collection iv'e had some excellent deals on some figures, and the odd couple iv'e overpaid, so for the cost of my entire collection so far iv'e still done very well.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Problem is is i'm very new to collecting and didn't know there was any bad news about this seller when I made the purchase, if i'd have spotted the threads online discussing his terrible practices and awful customer service i'd have stayed well away from buying from him.

But yes once I have this figure in an acrylic case it will still look stunning on display and i'll really enjoy looking at it in my collection, sure the price is a bit of a bummer but I have to just remind myself i'm not in this game for the money and aren't looking to resell it for profit or anything, I just love the figure and i'll always keep it ( unless I get a chance to upgrade it ) and at some point sooner or later what I paid for it won't matter to me.

This figure is a lesson learnt I suppose :wink: but when I look at my entire collection iv'e had some excellent deals on some figures, and the odd couple iv'e overpaid, so for the cost of my entire collection so far iv'e still done very well.

Well that's a really positive way to look at it, so nice one :) I'm sure it'll grace your growing collection and, as far as lessons go, that's a pretty cheap one.

subzero

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
as far as lessons go, that's a pretty cheap one.

Good point, it could have been a lot worse, like in the hundreds+ which i'm guessing must have happened to a few people along the way.

So overall iv'e been very lucky.

Benvincible

Youngling
Snaketibe said:
aussiejames said:
"
New message from: vintageplanetarium (697Purple Star)
I actually have 4 loose vinyl capes to sell (two with tears in armholes), the duplicate listings are to avoid chances of timewasters and would not sell any for less than £1500. If I do I'm going to keep on cancelling transactions and you'll see them listed again until they're all sold,"

"Interesting, although can I give you a word of advice? As it clearly mentions in the article it is one of your personality traits to be blunt and rude to people, as you have been with me in the past. It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, but when your personal information, along with a photo of your child, is so readily available on the internet, I'd be careful with who you upset - this photo could end up in a pedo section on the dark web."

Quality ****ing individual he is....
What a scumbag! He lists lots of items for sale that he doesn't have, because he wants a certain minimum price for the few that he does, yet doesn't list them with that minimum starting price, and hence will disappoint every buyer that legitimately wins an auction for less than his hidden minimum!

But far worse, if I understand your second paragraph correctly, is this something he sent to you? If so, I would immediately report him to both eBay and the Police for threatening behaviour.

Please tell me you reported this? The police need to know

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom