Next Vectis Auction?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Anybody know when the next Vectis auction with vintage will be? Nothing since July and no forthcoming lots on their site. Has their seemingly endless pool dried up?

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I would imagine there'll be vintage Star Wars in either the 24th or 25th of October sale, I assume 25th. Doesn't look like there's enough around for a Star Wars only sale so yes I reckon it has dried up. A lot will depend on whether the new film will pull stuff out of the woodwork.

subzero

Sith Lord
I'd like to say i'm looking forward to the next one but the last one I didn't win a single thing out of about 20 lots :lol: and I put in decent bids.

I'm not even bothering joining or watching the next one, it was a cool experience to see a live auction which iv'e never done before, but i'd rather save 3 hours of time 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Anybody know when the next Vectis auction with vintage will be? Nothing since July and no forthcoming lots on their site. Has their seemingly endless pool dried up?
Hi Edd, have you ever tried the-saleroom.com - they've got a fairly big auction coming up on Thursday with some Boba Fett ROTJ MOCs, and a further one on the 27th with loads of loose figures including First 12 and Last 17 going under the hammer.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/search-results?searchTerm=Star%20wars

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
edd_jedi said:
Hi Edd, have you ever tried the-saleroom.com - they've got a fairly big auction coming up on Thursday with some Boba Fett ROTJ MOCs, and a further one on the 27th with loads of loose figures including First 12 and Last 17 going under the hammer.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/search-results?searchTerm=Star%20wars
Good heads up! There's some lovely MOCs to be had there... Now if only I had some money! :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks for the suggestion, will check that out. Does anybody know if they have sorted out all the Beech's stock yet? I was under the impression they had a warehouse full and it would take years to sell it all. That's what I'm more interested in really, sales like that or the Palitoy salesman, pieces with history. Not so bothered about the private collectors selling up, I can buy that stuff on eBay.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Thanks for the suggestion, will check that out. Does anybody know if they have sorted out all the Beech's stock yet? I was under the impression they had a warehouse full and it would take years to sell it all. That's what I'm more interested in really, sales like that or the Palitoy salesman, pieces with history. Not so bothered about the private collectors selling up, I can buy that stuff on eBay.

Palitoy salesman and Beech's stock has all long gone. They got a years worth of sales out of Beech's. Just private collections now.

subzero

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:

Are the pieces that have some history considered more desirable?, like ones that have come from someones collection who worked for Palitoy etc or had some kind of direct connections?, if so then i'm guessing auction prices would be likely to go higher than normal?

Hmm I'd never considered this before. :?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
To some people it may add value, although there's nothing tangibly different about the pieces so it would be hard to justify an increase in price. I just find the sales interesting to see what has come from old finds that have been untouched, the assortments can be really interesting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom