When Did The Variant Thing Start ?

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Had a weird dream last night (not the one with Kylie in a gorilla suit) where the figures that didn't originally come with accessories or weapons had random blasters packaged with them e.g. C3PO could come with any weapon so collectors were going nuts trying to find the elusive 3PO with smuggler blaster :D

jared007

Padawan
db94 said:
Had a weird dream last night

I had a really weird dream last night that a department store (present day) found a heap of old Kenner star wars stock out back in storage, and had it out in bargain bins to clear out. I got there late and it was picked clean by the early birds, but they all totally missed bags and bags of loose weapons that must have fallen out of carded MOC stock over the years. I walked away with a small fortune!

hellhippie

Jedi Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Like a few people have mentioned on here I just wanted to complete the loose run in near mint condition. Then I got sent a really interesting Han Solo which turned out to be a PBP variant. I couldn't get much info on it so I joined the forums where hellhippie and trappedtexan recommended Javier Ruilopez' book "Star Wars Made in Spain" and it all spiralled from there. I blame those three really :lol:

great!! anyways i only collected loose and finished a "full " run over 20 years ago . back then maybe people cared for luke bespin blonde and brown hair , the vinyl non vinyl caped thing and some other known variants like yoda orange and brown snake . we all get the collecting bug on again off again it comes and goes and for people that have done this for years theres only so much you can collect . when i learned of foreign variant being so different i was immediately hooked . it was a natural progression . now that i have most of those i do collect anything loose variant wise i can get my hands on . yep coo stamps , paint apps and mold difference sthe whole thing . and i love it

hellhippie

Jedi Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Like a few people have mentioned on here I just wanted to complete the loose run in near mint condition. Then I got sent a really interesting Han Solo which turned out to be a PBP variant. I couldn't get much info on it so I joined the forums where hellhippie and trappedtexan recommended Javier Ruilopez' book "Star Wars Made in Spain" and it all spiralled from there. I blame those three really :lol:

great!! anyways i only collected loose and finished a "full " run over 20 years ago . back then maybe people cared for luke bespin blonde and brown hair , the vinyl non vinyl caped thing and some other known variants like yoda orange and brown snake . we all get the collecting bug on again off again it comes and goes and for people that have done this for years theres only so much you can collect . when i learned of foreign variant being so different i was immediately hooked . it was a natural progression . now that i have most of those i do collect anything loose variant wise i can get my hands on . yep coo stamps , paint apps and mold difference sthe whole thing . and i love it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom