PBP Short Shot Blaster?!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I've just spotted this auction for a lovely condition unpainted knee, unpainted dart PBP Boba Fett:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Loose-PBP-Trilogo-lightblue-Boba-Fett-with-short-shot-blaster-/192309943726?hash=item2cc690ddae:g:BkQAAOSwsm1Zv7~9

Short Shot Blaster.jpg

My eye was caught by the eye-watering BIN price of £500 (although to be fair, there is also a 'Make Offer' option). However, the seller may be trying to justify the outrageous price by the inclusion of what they describe as a 'rare PBP short shot blaster'. To me it just looks partially melted, and I was scoffing at the ridiculous listing and the ignorant and or bullshitting seller, but then it occurred to me that I'm no great PBP expert, so perhaps... maybe, juuuust maybe, it might be a real thing and the seller knows exactly what they are talking about. I seriously doubt it, but I am very happy to be educated and proved wrong if there really is such a thing... My own best guess is that the blaster's paid a visit to a very strong heat source at some point since coming off the card, but does anyone out there know the answer for certain? I feel rather foolish for even asking, but Is there a PBP short shot blaster? ;-)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
This Fett & blaster was sold/ advertised for 400 Euros on facebook in July. Short shot weapons/figures do exist- mould just didn't fill up properly
Under-pours2.jpg

:shock: thanks I have never seen this before, do people really pay so many money for this weapons ? :shock:

subzero

Sith Lord
Hmm interesting, that pic has just reminded me when I worked in a plastics factory over 10 years ago, I was working on an automated line packing the shell housings of TV's and occasionally you'd get the odd one that didn't fully form in the mould and a good portion of the shell would be missing.

Basically the same thing as these weapons but on a much larger scale.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
I've just spotted this auction for a lovely condition unpainted knee, unpainted dart PBP Boba Fett:
My eye was caught by the eye-watering BIN price of £500 (although to be fair, there is also a 'Make Offer' option). However, the seller may be trying to justify the outrageous price by the inclusion of what they describe as a 'rare PBP short shot blaster'. To me it just looks partially melted, and I was scoffing at the ridiculous listing and the ignorant and or bullshitting seller, but then it occurred to me that I'm no great PBP expert, so perhaps... maybe, juuuust maybe, it might be a real thing and the seller knows exactly what they are talking about. I seriously doubt it, but I am very happy to be educated and proved wrong if there really is such a thing... My own best guess is that the blaster's paid a visit to a very strong heat source at some point since coming off the card, but does anyone out there know the answer for certain? I feel rather foolish for even asking, but Is there a PBP short shot blaster? ;-)
So this time it was you who was being much more diplomatic. :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
This Fett & blaster was sold/ advertised for 400 Euros on facebook in July. Short shot weapons/figures do exist- mould just didn't fill up properly
Under-pours2.jpg
Hi AJ, so it's a bit like a factory error then? I would never knowingly buy a factory error figure or MOC but I know there is a market out there for it. Would people generally expect to pay more for a factory error figure rather than a mint correct item?

Also with factory error figures the seller should and normally does draw attention to it in the listing. In this case isn't the seller trying to pass it off as something it's not? A rare blaster when really its a mould defect?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:
So this time it was you who was being much more diplomatic. :lol:
I'll be damned! I really didn't expect them to be a real thing, but every day's a school day, I guess! :lol:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I 'might' pay a very little bit more for a 'cool' error, unpainted bit to an Ewok or a stumpy spear :lol: I gave up a long time ago trying to understand why others pay what they do for 'odd ****'

subzero

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
I gave up a long time ago trying to understand why others pay what they do for 'odd ****'

For the man 'who has everything' I suppose :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Once again it's a case of each to their own / there's no accounting for taste! I have now learned that short shot blasters are a real thing and are collected by some people. Good luck to those people of course, but short shots are certainly not for me. All I see is a deformed, sub-standard blaster, but then again, I also don't see the attraction in unpainted error figures, yet some collectors go wild for them. As wiser people than me have pointed out, it would be a boring world if we were all the same*. :)

(*Unless everyone was like me, of course. Then the world would rule, obviously ;-) :lol: )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom