First ever toys as a collector?

Fawns61

Padawan
TheJabbaWookie said:
First carded figure was a ROTJ Prune Face 77 back from eBay in 2003. Sold most of my MOCs off but still got that one.

I had a spare MOC Prune Face which I sold on Ebay, possibly around that time. Would be a brilliant coincidence if it was the one that you bought, ha ha!

x-pack

Grand Master
Probably a bag of loose figures and ships that my step dad picked up from a carboot sale. It was a Christmas present, probably 1990. He knew I was interested in the stuff so got me this. Nothing amazing in there but it was a cracking start

reddogblues

Padawan
Not including buying and receiving toys for the sole purposes of playing with (so early 80s) my first purchase as a "collector" would have been at a toy fair with my dad, who went for stuff for his model train set. I saw people selling all these old Star Wars toys and I couldn't believe they were now classed as "collectors items" and decided to make a purchase which I never managed to own back in the day. This would have been around 1993/1994 and it was a last 17 A-Wing pilot and weapon for 4 quid :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Fawns61 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
First carded figure was a ROTJ Prune Face 77 back from eBay in 2003. Sold most of my MOCs off but still got that one.

I had a spare MOC Prune Face which I sold on Ebay, possibly around that time. Would be a brilliant coincidence if it was the one that you bought, ha ha!

Haven't got it anymore. Sold it off a couple of weeks ago to fund some PBP purchases. I'll see if I can re-upload the photos from the sale, would be a coincidence like you say, but with so many around who knows!

gammoguard

Padawan
Timelines quite similar to others:

Loose figures - about a dozen of the last 17 from a market stall where I used to live (can't remember exact price but total was only double figures)

Carded figure - never bought one

Boxed vehicle - Y wing

Loose vehicle - Shuttle Tyderium (remember seeing it at a show and had to have it)

Still got them all as well as my toys as a kid

Fawns61

Padawan
TheJabbaWookie said:
Fawns61 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Haven't got it anymore. Sold it off a couple of weeks ago to fund some PBP purchases. I'll see if I can re-upload the photos from the sale, would be a coincidence like you say, but with so many around who knows!

Yeah, that would be good to see. Can't go back that far in my Ebay account I don't think to check who bought it.

benny100

Sith Lord
First loose figure fx-7 for a quid about 1996
First carded figure POTF Lando General about 2000
First boxed ship/vehicle Rebel Command Centre £25

spoons

Grand Master
First loose were in 1991 - think it was a Luke Stormie for around £1 that got me back in as I had no idea it existed.

Can't remember which vehicle I got first but I do remember buying an Imperial Troop Transport from York Races Car Boot for 5 p in 1993 :lol:

I bought a snowspeeder from the Corn Exchange in Manchester for £15 as a birthday treat about a year later.

First carded was a Klaatu in 1991/1992 from Carters toy shop in Bradford for around £2. I opened it (didnt know better in those days) and still have the card back and figure.

First carded not from a toy shop was an absolute beater Tri-log Emperor for a couple of quid from a York Races car boot in 1993. I sold it around 10 years ago and saw it pop up on facebook recently, cant believe that there was another that bad but really good it hasnt been U graded.

first boxed vehicle was a TIE Fighter in around 2006

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Loose was a Yoda and a pop up R2.. kinda like that they have a synergy when I look at it
MoC was oddly (given the above) an Emperor's Royal Guard in literally the worst condition... still have it too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom