Smoking Figures

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I've recently bought a few figures off the same seller. The figures are in fantastic condition. Only one problem, they smell of smoke. I have noticed that the smell has receded from the figures themselves but is lingering on the cloth and Vinyl capes and nets. Any hot tips or do I just have to be patient and hope they fade with time?

Titan78

Padawan
Give them a hand wash with lukewarm water and fairy liquid. Dont put the fairy directly onto the cloth. Worked for a few of mine.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Just put the figures in a wet towl and the smoke will go into the wet towl, leave them a week or so... 8)

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ha ha loads of mine smelled of smoke when I got them out the loft. Everyone in my house smoked, pretty rank really. It wore off after a while.

subzero

Sith Lord
Put it in a shoe box or similar and whack in one of these deodorising blocks for a day...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ona-Block-Smell-Flavour-Odour-Eliminate-Control-Hydroponics-/253074532085?var=&epid=1841509578&hash=item3aec6ae6f5:m:mt_wGrcXG1mHP6q1YKrMq4g

These are used by cannabis growers to eliminate the strong smells, so yeah it's very powerful lol. I tried one of these in my bedroom that smelled musty damp a while back and it completely killed the odour, they don't just cover up smells they actually neutralise them.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Put it in a shoe box or similar and whack in one of these deodorising blocks for a day...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ona-Block-Smell-Flavour-Odour-Eliminate-Control-Hydroponics-/253074532085?var=&epid=1841509578&hash=item3aec6ae6f5:m:mt_wGrcXG1mHP6q1YKrMq4g

These are used by cannabis growers to eliminate the strong smells, so yeah it's very powerful lol. I tried one of these in my bedroom that smelled musty damp a while back and it completely killed the odour, they don't just cover up smells they actually neutralise them.
Interesting scents - fresh linen, apple crumble and polar crystal? WTF? If it was your bedroom subzero you must have had to buy Pro :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
subzero said:

Interesting scents - fresh linen, apple crumble and polar crystal? WTF? If it was your bedroom subzero you must have had to buy Pro :lol:

Yep defo need pro power for the bedroom haha, I love the smell of them, some people say it reminds them of like a hospital smell or being in a dentists :lol: All the ingredients are completely natural too with no crappy chemicals like standard room scents.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
subzero said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
subzero said:

Yep defo need pro power for the bedroom haha, I love the smell of them, some people say it reminds them of like a hospital smell or being in a dentists :lol: All the ingredients are completely natural too with no crappy chemicals like standard room scents.
If all else fails I might try the Granny's Apple Crumble then

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I bought a figure from the same guy Joe bought from (see the other thread) and the figure also had that nice ashtray smell. I haven't done anything to try to remove it, but after a few years the smell just disappeared. Not a trace left of it now. So there's that. :)

subzero

Sith Lord
Another quick way would be to put them close to a radiator to let the heat draw the smells out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom