Latest Acquisitions

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
laurencedyer said:
Jez said:
laurencedyer - Sweet deal on the Star Wars programme, is it the first or second edition? From memory there were 2, i could be talking out of my backside but i think one was a bit more glossy than the other. I now need to go and check lol.

Jez, your correct on the two editions of the Cinema Brochure buddy.
I am not sure which edition it is and couldn't see anything to indicate it was a second issue / reprint so I am thinking it may be a first issue. That said I am totally unsure so if you know how to tell then let me know pal.

Laurence, the rarest (and imho the best!) is the British version. If you bought it off Ebay UK there might be a chance you have this version. Look at the page with all the cast/credits and at the bottom you'll see a reference to ordering more copies. If this is a UK address and the amount is in £ rather than $ then you have the UK version.

lejackal

Grand Master
I often sell and move my collecting focus but there are very few items I miss, even less I regret getting rid of. My Meccano Kenobi was one of those items, something I never thought I'd own again.......until now that is :D
This isn't just any old Kenobi to replace mine, this is mine, the very same MOC that has been on holiday for 18 months in a far better collection than mine.
Once again I find myself thanking Max F for allowing me the opportunity to get him back, you're a gent and a scholar. Thanks mate.
BK_Mec.png

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great story Carl and well done Max - very good of you.

I'd have kept it!!!

:twisted:

maxf

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
I often sell and move my collecting focus but there are very few items I miss, even less I regret getting rid of. My Meccano Kenobi was one of those items, something I never thought I'd own again.......until now that is :D
This isn't just any old Kenobi to replace mine, this is mine, the very same MOC that has been on holiday for 18 months in a far better collection than mine.
Once again I find myself thanking Max F for allowing me the opportunity to get him back, you're a gent and a scholar. Thanks mate.

No worries mate - glad to pass him back to you!

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
laurencedyer said:
Jez said:
laurencedyer - Sweet deal on the Star Wars programme, is it the first or second edition? From memory there were 2, i could be talking out of my backside but i think one was a bit more glossy than the other. I now need to go and check lol.

Jez, your correct on the two editions of the Cinema Brochure buddy.
I am not sure which edition it is and couldn't see anything to indicate it was a second issue / reprint so I am thinking it may be a first issue. That said I am totally unsure so if you know how to tell then let me know pal.

Laurence, the rarest (and imho the best!) is the British version. If you bought it off Ebay UK there might be a chance you have this version. Look at the page with all the cast/credits and at the bottom you'll see a reference to ordering more copies. If this is a UK address and the amount is in £ rather than $ then you have the UK version.

I assume this is then a reprint / second issue Max as the brochure has both mailing addresses with 75p to pay to the UK mailing address & $1.50 for the US address.
Is this correct buddy?

Attachments

• 20171002_195240.jpg
    20171002_195240.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 784

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
That is indeed the UK version, sorry I didn't have mine in hand to see that it also mentioned dollars too! Not a second edition or a reprint, that is the bonafide UK version.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
That is indeed the UK version, sorry I didn't have mine in hand to see that it also mentioned dollars too! Not a second edition or a reprint, that is the bonafide UK version.

Thanks for the confirmation Max..

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
laurencedyer said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

It's actually Matt, but you can call me Max, I aint mad!

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
laurencedyer said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

It's actually Matt, but you can call me Max, I aint mad!

Bollocks, of cause it is lol.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
So pleased to have picked up this fella; to be honest I never thought I was likely to get one as there aren't too many 45a Palitoy AT-AT Drivers around... He may not be a stunner but I am delighted with him.

IMG_7039.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
Lom said:
So pleased to have picked up this fella; to be honest I never thought I was likely to get one as there aren't too many 45a Palitoy AT-AT Drivers around... He may not be a stunner but I am delighted with him.

IMG_7039.JPG
Lovely mate, how many is that now?

poncho

Grand Master
awesome purchases chaps 8)

my first purchase in a while that has brought a genuine smile to my face a cheeky winning bid of £15 from ebay

my first loose luke farm boy (taiwan) variant. paints pretty not bad eithier :)

Attachments

• 20171003_130739.jpg
    20171003_130739.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 677

Palifan

Sith Lord
Some great looking minty figures you have there and lobe the Buck Rogers set of figures as well. Has that Black Hole robot been painted as I thought it only came in red?

Ian

stormcab

Sith Lord
Lom said:

Blinder mate. I'd take him in that condition any day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom