What are Your Favourite & Least Favourite Vintage Weapons / Accessories?

subzero

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
It's not unusual for me to shout "oh f*** off Kenner" when trying to get a Biker Scout to hold his gun at a non-jaunty angle.

I hate it when figures don't hold a weapon at all, I have 3 figures that don't hold it at any angle and it just drops straight out of the hand, I have to use blu-tac :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Robstyley said:
Snaketibe said:
2) Snowtrooper's / Dengar's Rifle - WTF?! That thing isn't even in the films! There was a perfectly good Imperial blaster they could have given the Snowtrooper, but instead they foisted that enormous barge pole on the figure. When he held it in his outstretched arm it reached out about fifty feet in front of him wherever he went! Ridiculous!

I think it is in the films, it's meant to be this - the large Stormtrooper blaster based on a German MG34 machine gun. Although strangely it's mostly seen in Star Wars on Tatooine and the Death Star. Might be a peek of a Snowtrooper holding one in Empire? Dunno.

image.jpg.

Pomse2001 said:
About Snowtrooper's / Dengar's Rifle. That one is in the film. Dengar have one, but I have never seen them on snowtroopers. But stormtroopers use them in ANH, Luke have one on the death star see links and pictures :wink:

I agree that it might be that it's SUPPOSED to be that particular rifle, but if so it's a truly terrible likeness! So much so in fact, that it's really only Kenner who could say for sure. The biggest divergence is the second hand grip towards the front of the figure's gun, which is completely absent from the on-screen rifle, which instead had a sniper's mount / ground support / whatever you'd call it. Whatever it is, it's certainly not a second hand grip. And since it therefore doesn't really look like any on-screen weapon, I still contend that it's not really from the film, and certainly stand by my assertion that Kenner should have given a regular Imperial blaster to the Snowtrooper and moulded a more accurate rifle for Dengar... After all, they managed it for IG-88 :)

I agree the hand grip can confuse and does not look like the one in the movie. Maybe kenner thought it was a hand grip :?

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Michael from retro blasting did a really good in depth look at some of the weapons on his you tube channel. Its a good watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC3QteI7L2Y

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Favourite weapon was Stormtrooper blaster, good all rounder and easy to find.

Bossk rifle was the most annoying, still not sure how Bossk is meant to hold it.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Favourite weapon was Stormtrooper blaster, good all rounder and easy to find.

Bossk rifle was the most annoying, still not sure how Bossk is meant to hold it.

When I was a child playing with them, I always thought it was strange that I had a blue stormtrooper blaster and none of them was blue in the movie :lol: But it is a cool weapon :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Smuggler Blaster is my favourite by far and not just because of my love for all things Solo, I just love the scale, the shape, the way it fits in Greedo's hand and Han Hoth's holster...

Least favourite has to be (as others have said) Bossk's rifle, simply impossible to hold unless its wedged in somehow... daft.

olisuds

Sith Lord
My Top 3? Are foreign included? Great! :)

1) Glasslite Hoth Stormtrooper Rifle
Imperial%20Hoth%20Rifle%20V3%20Glasslite.jpg

2) Glasslite Silver Jawa Blaster
Jawa%20blaster%20V5%20Leia%20Silver%20Glasslite%20USE%20POST.jpg

3) Top Toys Chewbacca Bowcaster - I dont know whether this goes in my favourite 3 or worst 3... but its certainly unusual
Chewbacca%20Top%20Toys%20V4%20USE%20POST.jpg

My Least favourite:

1) Amanaman staff
2)Teebo staff
3) Logray staff

(Pictures borrowed from Imperial Gunnery)

Russ J

Jedi Master
Dr_Ball_MD said:
Pomse2001 said:
2) Yoda Snake - I think it was strange that Yoda had a snake, because he did not have one in the movie.

Wasn't there a snake in his house in ESB?

Yes there was a snake in Yoda's house in ESB...not around his neck though...it was on a plate if I remember rightly and Luke moved it when he needed the plate (something along those lines)...so not really a 'pet' as such...I assume thats why Kenner released the the snake accessory with the Yoda figure.....

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Russ J said:
Dr_Ball_MD said:
Pomse2001 said:
2) Yoda Snake - I think it was strange that Yoda had a snake, because he did not have one in the movie.

Wasn't there a snake in his house in ESB?

Yes there was a snake in Yoda's house in ESB...not around his neck though...it was on a plate if I remember rightly and Luke moved it when he needed the plate (something along those lines)...so not really a 'pet' as such...I assume thats why Kenner released the the snake accessory with the Yoda figure.....

I think you are right about that, maybe why they gave yoda a snake :?

Section 8

Sith Lord
Best

1. Imperial Blaster - Majority of character hold this well and is the main blaster you see in the films.
2. AT AT Driver Rifle - Good for shooting or throwing over the shoulder.
3. Luke Jedi CLOAK. - See below.

Worst

1. Vader / Ben / Lando Cloaks - Crap plastic with their arms poking out through them. They should be renamed as long waste coats as they are not ****ing cloaks. If you put them on backwards it reminds me of art class in primary school.
2. Leia Organa / Bespin blasters - They look pathetic when you see the details on other weapons. (also now too expensive)
3. Ree Yees gun - Same reasons as above.

TrooperWill

Padawan
love most of the blasters, most are pretty screen accurate, however, my personal dislike, and im amazed it hasn't been mentioned before is admiral ackbars anal bead rod! seriously, why not just give him a gun!?! why a dodgy looking sex toy?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
TrooperWill said:
love most of the blasters, most are pretty screen accurate, however, my personal dislike, and im amazed it hasn't been mentioned before is admiral ackbars anal bead rod! seriously, why not just give him a gun!?! why a dodgy looking sex toy?

Maybe he moonlights as a majorette :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom