2017 Collecting Goals, hopes and dreams

mumbo

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
To carry on the completion of my cardback run (one of every figure on each run) - still ongoing but ROTJ now complete
Vinyl Caped Jawa - Got
Blue Snaggletooth - Need
Blue saber Luke Jedi MOC - Need
Complete my set of Tri logo Fetts - One more to go, unp knee/painted dart
Bootleg Luke Jedi figure - Need
Further items for my Luke Jedi picture collection - managed a couple of items

To complete anyone of these would be truly amazing 8)

Very happy with my achievements

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Dr_Ball_MD said:
1. I'm happy with my loose collection but would like to get a burgundy cape LL Bib Fortuna and dark brown Rebel Soldier if I can.
2. Add some more ships to the collection, maybe a few playsets as well.
3. I bought a large collection of carded POTF2 and Episode 1 figures recently so may start finishing off the run of those.
4. More Zuckuss.
5. Create some space to put all this!

Mainly being gaining the ships this year, including a nice AT-AT, A-Wing and Imperial Shuttle.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I haven't found any of these. Did manage to find some stuff I didn't know I needed though. :)

Capetown said:
I hope to add a mint unused but opened Kenner Death Star to my collection and hope to find one or both of the mini rigs I still need to finish my Kenner and European mini rig run (that would be an MLC-3 ESB kenner second wave and or a PDT-8 ESB rebate offer for those interested).

My dream is grabbing one of the Trilogo Play packs. 8)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've not bought much on my list. Have got a few Last 17 and the 2-1B. Not managed a Trilogo Fett. Rebo bands are going for daft money now. Have bought a couple of Mocs but a pretty slow year for me.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Not ten individual items but my main focus areas for next year:

1) Pick up a Yak (probably) and Madine (unlikely) to finish my trilogo run
2) Finish my run of basic baggies, need about 30 more
3) Pick up a couple more nice MISB vehicles, especially keen on a Snowspeeder and B-Wing
4) Find some more obscure Star Wars/LucarArts games I don't already have
5) Continue to pick up 70b/70c trilogo MOCs when funds allow

1) Got the Yak but no Madine (definitely not going to happen now I've had a baby :lol: )
2) Baggiegate threw a spanner in the works, haven't bought a single one since
3) I think I have bought a couple of smaller vehicles, no Snowspeeder or B-Wing though
4) As you may have seen in Off Topic I recently picked up Simon the Sorcerer which has been one of my biggest wants :)
5) This run has gone really well, I picked up several at the first FF this year 8)

Overall very happy so far.

Jez

Sith Lord
Jez said:
My goals, hopes and dreams for 2017 is

1. To find a true gem out there in the wilderness: Carboot Sale, Charity Shop, Local Sales etc
Not yet, unless you count the 3 Tri Logo Yak Face MOCs in May

2. To finally find a photo of me with a Star Wars item as a kid
Crushed to say not yet.

3. To continue to improve my limited knowledge
I know a bit more

4. To continue to contribute to this forum in some shape or other
In a small way

5. To continue to have fun at the collecting socials, FF and celebration.
Definitely

6. To add a really cool item to my LXW focus
Woolies 8 pack with 2 x LXW in it

7. To continue to be on the podcast
Total labour of Love

8. To bring on and encourage new collectors
No evidence of this

9. To continue to get a kick out of showing any house guests my collection (whats left of it)
I love Star Wars and I show everyone who visits!

10. To discourage U grading
If you U Grade or collect U Grades you are a parasite. Done
Not a bad effort I guess

East Highlander

Hi all.

Apologies if an answer has been already been posted before in re to what I am about to ask!

I am looking to add to my collection of loose figures and I find that when I am on ebay I struggling to understand the diff between "VINTAGE" and the "VINTAGE" that I know as a lad from the seventies. When I am on ebay I am worried to part with any cash or pay over the odds etc.

Would anyone out there be able to give me some good pointers/advise. Again, please accept my apologies if these types of requests have been answered multiple times but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

Pomse2001

Grand Master
East Highlander said:
Hi all.

Apologies if an answer has been already been posted before in re to what I am about to ask!

I am looking to add to my collection of loose figures and I find that when I am on ebay I struggling to understand the diff between "VINTAGE" and the "VINTAGE" that I know as a lad from the seventies. When I am on ebay I am worried to part with any cash or pay over the odds etc.

Would anyone out there be able to give me some good pointers/advise. Again, please accept my apologies if these types of requests have been answered multiple times but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi stuart you can buy vintage star wars on the forum from other members, see the link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=4

Vintage star wars is from the 70s and 80s.

The vintage line is some new stuff from 2010 to 2013.

jay4

Jedi Knight
Long term goals - Just needing 13 figures for a full Moc run..
Sadly all that i need are now expensive. :?
Amazingly i still require a Lumat Moc (Any card). Him being the lowest price one he's next on my list before the years out and i have spare funds.
I've got a thing for Vtg starwars mirrors, especially those cheap tacky wood framed bootleg ones you got when the shows or circus were in town, i've ot 4 just now i've purchased this year & wouldn't mind finding another one of those before 2017's out.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Well done for getting down to only 13 MOC jay4, wander if we can guess the 13 you need. :lol:

Interesting reading all the posts of how everyone has done so far. Great to see lots of collectors picking up stuff they did not plan to get or thought they would never get the chance to own.

East Highlander

Pomse2001 said:
East Highlander said:
Hi all.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi stuart you can buy vintage star wars on the forum from other members, see the link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=4

Thanks, apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
East Highlander said:
Pomse2001 said:
East Highlander said:
Hi all.

Thanks

Stuart

Thanks, apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

No problem, I hope you could use the help :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom