The Last Jedi latest trailer

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Love it when we all watch the same Star Wars thing and have so many varied opinions.

I love Kylo, even in this trailer you can see the mental and emotional issues. He's the Anakin I wanted. Rational chap with an irrational temper - good stuff. Clearly wants to be the bad guy - even killed his dad to be it - but still getting drawn towards the light. Though we would never forgive him.

Trailer for me is awesome. But I loved the R1 trailer too - and I really thought the movie was dogshit.

Love all the misdirection.

Getting tiny glimpses of things like the legs of the praetorians in the scene when Kylo pics the saber from the floor. I'd imagine this is his training sequence where in the "behind the scenes" trailer he is fighting 2 prae's.

Can make out Snoke in the scene with Rey being ****ed over.

I'm pretty sure Kylo and Leia are having some force thought discussion while hes in his fighter.

I cant see him killing Leia. Though I suspect she will die - they only said Leia was meant to have a significant role in Ep9 and they don't need to change her role in ep8. So if her role in Ep8 was to die anyway - Carries passing doesn't have an impact on this. See what they did there? Maybe she was going to be a force ghost in Ep9 to plague Kylo's life. Like turning up at points and telling him off like a naughty boy. Or popping into the room when hes having a wank and telling him he will go blind.

Though part of me thinks it would be cool if he killed his dad in ep7, mum in ep8 and uncle in ep9 - make it happen.

Anyhow, ****ing excited. Really want to see the whole Jedi temple scenario and see what actually happened. That's lukes hand coming out of the rubble in one shot - so I'm guessing the whole place was dropped on him.

Even didn't mind the Porg. Given the reactions of other generations - from young to not as young (but still younger than us old farts) - they seemed to like the Porgs. We're old, fellas, this **** isn't just for our generation anymore ( and hasn't been since the 80's). Time we got over ourselves :D

I will watch the **** out of this one, just like TFA - could only bring myself to watch R1 once at the pics.

But hey, we're all different flavours.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Nick_IoW said:
Trailer for me is awesome. But I loved the R1 trailer too - and I really thought the movie was dogshit.

Dogshit it will be! :D I might be old growing up with SW as a kid, but I believe that these Disney movies don't justify themselves by copying old patterns.

Let's face it: SW is about the battle between good and evil. That's a fact that goes with every story, every movie since. The prequels had a lot very bad acting, but the new worlds were refreshing. We knew about the clone wars, but hadn't any idea about them. I like the blue print for a generation that we saw earlier as a kid in cinema. Clone troopers becoming stormtroopers had something like history building. I can't find anything relating to the OT that brings forward a unique galaxy watching this Disney crap. Disney plays safe using these OT like elements, they only want to please a large audience.

So what do we get? Stupid AT-AT Cylon like walkers (they really look daft), Luke shitting his pants because of some traumatic experience, Rey toying her new old lightsaber from ANH and Kylo acting like a wimp because he is developing feelings (Yeah right, Darth Vader being an example to you). With a vintage sauce this all will make a perfect vomit... from a galaxy very near you (I'm afraid) :roll:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Greatest movie ever made.

Attachments

• 22308848_1451168861627818_6101528894127737609_n.jpg
    22308848_1451168861627818_6101528894127737609_n.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,011

subzero

Sith Lord
I hope the porg gets vaporised by Kylo's saber, now that would make the film dark :twisted:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I was at a house party the other week and some random drunk was shouting out kylo kylo!!

I realised it was me he was shouting at. he managed to get through a load of people and said to me 'sorry mate but I have to tell you, you look like an ugly kylo ren' and then walked off

I didn't even know the bloke?

yeah thanks dickhead!

subzero

Sith Lord
This is how that should have gone down...

Him - "You look like an ugly Kylo Ren"

You - "You look like a ****"

8)

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
scooternick said:
I heard 'Gerbil' is a reincarnation of Han

Porg eh? I thought it looked more like a Han-ster...

I think I'm funny :)

Looking forward to this movie a lot and already have midnight tickets booked.

Pat

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Anyone else think Luke was referring to Yoda whilst mentioning only seeing 'that power' once before??? Or is he referring to Vader???

I'm optimistic about the new film, but as long as its watchable that's good enough. Rogue One was in no way 'dogshit' but we all have our opinions. It gave a great link to the OT and I really enjoyed it, plus Felicity Jones arse is an added bonus :) it was better than TFA to me, purely because of the direct link to the OT. TFA isn't a bad movie by any means, and its aimed at an entirely different generation that has moved with the times.

Gotta say that that ugly little thing looks like Pingu on Ecstacy. Chewie CGI a very bad move, and some of it looks repetitive but hey, its Star Wars and I've got an 9 year old lad here counting the days down. Its going to be enjoyable, and although it may not fit into my idea of SW it fits with the ideas of millions of others.

Enjoy it

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Defiantly Rey- I'm convinced that Kylo killed that dude in the flashback scene in TFA to protect her, probably because Snoke discovered her exsistance and wanted her kidnapped.

Maybe Rey is Kylos step sister? :? I use to be convinced of this, but now..........?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
****!

Just had a thought- shes the one who destroys the temple.... as a child.

Snoke finds out about this and sends kylo to kidnap her. (as shown in the Flashback in TFA)

Someone realises that she is a danger to everything a dumps her on Jakku far away from everything.

Shes like that child in the Akira cartoon.

Everyone thinks that Kylo destroyed the Jedi Temple, but if you think about it, there has been no evidence it was him.

When Luke says that he has seen this raw power before....its her as a child.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think Rey and Kilo Ren are brother and sister, have done from the start. So you can be sure they're not. :lol:

I've been thinking about when Luke says in the teaser, 'the Jedi must end'. Is that just a typical trailer line which has been cut short, so in the film he completes the sentence with 'the Jedi must end the First Order or something along those lines. Just a thought anyway. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom