Kenner ROTJ Moc rarity

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry if this a stupid question, was all the Palitoy Luke Jedi figures packed with the cloak on and only the Kenner ones behind?

Great error card, two blue sabres...never seen that before!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Really cool example, does he have a palace blaster as well? Thinking about it along with Han Hoth, Luke Jedi is my favourite figure. I think! :? :lol:

Yes thankfully the palace blaster is in there too 8)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Sorry if this a stupid question, was all the Palitoy Luke Jedi figures packed with the cloak on and only the Kenner ones behind?

Great error card, two blue sabres...never seen that before!

Thanks. I believe Palitoy Luke Jedi MOC with the green sabre can b found not wearing the cloak.

subzero

Sith Lord
I wish I was working in these factories back in the day, i'm the type to mess about when I get bored, I would have ended up putting like 10 or 15 sabers in bubbles with an upside down figure :lol:

Imagine if something like that existed today 8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
I wish I was working in these factories back in the day, i'm the type to mess about when I get bored, I would have ended up putting like 10 or 15 sabers in bubbles with an upside down figure :lol:

Thinking about it, that would have been fun!
Doubt you could get away with that these days.

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
subzero said:

Thinking about it, that would have been fun!
Doubt you could get away with that these days.

Probably not today, most things can be traced all the way back to a certain worker, and i'm guessing everything gets image scanned or weighed by computer etc for mistakes, back then quality control in factories wasn't that great.

15 years ago in a job we had 2 giant pallets full of small car parts, which some of us had to sort through by hand to check for quality and it took all week, we had to put a green paint dot on the reverse side of every single one with a pen to pass it. 2 weeks later the customer complained that some of them had little xmas trees and smiley faces painted on them so we had the entire lot sent back to sort through again to take them out :twisted:

The fun I could have had in a Palitoy factory. :lol:

jared007

Padawan
theforceuk said:
The Emperor on a 77 a is not that easy to get hold off.

Going by the data in Star Wars Tracker over the last year, 77a is the most common for the Emperor - or did I misunderstand you?

emperorMOC.png

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
There's no way he's the most common 77 A. I wouldn't even say it's the most common example of him on a card either. Two of those examples on Star Wars tracker are 77 B Backs. Just because 77 A has been common over the last year doesn't mean that example is the most common. I guess you did miss understand me if you think I'm saying they are rare, I'm just saying they are not as easy to get hold as you might think for the right price. You could say that about most vintage Star Wars I guess. :roll:

£300 for a Jedi Emperor, can't be that common. :shock: :lol: The price for a 77 A is a lot more than a 77 B on Star Wars tracker.

Not sure I understand your point.

jared007

Padawan
theforceuk said:
There's no way he's the most common 77 A. I wouldn't even say it's the most common example of him on a card either

If I look back several years, 77A is still the most common in terms of completed sales, by a long shot - that's what Vol(ume) 56 means. Below is graded and ungraded sales together. So I guess my point was I'd say a 77A is the easiest to get a hold of. I admit this is just Star Wars Tracker data, but I'd be surprised if the reality was vastly different.

emperorMOCYears.png

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I still can't believe it, I spent two years getting one for the right price, every time I tried to get hold of one they were drastically over priced or a 79 Back Trilogo or POTF. Does Star Wars tracker take into account that the same figure could get sold 5 times in the same year? All I said was is the Emperors not that easy to get hold, just my experience didn't realise I was going to get cross examined. :lol:

jared007

Padawan
theforceuk said:
I still can't believe it, I spent two years getting one for the right price, every time I tried to get hold of one they were drastically over priced or a 79 Back Trilogo or POTF. Does Star Wars tracker take into account that the same figure could get sold 5 times in the same year? All I said was is the Emperors not that easy to get hold, just my experience didn't realise I was going to get cross examined. :lol:

You know what, we are probably both correct - just depends on our starting assumptions and criteria :) I've just done the same thing but only include sales from the UK (first go were global stats). Quite a different story over the last year if you were trying to get one locally. Does that fit your experience more?

emperorMOCUk.png

The Tracker will over-represent sales of the same item that churn through collections through time. But I've always seen the tracker as reporting market/sales activity together with *buying opportunites*. So from that perspective I've never really worried about it.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I remember I did look at other options international search on eBay, even Facebook and other auctions, thing is for me if you have the money and are willing to pay over the odds then what Jedi card figure combination is hard to find? The thread is called Kenner ROTJ MOC rarity and the first thing that sprung to mind was the emperor on a 77 A Back was hard to get. The entire time I was looking, there was was on eBay USA for over £200 BIN Graded. I ended up getting one for £130 with the same grade, after a long wait.

My point being who thinks a Jedi Emperor is hard to get, no one but actually out of all the debut Jedi cards I have brought up until now he has been the hardest to get.

Have a look on eBay for one now there isn't one I would buy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom