Farthest From XVI - 9th and 10th December 2017

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
Plastikheld said:
Wow guys - thank you so much for your support on getting me to FF.

@ Jason: thank for figuring out you route, but 3 hours (when everything works) in addition to flight time and getting from here to there might be a bit to much time at all. Spending this time I can also think of driving by car and take a ferry (which I wanted to avoid).

@ Mr-shifter: a pick-up would be great, but flights from here to Gatwick are rare and expensive. Might be easier for me getting an early flight to LHR and then taking a bus (megabus?) to Gatwick. What do you think? Might this be an option?
Do you return on sunday? So I would try to get a light flight back.

To be honest I thought it would be easier getting there, but I like those kind of trips.

If you can get to Gatwick that's no problem. I will drive down after lunch on the Saturday and be back 6-7 ish on the Sunday. If we can make something work then that's no problem. I can also drop you off at Southampton train station if that's easier. There will be ways and means.
Allright then - I'll try to get an early flight to LHR then via bus to Gatwick. For the return I'll have to figure out what's the best way for everyone. I don't want you or anyone else to have any circumstances or planning because of my flight departure. :wink: Maybe I will leave a bit earlier and try Jasons route back.

Edit: had a short talk with my wife in the meantime. Maybe I'm a little bit late in planning for this FF and better try to get there next time. :(
Then I'll maybe do this trip with a fellow collector from Germany and we will combine it with a roundtrip along the coast.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
Edit: had a short talk with my wife in the meantime. Maybe I'm a little bit late in planning for this FF and better try to get there next time. :(
Then I'll maybe do this trip with a fellow collector from Germany and we will combine it with a roundtrip along the coast.

That's a real shame as the Christmas one is always special with the dinner in the hall. When you do decide to take the plunge, and if you're getting a coach anyway, you might just want to head straight to Ringwood from Heathrow as Gatwick is sort of back in the other direction. All things considered though the detour would probably be with it to get a lift with Ben and who ever else he picks up along the way.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
Mr-shifter said:
Plastikheld said:
Wow guys - thank you so much for your support on getting me to FF.

@ Jason: thank for figuring out you route, but 3 hours (when everything works) in addition to flight time and getting from here to there might be a bit to much time at all. Spending this time I can also think of driving by car and take a ferry (which I wanted to avoid).

@ Mr-shifter: a pick-up would be great, but flights from here to Gatwick are rare and expensive. Might be easier for me getting an early flight to LHR and then taking a bus (megabus?) to Gatwick. What do you think? Might this be an option?
Do you return on sunday? So I would try to get a light flight back.

To be honest I thought it would be easier getting there, but I like those kind of trips.

If you can get to Gatwick that's no problem. I will drive down after lunch on the Saturday and be back 6-7 ish on the Sunday. If we can make something work then that's no problem. I can also drop you off at Southampton train station if that's easier. There will be ways and means.
Allright then - I'll try to get an early flight to LHR then via bus to Gatwick. For the return I'll have to figure out what's the best way for everyone. I don't want you or anyone else to have any circumstances or planning because of my flight departure. :wink: Maybe I will leave a bit earlier and try Jasons route back.

Bit of an odd offer... but I'm in Swindon, if you can get the Train to Swindon from Heathrow (which isn't too difficult), I can drive you to the event on Saturday morning. It takes about an hour and a half worst case to get to Fordingbridge from Swindon. I'm staying with my Brother in Ringwood Saturday night (someone on here may have a spare bed(?) or advise where to book) and will do the event on the Sunday morning, heading back to swindon some time after lunch...

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Plastikheld said:
Mr-shifter said:

Bit of an odd offer... but I'm in Swindon, if you can get the Train to Swindon from Heathrow (which isn't too difficult), I can drive you to the event on Saturday morning. It takes about an hour and a half worst case to get to Fordingbridge from Swindon. I'm staying with my Brother in Ringwood Saturday night (someone on here and will do the event on the Sunday morning, heading back to swindon some time after lunch...

You've never got room for a person, I saw how many MOCs you bought at the last event, I reckon your brother had to jog home just to get them all in

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'll be there on the Sunday, looking forward to seeing everyone and lots of vintage goodness :D

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Stuart Skinner said:
You've never got room for a person, I saw how many MOCs you bought at the last event, I reckon your brother had to jog home just to get them all in
:lol:
You guys don't make it easy for me to cancel the trip. I'll think about it ... 8)

spoons

Grand Master
I'm there Saturday evening courtesy of Hutchinson Executive Transport - looking forward to it as ever

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom