Huge AFA graded production collection to be auctioned off later in the year

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I think it is what it is, it's for sale. There's a number of reasons why he could be selling. Maybe he's had it so long he's lost the buzz and has got no love for it anymore. Maybe he's got old and needs the money for retirement etc. Maybe he wants to give his kids money for a house. Maybe he wants to travel the world. Who knows? What a stunning collection though. Something like this should be in a museum or on display somewhere for fans and collectors to see. It's almost a shame to split it up. I wonder what it will fetch.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I rem those three AFA 95 12 backs selling at Brian's Toys years ago with an asking price of just shy of $13000 each :!: will b interesting to see what they fetch this year :?:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I Know Investors or Investor collectors are generally frowned upon because they allegedly have no passion or love for Star Wars etc. I myself have been referred to as an investor by certain forum members (very welcoming) but investors are usually business orientated people who choose a more speculative style of investment. So if these people are choosing to dispose of their investment could it be that they are doing so because they think the bubble is about to burst. In Star Wars collecting terms maybe this is April 1929 and these investors know what is coming in October!

finestcomics

Padawan
palitoyjunky said:
I rem those three AFA 95 12 backs selling at Brian's Toys years ago with an asking price of just shy of $13000 each :!: will b interesting to see what they fetch this year :?:

I was going to say, I recall a few of these pieces coming through BT and/or Tom, so these weren't cheap even then. Scoop tends to cross into multiple pop culture collecting categories, and Hakes does too, so the marketing and venue is sure to bring a diverse crowd of buyers. Probably moreso than we saw with Sotheby's. With the John Berk collection soon coming to market, it seems Heritage failed to represent twice, and like 'em or hate 'em, it is the venue where higher caliber stuff performs best.

More savvy vintage SW collectors will probably look at the single tier grades and bid accordingly, but it remains to be seen how those just getting their feet wet will respond to the marketing frenzy.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
The listing for this has gone live now... the DT Ben Kenobi is up to $26k already if anyone fancies a little flutter.

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/CollectionDetail/314/RUSSELL-BRANTON-STAR-WARS-COLLECTION

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
The listing for this has gone live now... the DT Ben Kenobi is up to $26k already if anyone fancies a little flutter.

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/CollectionDetail/314/RUSSELL-BRANTON-STAR-WARS-COLLECTION
Thanks for the link, some amazing pieces for sale!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Am on the Hake's site and can't see all the collection :?: So I can see the DT Ben and Luke but no Vader :?:
Can't see the 3 95 grade 12 backs either :?:

wrighty

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Am on the Hake's site and can't see all the collection :?: So I can see the DT Ben and Luke but no Vader :?:
Can't see the 3 95 grade 12 backs either :?:

Apparently all the items will be spread out in multiple auctions over 12 months. I think you can request the catalog for free if you ask nicely!! :lol:

jared007

Padawan
wrighty said:
I think you can request the catalog for free if you ask nicely!! :lol:

I have one coming, will post a few photos when it arrives if it looks any good. Hakes have done a good job with the photos, so the catalogue might be a nice thing to have, and a great way to have some pictures of these items. That's the closest I'll ever come to some of it!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
jared007 said:
wrighty said:
I think you can request the catalog for free if you ask nicely!! :lol:

I have one coming, will post a few photos when it arrives if it looks any good. Hakes have done a good job with the photos, so the catalogue might be a nice thing to have, and a great way to have some pictures of these items. That's the closest I'll ever come to some of it!

Is there a link on the website to request a catalogue, if so I can't find it, or did you request one in the contact us link?
Do they ship these to the UK or is it only US?

jared007

Padawan
My copy arrived this week. Interesting catalogue to say the least! 300 pages worth. I organised this copy as Hakes recently got in touch with me to see if I was interested to include the results of these auctions in the Star Wars Tracker price guides. I am in the U.K., and I know they ship these to other international customers.

Very well produced, great pics. Couple of sample pages here.

If you want one, just get in contact using their website details. They are very approachable.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
The Luke on first page is AFA 95, I cant see the others either.

Someone's getting a flipping big tax bill! :shock:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I can't see the DT Vader, L Slot Fett or Carded Vlix does anyone know how much they are?

Are there any Palitoy items in the Auction?

Is the Chewbacca ESB Doll a prototype?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
To answer your first question:
The collection has been broken up and will be in other auctions.
The other two questions, sorry I have no idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom