Latest Acquisitions

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Got a bit of a score at Vectis last week. My tactic for Vectis is simple - put low bids on lots of stuff, and forget about it expecting not to win anything. Over the last three years I have only won four things from over 200 bids. Last week was one of my lucky days, I put in a cheeky £1500 bid on a trilogo Jawa and nobody else went for him. I already had one but this was in better condition, so it's an upgrade. Here's old and new together:

trilogo-jawas.jpg

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Great Jawa Edd. I was gutted that I missed this vectis auction, forgot to even put in early bids. Was a lot of bargains IMO.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Amazing ... just ... amazing. Even your old one was a beauty.
Completely missed Vectis this time. Think I did not pay enough attention on the newsletters. :(

subzero

Sith Lord
4 wins out of 200, makes me realise why I didn't win a single thing at Vectis the other month out of 20 auctions :lol: I was chancing it and only put in bids at around the lower estimate maybe a little higher.

Amazing looking Jawa mate it's a stunner, I have a tri Nikto if you wanna swap for the other old crappy beat up Jawa just send me a PM. :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Fantastic new Tri Jawa, in fact they both look great.
Had trouble telling which one was the new one!
Will we see the "old" one for sale soon?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks guys, yes as usual with an upgrade there were compromises to make, at a quick glance the old one may look better as it has less edge wear, but it has a large rip by one of the Jedi logos from where it used to be part of a Meccano three pack which were glued together. The bubble is also slightly better on the new one. The tape residue on the new one will come off, just haven't got round to it yet.

I already gave first refusal to another forum member who expressed interest a while ago, but if he passes it will be up for sale.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Haven't posted much here for a while, but this arrived today from SAVORY100.
I know that the back has the first owners marks of what figures he had and wanted, and what a lucky chap he was!
But I find the marks, circles and ticks endearing, one of the main reason that I went for it.
I can imagine him hunched over the card marking which one he already had, what do you think?

Attachments

• 9B6B7DCF-DC9F-4315-A71E-0AFAF036C27F.jpeg
    9B6B7DCF-DC9F-4315-A71E-0AFAF036C27F.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 885
  • AD24D1A9-3B51-423E-B5CD-AC9757922EEB.jpeg
    AD24D1A9-3B51-423E-B5CD-AC9757922EEB.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 885

Jez

Sith Lord
So what have you shown off in 4 days? Some amazing carded figures!

Page 2161
Laurence: Great score on the Spanish Tri Logo Amanaman, great sticker on the reverse
Roundster: That's a real shame about the R5 but those 3 for under £200 is great. 3 cracking figures, no pun intended.

Page 2162
Thomas/Sweden: I simply love the Chewie card, great pick up.
Edd: wow mate that's a great tactic which has really paid off for you. Well done mate.

Page 2163
Mini99: I love that too! A great Han carbonate there mate.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Haven't posted on this thread before but happy to finally get my hands on a Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider and for under £100 including postage. One of my 2017 goals ticked off and should have another one to show you guys later in the week :D

Attachments

• 94236D35-941B-4FD4-987D-F6754FB8DCDC.jpeg
    94236D35-941B-4FD4-987D-F6754FB8DCDC.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 836

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Haven't posted much here for a while, but this arrived today from SAVORY100.
I know that the back has the first owners marks of what figures he had and wanted, and what a lucky chap he was!
But I find the marks, circles and ticks endearing, one of the main reason that I went for it.
I can imagine him hunched over the card marking which one he already had, what do you think?

So good to see him appreciated in his new abode and looks cracking in the GW case too! 8)

subzero

Sith Lord
Very nice Han carbonite.

I'm also a bit of a 'history guy', i'm fascinated with the past and believe in preserving it so to see those markings on the back is quite cool. It's a piece of actual collecting history recorded on the card, can't beat that!

Very nice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom